IK 25th Anniversary Group Buy!

cclarry

1 hour ago, abacab said:

But no free shipping... $12.99.

It's not so cheap when you factor that in... maybe Pete could toss in free shipping on any hardware product as a group buy freebie choice! 😁

I'd be genuinely fine with just a free mic... shipping cost I can shell out for.

• Like 2
  • Great Idea 1

47 minutes ago, cclarry said:

As long as we make 8 I'm good to go!  The extra month would be nice...
but 8 gets me to where I wanted to be with this!

I got 4 more to collect. so to 11 would be great.. but if not, oh well..

collecting the brit and white channel, ssl bus compressor, and one more API eq.

giphy.gif?cid=ecf05e47cyiiuwd0i65s9g81v6

Edited by telecode 101
  • Like 2

6 minutes ago, Jacques Boileau said:

Quick question. If I get the T-Racks Stealth Limiter, is there any reason to also get the Brickwall Limiter? Does the stealth do everything the brickwall does and more?

Good question. I believe there is a difference in the style features. also. Now how much of a difference it is and how you will use it  hard to gauge.  Stealth also has ISPL.

FWIW.. I use mostly Stealth on everything more of less. Great plugin.

STYLE: sets the style the limiter will use. Options are:
• Clean: this is the cleanest and most transparent style, useful for genres where the complete absence of
distortion is a must.
• Advanced 1, 2, 3, 4: these styles uses a “mix” between warm and smooth saturation and digital limiting.
All offer more punch and color than “Clean”.
• Sat 1, 2, 3: these styles use various forms of saturation as limiting. The Gain Reduction meter will not
show reduction because the gain reduction element is not working on these styles.
• Clipping: straight digital 0 dBFS clipping, no gain reduction shown.

MODE Section Controls:
The controls in this section allow you to set the operating mode of the limiter and the kind of processing
going on under the hood.
• Tight: this is T-RackS Stealth Limiter’s default mode, and its most neutral. It respects the source material’s
natural sonic dynamics the most. Even when set to the highest limiting setting, the music will never sound
“compressed” or “constrained.” With this setting, you can increase loudness while maintaining a neutral
effect on sonic timbre and dynamics.
• Balanced: like its name suggests, this is a more balanced processing that can be used when a small
amount of dynamic compression is acceptable (or desirable). The difference between this mode and TIGHT
is so subtle that the two are only subtly distinguishable at high loudness levels and with extreme limiting.
• Harmonics 1: this mode adds the slight harmonic saturation of a Class A tube circuitry to the party, so that
some color is added to the music program. Still, being the harmonic enhancement stage “pre” limiting, the
transparency of the limiting process is maintained. The amount of harmonic enhancement is determined
by the amount of signal that enters into the plug-in. There is no control over this on the limiter itself, so to
experiment with more or less “coloration” just adjust the signal level before the Stealth Limiter plug-in.
• Harmonics 2: like the Harmonics 1 mode, this mode adds a nice solid state harmonic saturation for a
different flavor and slight more “edge” that can be useful to impart a bit more character to a weaker mix.
Also for Harmonics 2 mode, the amount of harmonic enhancement is determined by the amount of signal
that enters into the plug-in. There is no control over this on the limiter itself, so to experiment with more or
less “coloration” just adjust the signal level before the Stealth Limiter plug-in

Edited by telecode 101
  • Thanks 2

Just now, telecode 101 said:

Good question. I believe there is a difference in the style features. also. Now how much of a difference it is and how you will use it  hard to gauge.  Stealth also has ISPL.

FWIW.. I use mostly Stealth on everything more of less. Great plugin.

I think I'll reserve getting the brickwall only if the GB gets into so many freebies that I have exhausted other choices. The stealth should probably be enough for me.

• Great Idea 2

13 minutes ago, Jacques Boileau said:

I think I'll reserve getting the brickwall only if the GB gets into so many freebies that I have exhausted other choices. The stealth should probably be enough for me.

My understanding of it, based on the docs is, that the regular Brickwall can add color and not entirely transparent like the Stealth.

"Then you can start experimenting with the other Styles. ADVANCED styles uses a “mix” between warm and
smooth saturation and digital limiting. They all are punchier and more colorful than CLEAN, and they can be
effective on certain material because the actual limiting effect is less evident, at the expense of some saturation.
Experiment with all advanced styles because the right kind of limiting could be a particular balance that only one
of these styles provides."

• Thanks 1

54 minutes ago, Jacques Boileau said:

Quick question. If I get the T-Racks Stealth Limiter, is there any reason to also get the Brickwall Limiter? Does the stealth do everything the brickwall does and more?

From my experience Stealth is more cpu-intensive especially when using oversampling, and is best for mastering as the final processor. Brickwall can be used in mixing, adding color suits there too.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Help me out here for adding to Amp 5.
On a scale of 1 to 10, bearing in mind I'm a Plexi Marshall kind of guy...

Brian May
Slash
Satch
Orange
D Bag

Make sense?

I qualify for the Amp 5 Leslie, but not an effect I use (for guitar) and I have it in TrackS 5.

TIA,

t

@cclarryI get that, the Jubilee and the 2210 is that the other one?
Both great amps, but not Plexi 😎
I should have added re: B May, I loves me some EL 84 goodness (not a 6V6 kinda guy, here comes the flames... )

Edited by DeeringAmps

2 hours ago, RSMcGuitar said:

I would go Orange for sure 

Exactly! I was drawn to the orange side of the force when IK gave away the Tiny Terror! Great crunch sound with good mids that come through the mix.

I love it and the name of the amp reminds me of my 2 year old granddaughter! 😄

The Orange pack is high on my list of freebies!

Edited by Jacques Boileau
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1