IK 25th Anniversary Group Buy!

cclarry

11 minutes ago, chris.r said:

Dang, and a bummer. Minor one but still.

No, Pete I mean their software alter-ego. It would have been a huge breakthrough if we could use them, and some other like the Fulltone processors, as a singles in our DAW for mixing.

That's what I meant.  The virtual versions have been available in AmpliTube from September 9th.  We posted news on our site, sent emails to all AmpliTube 5 registered users about the update, and I believe we sent out a "marketing" email about it as well (which would not go out to all AmplITube 5 users because we send an update mailing to them as it is and not all are signed up for those kinds of emails).

Edit - I see what you mean, but these are part of AmpliTube so the virtual versions are not standalone processors.  You can use AmpliTube with all other sections turned off if you want the "singles" type of functionality.

Edited by Peter - IK Multimedia
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, Peter - IK Multimedia said:

Edit - I see what you mean, but these are part of AmpliTube so the virtual versions are not standalone processors.  You can use AmpliTube with all other sections turned off if you want the "singles" type of functionality.

That's what I already do with fultone's TERC and it's getting quickly high on CPU and RAM if I want to slap a few instances on some keyboards and guitar tracks, so I'm trying to stay mostly on AT4 to save a bit. But I get it that X-Gear can only work in AT5 now.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Doug Rintoul said:

Too true. This has actually made me excited about the GB again (which of course was its intended purpose). I no longer feel left out because I already had everything. Now is that really mixed up or what?

Yes in deed.  I went from finishing my available list at 17 freebies, to rooting for 24 to finish my list AGAIN.  Thanks for the ride IK!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bapu said:

. . . . I forgot about the software X-Pedals. 

1 hour ago, Bapu said:

Yeah, I have all of those ala carte along with all the Collections from before I bought AT5 (and thus did not need AT5Max)

I don't know if you or anyone else sorted this out yet, or if more info is needed (from someone like @Peter - IK Multimedia), but I was under the impression that the software functionality was previously added to AT5.  I haven't found where I read that,** by my impression at the time was IK made updates to the AT5 software so that it was ready for the hardware roll-out.

If so, what does selecting any of the X-Pedal [-Drive, -Space, -Time, -Vibe] Software Only freebies give AT5 users that they don't already have?

Note: I am not trying to be critical, just trying to understand some of the new twists and turns in this Group Buy.  (I have found this Group Buy to be mind-boggling--yes, a good deal for IK software, but mind-boggling nevertheless.)

**UPDATE: It might have been from this post and/or the links:

Edited by User 905133
to link a prior post

6 minutes ago, User 905133 said:

I don't know if you or anyone else sorted this out yet, or if more info is needed (from someone like @Peter - IK Multimedia), but I was under the impression that the software functionality was previously added to AT5.  I haven't found where I read that, by my impression at the time was IK made updates to the AT5 software so that it was ready for the hardware roll-out.

If so, what does selecting any of the X-Pedal [-Drive, -Space, -Time, -Vibe] Software Only freebies give AT5 users that they don't already have?

The software versions of X-Pedals for AT5 were/are a separate $149.99/pedal purchase. The update only provided for the ability to add the X-Pedals to AT5 but did not add the actual pedals.

Edited by Doug Rintoul
  • Like 1

Adding the extra freebies is great but for me a bit annoying....

I feel like I wasted some of my choices that I wouldn't have done if I'd have known that extra stuff was going to be added.

I have the words of Larry still ringing in my ears "DO NOT SELECT YOUR FREEBIES UNTIL THE END!"  - but I didn't have the will power.

If some of my choices are 'unauthorised' is it possible to change them ?

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Doug Rintoul said:

Too true. This has actually made me excited about the GB again (which of course was its intended purpose). I no longer feel left out because I already had everything. Now is that really mixed up or what?

Me too.   I got everything, and had just given up on it.  I was kind of irritated I went in as many times as I did, as at least one of my buy ins would have gained me nothing.  Certainly brought back the excitement to me.

28 minutes ago, simon said:

If some of my choices are 'unauthorised' is it possible to change them ?

I was able to have support exchange some 'duplicates' I selected, but I would not be one to request exchanges due to my lack of patience. YMMV.

Edited by Bapu
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

12 minutes ago, simon said:

I have the words of Larry still ringing in my ears "DO NOT SELECT YOUR FREEBIES UNTIL THE END!"  - but I didn't have the will power.

This^^^!!!  I was digging at the bottom and was going to have everything on the list with one freebie leftover when it goes all the way. As it stands, if it goes to 24, I'll still be able to get 3 X-Pedals. Anywho...thanks for all of this fun stuff IK!

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, bluzdog said:

As it stands, if it goes to 24, I'll still be able to get 3 X-Pedals. Anywho...thanks for all of this fun stuff IK!

So which X-Pedal are you NOT getting? LOL!

I had a first go with them today and the 4 pedals are essentially, drive, chorus, reverb, & delay. With a lot of preset variations each...

Edited by abacab
  • Haha 1

9 hours ago, Grem said:

Get Syntronic at $199. Then you could max out all the extras with your freebies.

Then you could get ST4 Custom Shop and use that too!!

Or you could get ST4 as a freebie when you buy in at the $199 level. 

When you buy in at that level, your options are wide open!!

Good suggestion!  Unfortunately, I got into the Group Buy a few weeks ago at the $149 level and upgraded my Amplitube collection first.  Sorry for not making that clear in my post.  The good news, I can still pick up a couple of nice synths with the freebies I haven't used yet!

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, abacab said:

So which X-Pedal are you NOT getting? LOL!

I had a first go with them today and the 4 pedals are essentially, drive, chorus, reverb, & delay. With a lot of preset variations each...

image.png.e08c8f66772c670c65b7da901f983df3.png

Here's where I stand now. I wouldn't change a thing except Reggaeton and Fulltone ( I already had OCD). See what I did there? 😎