IK Renews Its Software Range - Featuring more affordable prices with more accessible upgrades (not a deal)

Walter Cruz

IK Multimedia announces lowered pricing on its entire software range and a generous new upgrade policy for all paid registered IK users, reaffirming IK's commitment to its customers owning the software they need.

New More Affordable Pricing

With this renewal, IK has reduced pricing between 30% and 50% on the majority of its award-winning software products, making these powerful music production tools more accessible than ever.

New More Inclusive Upgrade Policy

Along with lower pricing for everyone, IK has greatly simplified the upgrade process for returning customers, introducing a single upgrade-for-all policy.

Regardless of the IK product purchased, all registered IK users will now have access to any software product at upgrade pricing. To be eligible, the registration of any paid product, be it software, hardware or even just an app, is the only simple requirement.

Similarly, any registered owner of another IK MAX product is eligible for IK's MAXgrade price on the new Total Studio 4 MAX.

New MAX Bundles lead the way

Reflecting the new pricing, 5 new MAX bundles are available now at the IK Multimedia online store and from IK authorized dealers worldwide:

• Total Studio 4 MAX – $/€799.99* – 170 products, over 640 GB of sounds
  • SampleTank 4 MAX v2 – $/€299.99 – over 600 GB of samples and 18,000 sounds
  • T-RackS 5 MAX v2 – $/€299.99 – 53 mixing and mastering audio processors
  • AmpliTube 5 MAX v2 – $/€299.99 – over 430 guitar and bass gear models
  • Syntronik 2 MAX v2 – $/€199.99 – 34 synths, over 5,000 presets, 223 GB of sound content

Existing customers who have registered any IK product can upgrade at special prices:

• Total Studio 4 MAX upgrade – $/€499.99
  • SampleTank 4 MAX v2 upgrade – $/€199.99
  • T-RackS 5 MAX v2 upgrade – $/€199.99
  • AmpliTube 5 MAX v2 upgrade – $/€199.99
  • Syntronik 2 MAX v2 upgrade – $/€149.99

Existing users of Total Studio 3 (or 3.5) MAX, AmpliTube 5 MAX, SampleTank 4 MAX or T-RackS 5 MAX are eligible for a special "MAXgrade" discount:

• Total Studio 4 MAX MAXgrade – $/€299.99

For more information on the new upgrade policy, visit: www.ikmultimedia.com/upgrade_for_all

• Like 4

There's a coupon in the cart, but not added, so make sure that you look at that.
it takes another $50 off the price of TS4 Max Upgrade, but as usually, if you use the coupon
you can't use Jampoints

Edited by cclarry
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 2

I haven't looked at anything IK for awhile as I find their purchasing/jam points/authorization process cumbersome.

I used this as an opportunity to take another look and see what I qualify for. It's still unnecessarily painful and convoluted - so I'm spending my money elsewhere.

I truly don't understand that company. :/

• Like 5
  • Great Idea 2

1 hour ago, cclarry said:

There's a coupon in the cart, but not added, so make sure that you look at that.
it takes another $50 off the price of TS4 Max Upgrade, but as usually, if you use the coupon
you can't use Jampoints

You can use up to 90 Jampoints bringing the price to 210$. Considering the new stuff included since 3.5, it’s an interesting price.

• Like 1

What’s new in Total Studio 4 MAX

30 NEW PRODUCTS INCLUDED

3 NEW SOFTWARE PRODUCTS:

MODO BASS 2

MODO DRUM 1.5

TONEX MAX

1 NEW BRAND COLLECTION FOR AMPLITUBE:

AmpliTube MESA/Boogie 2

12 NEW SAMPLETANK LIBRARIES:

Beat Machines

Bionic Drums

Extraterrestrial Saxophone

Mojo Synthesis: Alien Harbours

Mojo Synthesis: Circuit Damage

Mojo Synthesis: Ring of Doom

Mojo Synthesis: Swarm

Mojo Synthesis: Vector Vision

Salsa Percussion Loops

The Code Volume 1: Urban DNA Kits

The Code Volume 2: Urban R&B Edition

The Resonator

2 NEW T-RACKS MODULES:

Joe Chiccarelli Vocal Strip 

The Farm Stone Room

12 NEW SYNTRONIK SYNTHS:

CATO 

GS-V 

KW-8000 

M-12 

Megawave 

Obie One 

OSC-V 

Pro-VS 

Sorcerer 

Syner-V 

Synth-X 

43 minutes ago, Greg said:

I resisted getting anything after buying TS Max 3.5. Couple of new things here. Most interested in Modo Bass 2 and Joe Ciccareli  Vocal Chain.  

Same here. And when I look at the additions to 4 MAX, a $299 upgrade from 3.5 MAX is a non-starter for me. In November I upgraded from 2.0 MAX to 3.5 MAX for $99 -- that's the number for me unless they add quite a bit more.

https://www.ikmultimedia.com/products/ts4/index.php?p=compare

Edited by John1984
added link to comparison
  • Like 2

(Short) funny story: I decided to have a look on some other sites to see if they stocked Total Studio 4. When I did a search, I found Total Studio VI. I interpreted that as being roman numerals for 'Total Studio 6'. It took a moment for me to realise it was the Virtual Instrument edition of Total Studio (the previous one) 😁

• Haha 8

16 minutes ago, kitekrazy said:

They do. At one time Jampoints use to expire.

They still do expire, which I'd argue isn't favorable for long time users as I'm pretty sure it is a ~2 year use it or lose it situation.  

I own the vast majority of what they have released.  I don't have Modo Bass 2, but do have both the full MODO Bass and Modo Bass SE but my upgrade price is $150 to get to 2.  Honestly that seems really steep for an upgrade.