IK Renews Its Software Range - Featuring more affordable prices with more accessible upgrades (not a deal)

Walter Cruz

7 hours ago, Promidi said:

I think IKM just just rename Amplitube to Amplitude and be done with it........

LOL! I never even realized until recently that I've been calling it wrong all these years!  I don't think I'll ever be able to call it "tube"... 

1 hour ago, Carlos Iglesias said:

I don't know what is the price of the update, I go to the update section and nothing appears, only a message that allows me to update.

You have to click the "Buy Now" button, then it will give you your price.

https://www.ikmultimedia.com/products/ts4/

I find it curious (and a bit humorous) that the title of this thread is "IK Renews ....Featuring more affordable prices with more accessible upgrades" - and the entire thread is about how confusing IK is and the prices being too high.  :)

• Like 1
  • Great Idea 1
  • Haha 6

I was just going over the "12 new" Syntronik Synths that IK is including in TSM 4, to see what was actually "new".

I have Syntronik 2 MAX and was curious about what extra you are getting here in TSM 4. I only found 1 synth that is not part of my Syntronik 2 MAX collection, the Synth-X. https://www.ikmultimedia.com/products/synsynthx/index.php?p=info

It appears that this synth was released after the other current IK bundles were released, so it is a "single" one-off that is apparently making its first appearance in a bundle (unless I'm overlooking something). So if you already have Syntronik 2 MAX, you may want to consider this redundancy.

This all reminded me of a big strength of the Syntronik collection, the lesser known synths that have not really been emulated elsewhere. I had a play with one of them today, the "Sorcerer" (included in Syntronik 2 MAX and Total Studio MAX 4).  It has some really nice tones and character!!! I have a lot of other different Moog emulations, but there is something special about this one!

From the IK description:

"The Sorcerer offers the distinctive timbres of the legendary Moog source, two fat analog oscillators through the legendary Moog 24 dB per octave transistor ladder filter. In many ways, the Source was a programmable Minimoog capable of generating massive basses and superior leads."

Edited by abacab
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 3

On 4/6/2023 at 7:30 AM, cclarry said:

My price is $299 and minus the $50 coupon ( I only have 34 Jampoints) would be $249.
While that's not unreasonable, I'll still wait for a sale

I took advantage of PayPal interest free if paid off in 6 months. @$50/mo that's less painful than $250 up front.

• Like 1
  • Great Idea 1

5 minutes ago, Bapu said:

I took advantage of PayPal interest free if paid off in 6 months. @$50/mo that's less painful than $250 up front.

I could use my Paypal 4 pay...but still I'd rather pay less than $250...

• Like 2
  • Great Idea 1

IK seems to have fixed the price issue!

With my jam points I can get it for 210.
I missing Tonex and few other libraries, I can wait till September, my jam points expire in September. 

From your past experience do you think it might go on sale before September?

• Like 2

On 4/6/2023 at 7:24 PM, mibby said:

I don't get this. Do you feel like IK doesn't provide quality software??  I mean, you bought TS3.5 for some reason.  Do you feel like it wasn't worth what you paid?   

IK is famous for being very attractive price wise when it comes to new customers. Once you're already in, you're constantly shafted by new customers getting better deals than you. User retention doesn't seem to be a priority for them as it stands out.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Bruno de Souza Lino said:

IK is famous for being very attractive price wise when it comes to new customers. Once you're already in, you're constantly shafted by new customers getting better deals than you. User retention doesn't seem to be a priority for them as it stands out.

My personal experience is completely opposite your description. My upgrade from TS MAX 2 to TS MAX 3.5 last November was so low one would have thought it was a glitch. My interaction with support has been nothing but positive. The app leaves me frustrated sometimes, but it's reliable. Overall, my experience with IK has been better than NI.

• Like 3

IK is a textbook example of no good deed goes unpunished.  Their rep has been enduring neverending  negativity for well over 10 years from people who seem to have no appreciation for the fact that IK often provides great value. Yes, sometimes they miss the mark, but sometimes they offer you like 50 products for the price of one.  I am not a fan of installation process or how some bundle upgrades work but that is minor to me and pales in comparison to companies like izotope  ( in izotope 's defense, I have had reps discount me on upgrades when they realized I had most of individual products) who will charge you to "upgrade" to a bundle that literally contains one more item. IK's product line is so vast that their bundle gives you more than most of us will ever need to create, mix and master most forms of popular music and to then some at a price that is decent even at full price. Let's be honest. We rarely buy these things at full price and still complain. Some of us have multiple licenses of these products that end up resold. I'm not saying everything IK does is perfect, but they seem closer to being "on our side" than most. They even offer decent free versions of multiple products than can often be upgraded with the freebies they often give out.  If IK ever folds we will miss them.   

