IK Renews Its Software Range - Featuring more affordable prices with more accessible upgrades (not a deal)

Walter Cruz

10 hours ago, Bruno de Souza Lino said:

I don't believe the samples which compose MODO Drum (which are cymbal samples, since the drum sounds are synthesized) fall into that 180-day BS window thing, as you can't use MODO Drum without them.

Yes they do. Mine have expired...

MODO Drum Sounds.PNG

• Like 1

I'm looking for a crossgrade or other "deal' on the Hammond B3X. I own a pretty extensive collection of IKM products, but nothing pops up for me (when logged into the site) on the Hammond B3X except the standard list price of $130. Looking for a ~$99 price point to pull der trigger.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Charles Czerny said:

I'm looking for a crossgrade or other "deal' on the Hammond B3X. I own a pretty extensive collection of IKM products, but nothing pops up for me (when logged into the site) on the Hammond B3X except the standard list price of $130. Looking for a ~$99 price point to pull der trigger.

If you have jam points from previous purchases, you can get up to 30% off in the online IK store.

• Thanks 1

I do wish they'd make two adjustments with respect to their JamPoints:

• Put a readout of how many can be used in a transaction. I know I can pull out a calculator and multiply the price by 0.7, but (1) it'd be more convenient to see immediately how many I can use; and (2) I wouldn't have to guess for rounding up/down.
  • Always deduct the points that are about to expire first. The last time I made a purchase, it deducted some points I got for free and left the ones that were about to expire.
  • Like 2
  • Great Idea 2

1 hour ago, antler said:

I do wish they'd make two adjustments with respect to their JamPoints:

• Put a readout of how many can be used in a transaction. I know I can pull out a calculator and multiply the price by 0.7, but (1) it'd be more convenient to see immediately how many I can use; and (2) I wouldn't have to guess for rounding up/down.
  • Based on High-Speed Math Self-Taught (a do-it-in-your-head book from the 1950s/1960s) I will often do something like this:
    • Round the price to a workable number.
      • For example, $149.99 ==> $150 (the price).
    • Divide by ten.
      • $150 ==> $15.
    • Multiply by 3.
      • $15 ==> $45. (max Jampoints allowed in $)
    • Subtract from the price.
      • $150 - $45 = $105. 
  • Classic example:
    • Multiplying by 25 can be done mentally by multiplying by 100 [aka moving the decimal over two places] and dividing by 4.
      • 1664 ==> 166400 ==> 41600
    • Or, vice versa 
      • 1664 ==> 416 ==> 41600

As for your second wish ("Always deduct the points that are about to expire first. The last time I made a purchase, it deducted some points I got for free and left the ones that were about to expire.") I didn't know they did it that way. I agree.  Your way would be more customer oriented!!!

Edited by User 905133
fixed typo
  • Like 2