IK Renews Its Software Range - Featuring more affordable prices with more accessible upgrades (not a deal)

Walter Cruz

8 minutes ago, cclarry said:

My price is $299 and minus the $50 coupon ( I only have 34 Jampoints) would be $249.
While that's not unreasonable, I'll still wait for a sale

Good point. For some reason, I thought 299 was a sale price. I've got enough Jampoints for the full 30% discount, making it approximately 209 (I think). However, 30 points will expire in June. I guess I'll have to take a gamble on whether a sale price will be lower than 209.

• Like 1

They need to come up with a compression format like NI to reduce files size of their libraries.   That's over 800 GB using the ST engine.  The nice thing is they don't take forever to load from a HDD. BTW anyone ecer explore all of ST and can list favorite sounds?  I never see that.

I find the ST browser just sucks for me after using other romplers. I still can't get my head around it.  I usually have to open up the other GUIs like Syntronik.  I just never feel the need for rompler synths these days. The file structure is so confusing and there needs to be some way of removing what you don't want.

Ever since T-Racks came out the reviews have been great but how often does one explore them especially the originals.

If you are not a guitar guru Amplitube is all you need instead of other 3rd party.

TS Max vs. Komplete.  The issue is not about quality but choices are so overwhelming with those large packages you never explore everything.  Unfortunately just buying pieces of either is not the better value most of the time.

Modo Drum and Bass will probably replace my use of Toontrack since TT gets expensive over time.

The plus with IK is their licensing.  None of the single or dual machine nonsense.  The problem is if you own everything in a Max package individually it's not considered Max.  A lot of developers seem to do that.

• Like 3

"Total Studio 4 MAX MAXgrade – $/€299.99 (for registered owners of Total Studio 3 (or 3.5) MAX, AmpliTube 5 MAX, T-RackS 5 MAX, SampleTank 4 MAX, TONEX MAX, Syntronik 2 MAX and MODO MAX)"

I got SampleTank 4 MAX and Syntronik 2 MAX, and 99% of the rest of their software and I am not eligible for  4 MAX MAXgrade – $/€299.99!

Typical IK dumpster fire!

No, I am not contacting support to get it fixed! You want my money, get your acts together!

4 hours ago, smallstonefan said:

I haven't looked at anything IK for awhile as I find their purchasing/jam points/authorization process cumbersome.

I used this as an opportunity to take another look and see what I qualify for. It's still unnecessarily painful and convoluted - so I'm spending my money elsewhere.

I truly don't understand that company. :/

I used to own a business. I created a pricing calculation that was extremely fair for every situation and was sooo proud of it, it was brilliant. But it was as much brilliant as convoluted to the customers and so they've always had issues with it. Once I made a flat low price for all, everyone was happy. Was it fair for every castomer, no! But what a peace of mind. Lesson learned :) 

Edited by chris.r
  • Like 1

My Maxgrade from TS 3 is $299, minus 50 Jampoints it's $249.

All I really would like from the current offering is MODO Bass 2. That is $149 by itself, minus 50 Jampoints it's $99. Probably wait for a sale on that one! ;)

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Sander Verstraten said:

no MAXgrade from Tonex MAX?

Yes TONEX MAX should fully qualify.  If you're not seeing it let me know your IK username.

3 hours ago, antler said:

(Short) funny story: I decided to have a look on some other sites to see if they stocked Total Studio 4. When I did a search, I found Total Studio VI. I interpreted that as being roman numerals for 'Total Studio 6'. It took a moment for me to realise it was the Virtual Instrument edition of Total Studio (the previous one) 😁

Thankfully at least that was Total VI not Total Studio VI so someone must have miskeyed something for it to show up that way.  Still very funny.  And there is no longer Total VI since SampleTank 4 MAX adds a ton of libraries and is priced much better than Total VI would work out at.

3 hours ago, cclarry said:

My price is $299 and minus the $50 coupon ( I only have 34 Jampoints) would be $249.
While that's not unreasonable, I'll still wait for a sale

Cool, the pricing structure was lowered for the MAX line as well as other items to try to keep these reasonable (and the coupon was added right from the go so there wasn't any "playing catch up" when inevitably an additional discount for MAX users would be considered anyway but I won't take any of the credit there ;) ).

