IK 25th Anniversary Group Buy!

cclarry

I'm trying to figure out what to get with my second entry at the 149.99 level. Arc 3 plus mic also got me TRacks Deluxe under the mix on the go promotion. I've picked up Comprexxor and Space Delay. But now I can't decide. For example, why would I use Master EQ 432 if I have Pro Q 3? Why would I use Stealth Limiter if I have Pro L 2? Not being argumentative, just genuinely curious. Just don't know if I should go with something that alters the sound in interesting ways (like the TRacks Leslie) or get mastering gear that duplicates things I own. Also thinking about the Tape Machines, but I'm pretty happy with Acustica Taupe for that. 

6 hours ago, artturner said:

I'm trying to figure out what to get with my second entry at the 149.99 level. Arc 3 plus mic also got me TRacks Deluxe under the mix on the go promotion. I've picked up Comprexxor and Space Delay. But now I can't decide. For example, why would I use Master EQ 432 if I have Pro Q 3? Why would I use Stealth Limiter if I have Pro L 2? Not being argumentative, just genuinely curious. Just don't know if I should go with something that alters the sound in interesting ways (like the TRacks Leslie) or get mastering gear that duplicates things I own. Also thinking about the Tape Machines, but I'm pretty happy with Acustica Taupe for that. 

Master EQ 432 won’t duplicate FabFilter Pro-Q3. I have the FabFilter total bundle and believe it’s the absolute best but I also love having hardware emulations for color. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, artturner said:

fwiw.. i use stealth on every project more of less. blurp from an article on it. I don't have Pro L so can't really comment on how it compares.

"dithering can be selected via Stealth, down to 24 or 16 bits. Unity Gain monitoring is selectable, as is Infrasonic Filter (a 22 Hz high-pass filter, removing rumble) and even four modes of saturation.Stealth’s Tight mode offers no coloration;Balanced seems to very lightly smooth out high frequencies and transients; Harmonics 1 brings in a bit of subtle saturation; and Harmonics2 continues that saturation with just a touch of grind and grit."

this fellows video on what he does with Master EQ helped me learn a lot on what it can do. does a little talking -- but knows his stuff for sure. when I have time i will try to remaster some old live recordings i have with it. I just cant be arsed to turn on 20 year old macbooks.

Edited by telecode 101
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

11 hours ago, Bapu said:
12 hours ago, chris.r said:

Should I join your ship of 16 empty slots?  😂

If only there was a way, I'd let you.

Oh I know a "third entry" to get me there :D:D 

edit: by saying "empty slots" I mean useless... sorry I should be more specific when posting

Edited by chris.r
  • Great Idea 1

18 hours ago, Peter - IK Multimedia said:

I cannot do that directly, but IK support should be able to help you out.  If you log a ticket please let me know the ticket number and I'll see what I can do to give it a little nudge though.

They helped me out. Made it clear that is was an exception. Got my missing files, joined them together with what I had and all works again. Thanks!

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, TheSteven said:

222 to go until we hit 7 freebies.
If only I had more items to indulge in...

Isn't it nice that your plate is full ;)  I look at all the IK goodies and wouldn't even know how to use most of the Amplitube or TRacks.  So for me  I don't want to go overboard on them.  I have Amplitube now and T-Racks and T-Racks SE for my freebies.  That should give me enough to mess around with :D

1 hour ago, InstrEd said:

Isn't it nice that your plate is full ;)  I look at all the IK goodies and wouldn't even know how to use most of the Amplitube or TRacks.  So for me  I don't want to go overboard on them.  I have Amplitube now and T-Racks and T-Racks SE for my freebies.  That should give me enough to mess around with :D

I was in your boat two group buys ago.  I started out with just AmpliTube 4 and T-RackS 5 and a handful of AmpliTube collections.  Now, with this GB, I've picked up their new products (AmpiTube 5, MixBox), completed the AmpliTube collections, and am working on the T-RackS modules.  And since I have SampleTank 4 MAX from a keyboard promotion, I'll probably get a $49.99 library to finish off my SampleTank collections.

When you're missing just a couple of items, there's a strong urge to complete the collection.  So, check back in a year or two and see if you're not more invested.

Edited by ALC

3 minutes ago, ALC said:

When you're missing just a couple of items, there's a strong urge to complete the collection.  So, check back in a year or two and see if you're not more invested.

Yep I'm still amazed at how much came with Sampletank 4 max that I got with the same keyboard purchase offer.  That was money well spent as I like and use the keyboard.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Peter - IK Multimedia said:

Yet you still ask me to add a free controller to this group buy??  :D

Yep! Never can have enough. You do realize the Hammond is multi tier 😁

Being serious I'm thinking a Arturia MIDI keyboard might be the way for me to go.

2 hours ago, InstrEd said:

Yep! Never can have enough. You do realize the Hammond is multi tier 😁

Being serious I'm thinking a Arturia MIDI keyboard might be the way for me to go.

I bought an Arturia Keylab 61 MkII this year. Had to back order it for 2 months from Sweetwater. Out of stock everywhere!

Solid build quality, heavy metal frame, and feels a lot like like the old rompler workstations that were common in the 90's... unlike most of the common cheap plastic controllers available these days (and I have a few). I plan to use this as my main controller. It's not cheap, though! Probably the best alternative to a Native Instruments Komplete Kontrol S series.

No regrets! But I would avoid the cheap Keylab Essential series. For one thing, no aftertouch... 😧

Edited by abacab
  • Like 1