• Like 8

And that comes from a person who just bought 3.5 max. No, I'm not likely to grab 4 anytime soon because , well I'm not Bapu( just being lighthearted. I love that you support these businesses) and I already have too much software that is redundant and funds are saying no.  Just because it's not right fit at the is moment does not mean it is a bad deal. 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Bruno de Souza Lino said:

IK is famous for being very attractive price wise when it comes to new customers. Once you're already in, you're constantly [getting  worse offers than new customers who get much better deals.]  User retention doesn't seem to be a priority for them as it stands out. [language paraphrased in the interest of not blaming new customers]

3 hours ago, John1984 said:

My personal experience is completely opposite your description. 

Between yesterday and today I did some comparisons of a couple of the new pricing options.  My calculations overwhelmingly support @Bruno de Souza Lino 's assertion  over @John1984's assertion. 

Sorry, but I do not have the time to make spreadsheets showing a whole range of comparisons.  However, this disparity can be mathematically demonstrated to be true.

Note: I have intentionally excluded the user retention issue (a priority or not a priority) because (1) that cannot be mathematically demonstrated (verified or negated), (2) it is an opinion, and (3) from what I have seen IK has strategies for user retention. Not saying the other strategies are the best they could have, just that I have seen other retention strategies.

Edited by User 905133
edits for the sake of clarity

1 hour ago, dubdisciple said:

Just because it's not right fit at the is moment does not mean it is a bad deal. 

I agree with this in large part based on my calculations of how customers owning / having paid for fewer items in a bundled product get considerably more products for their money and sometimes even pay less for that bundled product.

I agree with accentuating the positive, but a great deal for one person might be a vastly inferior deal for someone else.  In my opinion, every consumer needs to understand as much as they can so they can determine for themselves whether as individuals they are getting a great deal or an inferior deal.  Saying something is a great deal for all consumers is grossly misleading.  Similarly, saying the new IK pricing is a bad deal for all consumers is also not true.

Caveat emptor!

Edited by User 905133
Grammatical corrections; Added two sentences for the sake of avoiding misinterpretations
  • Like 1

58 minutes ago, User 905133 said:

I agree with accentuating the positive, but a great deal for one person might be a vastly inferior deal for someone else.  In my opinion, every consumer needs to understand as much as they can so they can determine for themselves whether as individuals they are getting a great deal or an inferior deal.

I fall into the category of someone who already has quite a few IKM products, including TS MAX 3, SampleTank 4 MAX, Syntronik 2 MAX, Miroslav, T-RackS 5 MAX plus Sunset Sound and Comprexxor,  most of Amplitube 5, MixBox, Lurssen, ARC 3, MODO Bass 1, MODO Drum 1.5, Hammond B3, etc.

So I need to figure out if the MAXgrade to TS MAX 4 is worthwhile for me for $249 with the discount/ 50 Jampoints. 🤔

TS MAX 4 would add for me:

• Some new ST4 libraries that don't interest me
  • MODO Bass 2 upgrade from 1 ($99 w/ Jampoints)
  • MODO Drum 1.5 upgrade from 1 ($99 w/ Jampoints)
  • 1 new Syntronik instrument, Synth-X ($34.99 w/ Jampoints)
  • Sampletron 2 ($90.99 w/ Jampoints)
  • 2 new T-RackS modules that I could use (not interested in the Tascam tape units or the vocal strip), Farm Stone ($23.99 w/ Jampoints) and Fame Studio ($104.99 w/ Jampoints)
  • Amplitube 5 MAX 2 with some new stuff that I don't need
  • Tonex MAX that I don't need

So since I don't have enough Jampoints for all of those transactions, in real life I would have to choose just one item. But to compare them with the cost for the entire TS MAX 4 of $249, my selections alone would total $452.96 if purchased separately with the Jampoints discount. That would mean TSM4 would be the better deal for me by saving $203.96, assuming that I would actually buy all of that.

But here's the thing, that MODO Bass upgrade is the only thing here that I would really like to add. The rest would just be a big bundle of GAS for me! 🤣

Edited by abacab
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1