2 hours ago, smde said:

"Total Studio 4 MAX MAXgrade – $/€299.99 (for registered owners of Total Studio 3 (or 3.5) MAX, AmpliTube 5 MAX, T-RackS 5 MAX, SampleTank 4 MAX, TONEX MAX, Syntronik 2 MAX and MODO MAX)"

I got SampleTank 4 MAX and Syntronik 2 MAX, and 99% of the rest of their software and I am not eligible for  4 MAX MAXgrade – $/€299.99!

Typical IK dumpster fire!

No, I am not contacting support to get it fixed! You want my money, get your acts together!

I can look if you send me your IK username but you are eligible with either of those MAX products for the 299.99 pricing for Total Studio 4 MAX Maxgrade.

36 minutes ago, chris.r said:

I used to own a business. I created a pricing calculation that was extremely fair for every situation and was sooo proud of it, it was brilliant. But it was as much brilliant as convoluted to the customers and so they've always had issues with it. Once I made a flat low price for all, everyone was happy. Was it fair for every castomer, no! But what a peace of mind. Lesson learned :) 

Yes, it isn't easy but lowering the prices across the board is a move in the right direction and I mention the coupon thing above which I feel is the right thing to do right from the start.

• Like 4

OK, so here were my predictions from November '22:

I'm surprised that there were 6 months of "catch up" sales at the $99 price point for TS3.5, but other than that, there's nothing unexpected.   Not sure if I'll upgrade in 2024, but I'm sure by 2026, they'll have some new cool stuff. Or maybe I'll get something "free" with hardware.

I bought the upgrade to Max a few weeks ago.  I figured it'd be cheaper to go that route then update, say, Amplitude to V5 on it's own when it came out since I already own a few of the Max suites.  Kinda disappointed to be honest.  I was expecting updates, like, SampleTank 5, AmpliTube 5, Syntronik 3 etc. and not just a bunch of existing libraries being added.  Is that how it's always been?  

1 hour ago, jngnz said:

The upgrade from TS3.5 costing the same as the crossgrade FROM A SINGLE PRODUCT is the final sign I needed to sell my copy of TS3.5 and be done with this company forever.

Nope, $200 difference. 

1 hour ago, Peter - IK Multimedia said:

I can look if you send me your IK username but you are eligible with either of those MAX products for the 299.99 pricing for Total Studio 4 MAX Maxgrade.

@Peter - IK Multimedia  Thanks for your quick reply and offer to get it resolved.

How I got these two Max products has anything to do with I am not getting the lower price?

I got both SampleTank 4 MAX and Syntronik 2 MAX for free during your many for one promotions.

It would be great if IK can clarify or get it fixed for everyone. I doubt that I am the only one who has this issue.

Regarding the purchase, at the moment the only major thing that I am missing from IK is Tonex. I will wait for the sale to get the upgrade.

14 hours ago, Fleer said:

The upgrade price from a single product (not a MAX one) is $499. 

True. I have all of the T-Racks stuff and maybe 99% of Amplitude Amplitube plus Most of Modo Drums and Bass and others from various Group Buys, and this is my "upgrade" price.

16 hours ago, jngnz said:

The upgrade from TS3.5 costing the same as the crossgrade FROM A SINGLE PRODUCT is the final sign I needed to sell my copy of TS3.5 and be done with this company forever.

I don't get this. Do you feel like IK doesn't provide quality software??  I mean, you bought TS3.5 for some reason.  Do you feel like it wasn't worth what you paid?   

This Max upgrade pricing thing is totally different from what Waves just tried to pull which does justify that sentiment. IK's pricing is screwy, but it's not a money grab at the customers' expense. I've gotten some high quality stuff from them over the years for really decent prices, sometimes even FREE.

--- edit --- correct product name ---  :)  ---

Edited by mibby
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, mibby said:

I don't get this. Do you feel like IK doesn't provide quality software??  I mean, you bought TS3.5 for some reason.  Do you feel like it wasn't worth what you paid?

Agree, it isn't perfect and can hide some bugs but it's useful at least if not groundbreaking at some corner points. The whole registering/licensing/sale/upgrading mish mash is somewhat daunting but I got adopted to it quite early. Got some gems in a few epic group buys as well.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, mibby said:

True. I have all of the T-Racks stuff and maybe 99% of Amplitude [sic] plus .........

I think IKM just just rename Amplitube to Amplitude and be done with it........

Edited by Promidi
  • Haha 4