IK 25th Anniversary Group Buy!

cclarry

51 minutes ago, simon said:

Thomann in Germany have sorted it so they deal with all the paperwork - delivery takes about 4-5 days and NO extra charges.  Free delivery over £160  and £8 under that amount. They bill in £ - returns are straightforward too, although extremely sloooooooowwwwwww

There is an occasional popup that appears on the IKM site regarding buying hardware in the UK (I think - I never bother to read it !) - try logging out and in again to see if it triggers the popup.

you can get lots of the IKM stuff on Amazon in the UK - they have their own 'store' (assuming you don't have an idealogical reason not to use Amazon ...some do)

That's great news about Thomann - I used to use them all the time.

Obviously the shipping has gone up though, even if they're sorting the paperwork out, so I'd have to look at the overall cost.

In the meantime, Gear4Music has been pretty awesome.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Nick Blanc said:

Right, one more stupid question, just to not spend €160 and end up without the goal I have in mind. When I'm NOT logged in, the price of let's say Amplitude 5 is 299. When I'm logged in, it's 199 (probably because I own other products and this is my upgrade?). Same principle goes for ST4 and Hammond.

If I were to buy the UNO synth (or drums), would that MSRP of 199 (or 249) qualify me for Amplitude 5 at 199, OR does the normal MSRP price of 299 still hold up and wouldn't I be able to select it as a freebie?

IK does not have "upgrade" prices. However, if you already own an IK product with an MSRP of $99 or above, you will see "crossgrade" pricing for certain items at $199.

If you bought a "crossgrade" for $199, you would enter the GB at the $199 level, not the full price.

58 minutes ago, abacab said:

IK does not have "upgrade" prices. However, if you already own an IK product with an MSRP of $99 or above, you will see "crossgrade" pricing for certain items at $199.

If you bought a "crossgrade" for $199, you would enter the GB at the $199 level, not the full price.

Thanks for clearing that up. However, I think I perhaps misworded it. What I meant was: if I enter the GB again at the 199 level with buying a synth (or any other 199 product for that matter), will the freebies which will be available to me be at the 199 level before or after the crossgrade option? So for example, will the UNO synth get me Amplitude 5 (for 199, because that's my crossgradfe price) or will the  'freebie price' in the Promotions tab be the 299 (the MSRP) and thus it will not be available to me because I bought in at 199?

1 hour ago, msmcleod said:

That's great news about Thomann - I used to use them all the time.

Obviously the shipping has gone up though, even if they're sorting the paperwork out, so I'd have to look at the overall cost.

In the meantime, Gear4Music has been pretty awesome.

shipping is only slightly more expensive than it was - I think the free delivery tier was about £80 pre Brexit ?  Either way it's all very transparent so it's easy to compare. The only downside for the impatient (like me!) is the 4 or 5 working day delivery PLUS the very long 'refund' times if you have to return something.

I have to say that my experience with G4music has been (much) less than stellar......I'm unlikely to order from them again - although everybody's experience is different of course 👍

10 minutes ago, Nick Blanc said:

So for example, will the UNO synth get me Amplitude 5 (for 199, because that's my crossgradfe price) or will the  'freebie price' in the Promotions tab be the 299 (the MSRP) and thus it will not be available to me because I bought in at 199?

If you buy in at the $199 level, you will only see freebies priced at $199 and lower in the Promotions. All freebie crossgrades at $199 should be available.

Best to check with Peter as to what is and is not available at crossgrade pricing in the promotions.

1 hour ago, abacab said:

If you buy in at the $199 level, you will only see freebies priced at $199 and lower in the Promotions. All freebie crossgrades at $199 should be available.

Best to check with Peter as to what is and is not available at crossgrade pricing in the promotions.

@Peter - IK Multimedia Do you have an answer? Would there be a 199 crossgrade as a freebie available, or is it only the MSRP in the freebies? So would a UNO synth qualify me for Amplitude 5 or Sampletank 4 or will I fall short?

15 minutes ago, Nick Blanc said:

@Peter - IK Multimedia Do you have an answer? Would there be a 199 crossgrade as a freebie available, or is it only the MSRP in the freebies? So would a UNO synth qualify me for Amplitude 5 or Sampletank 4 or will I fall short?

I am not Peter (obviously), but you would qualify for Amplitude 5 and Sampletank 4. I bought Amp5 for $199 and was able to pick up Sampletank 4, Sampletron 2, Modo Drum, Hammond B-3X, etc at the crossgrade price, even though the MSRP was above $199.

3 minutes ago, Doug Rintoul said:

I am not Peter (obviously), but you would qualify for Amplitude 5 and Sampletank 4. I bought Amp5 for $199 and was able to pick up Sampletank 4, Sampletron 2, Modo Drum, Hammond B-3X, etc at the crossgrade price, even though the MSRP was above $199.

Thanks! That puts my mind at ease.

24 minutes ago, Nick Blanc said:

Once you qualify for crossgrades, that is the pricing you will see in your free choices.  So if you bought UNO Synth, you'd qualify for the crossgrade prices on AmpliTube 5 and SampleTank 4.

3 minutes ago, Peter - IK Multimedia said:

At first I thought you were being facetious and I was going to say you'll never see that free MIDI controller and then I remembered I had already told you that :P

Now if you would of had the MIDI controllers as a hardware buy-in earlier I would of brought the 37 keyboard. 

Why do you like to torture me Mr. Peter 🙄  

19 minutes ago, InstrEd said:

Wow it is really moving along. Only  3,024 to go!   By Golly we're going to make it!

We actually only need about 6/hour to make the goal. In the last 8 hours, it has been 16/hour. So unless someone turns off the lights and we all go home, we can party on.

• Great Idea 1