IK 25th Anniversary Group Buy!

cclarry

5 minutes ago, cclarry said:

Freebie value is based on price paid, and not on retail value...so, in this case, $199.99

Actually, it should be based on the retail price of the SKU, which for the upgrade/crossgrade is $199.99, and not the non-crossgrade SKU of $299.99.  If you can pick up a product of the non-crossgrade SKU for less (which has happened in the past), then you'd get onboard at the retail price of the SKU.

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, Doug Rintoul said:

I should have listened to Larry and not chosen my freebies until the end of the group buy. I am thinking of getting in at the $199 level and thus get Amplitube 5 but I have already picked Amplitude 5 SE as one of my $149 level picks. It pains me to think that I have wasted a pick. What is a poor boy to do?

That's really sad! 😱 Oh, wait, how much did you pay for that lost freebie again? $0? You'll survive this! 😉Just think of all the poor souls that didn't even enter the group buy! 😔

But, as a lesson: Always remember and never forget to listen to Larry!

🤡

• Like 1
  • Great Idea 1
  • Haha 2

7 minutes ago, ALC said:

Actually, it should be based on the retail price of the SKU, which for the upgrade/crossgrade is $199.99, and not the non-crossgrade SKU of $299.99.  If you can pick up a product of the non-crossgrade SKU for less (which has happened in the past), then you'd get onboard at the retail price of the SKU.

Which is EXACTLY what I said...PRICE PAID ($199.99)...not retail value.  You are technically correct...
It's based on the PRICE of the product as sold (which is what I was referencing in response to his question),
and not the RETAIL of the product.  In this case the retail price of the product was $299.99, and the crossgrade
is $199.99.  If you buy the crossgrade your freebies will come in at the $199.99 level.   Even if you paid $5 for the
$199.99 crossgrade, you TECHNICALLY PAID $199.99, and your freebies come in at $199.99.

Edited by cclarry
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, Jacques Boileau said:

That's really sad! 😱 Oh, wait, how much did you pay for that lost freebie again? $0? You'll survive this! 😉Just think of all the poor souls that didn't even enter the group buy! 😔

But, as a lesson: Always remember and never forget to listen to Larry!

🤡

So True :D

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, InstrEd said:

I have my list but have not redeemed yet as I might change my mind.  I know 5 items are a certain but heck you never know :D

When I originally bought into the GB I thought, "This is it. I'll never buy in at the $200 level. May as well pick Amp5 SE because I really want the added features." However, some brilliant person outlined the Gear Credits/Jam Points scheme and now I think I can afford the $200 level as well. Just goes to show that GAS is fickle.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, kevin H said:

If we get to higher freebie levels I may pick some freebies that I may never install because of interest or to save ssd space.  So not that different.  I’ve heard of some folks letting their promotion picks expire so wouldn’t be that different from your sacrificial early pick.  Unless of course IK can do something for you….not sure if it’s an option.   I thought someone on this thread opened a case and something similar was resolved. Could be wrong.  Was one of first posts so may not be that hard to find.

Edit: Bapu opened a case on 8/17 and I believe he was allowed to pick something else.  I’m not able to link his post.

Yup. I found his post. He picked some things he already owned and IKM support unpicked them for him. Not sure my case is similar but it would be worth a try I guess.

11 minutes ago, Jacques Boileau said:

No, but you can enhance them in so many ways using T-Racks! Judiciously compressed, EQ'd to perfection and a dash of tape saturation makes them out of this world! Just make sure to use vintage gear emulations only!

Heck maybe I should venture out and use my zoom pocket recorder on the Cicada's and run them through T-Racks.   🤪

• Great Idea 2

3 minutes ago, Peter - IK Multimedia said:

We have a huge database, it takes time to send.  Not 100% sure how it is prioritized/optimized behind the scenes but overall it takes way too long to send to that many while staying safe from spam lists etc.  I did check to make sure nobody broke anything, and thankfully that's not the case :)

As long as you send first to those that buy blindly and will join the GB sooner, no issue with that strategy.

• Like 2
  • Great Idea 2