IK 25th Anniversary Group Buy!

cclarry

10 minutes ago, GroverKen said:

I got MixBox which was a great deal for me. Is it worthwhile getting T-RackS and/or Lurssen Module as well?

I was curious about Lurssen and decided to give it a try last week. It is very simple to use and sounds great. It makes mastering an easy task for non professional wannabe mastering engineer. I compared my master with Lurssen to the same done with Ozone element and found the Lurssen one clearer and more detailed.

I will definitly get it in the GB. It does require a powerful enough machine. On my machine I use it stand alone to minimise glitches, but I still get some crackle once in a while. But my machine is a 5 year old i7.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Fleer said:

Yep. MixBox for quick and good, T-RackS individuals and Lursen for global mastering. 

The question is: T-RackS or T-RackS SE? I got the Sunset Sound Studio Reverb so maybe the non-SE version would suit better as I fancy the Master Match facility. Anyone got experience with that at all?

28 minutes ago, Piotr said:

Interesting is it increasing or decreasing... 🧐

The rate is definitely not increasing at this point. There might be an increase towards the end, as the math becomes clearer for more people (including those waiting to decide on a second/third entry).  Then IK could decide to extend - to get closer to their participation goal and, more importantly, to give potential new customers, who are unfamiliar/unaware of the sale/IK, more time to jump on board. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Jacques Boileau said:

I was curious about Lurssen and decided to give it a try last week. It is very simple to use and sounds great. It makes mastering an easy task for non professional wannabe mastering engineer. I compared my master with Lurssen to the same done with Ozone element and found the Lurssen one clearer and more detailed.

I will definitly get it in the GB. It does require a powerful enough machine. On my machine I use it stand alone to minimise glitches, but I still get some crackle once in a while. But my machine is a 5 year old i7.

Working with a very similar aged i7 here as well and also with Ozone Elements. Interesting to hear your thoughts. Thanks!

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, GroverKen said:

The question is: T-RackS or T-RackS SE? I got the Sunset Sound Studio Reverb so maybe the non-SE version would suit better as I fancy the Master Match facility. Anyone got experience with that at all?

The full monty is absolutely worth it, especially the newer ones (of the last five to six years). 

4 minutes ago, cclarry said:

Yes.....seriously.  You have 90 Days to download your sounds, then the links expire, and if you
want to use them again you have to pay $10

Yes, it works that way but actually you have 180 days and not 90 days to download them

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Mark Stow said:

To confirm, Once we purchase in the custom shop (using gear credits) then this gets us into the group buy at  $199 level correct...

Yes, and when buying Gear Credits at the IK website, be sure to use as many Jam Points (up to 30%) for the purchase as you can, to drop the price even lower!!!

Although, like everyone, I really don't think you should have to pay if you need to re-download. But if it comes down to $7 after jam points, finance wise, it is not really worth it to buy a new hard drive to keep them. Even having it taking up space on your current drive, if you have space, seems unnecessary. How often do you really need to reinstall sound libraries?

• Like 1
  • Great Idea 1

13 minutes ago, Fleer said:

And if I’m not mistaken, that (minus JamPoints) resets all downloads. Still, shouldn’t have to pay anything. IK is one of the only devs charging for downloads. 

Indeed, they should definitively change this business policy and level up to the same Free unlimited re-downloads offered by every other serious brand.

• Like 3
  • Great Idea 1

1 hour ago, husker said:

Wait....Seriously???

yup, for all EU citiziens it is exactly 9.99 EUR plus VAT (minus max 3 jampoints) so after all maths it gives me 8.6 EUR to pay...

Even if they are trying to prevent people to overload their site by downloads the simple question why not appreciate their customers and letting them pay it completely in jampoints ??

Simple like that... I know I know, IK love new customers much more than those who are having already a lot of their products...

The only exception to that is group buy when we can at last feel not worse than starter collectors, even with a little edge in some combinations.

1 hour ago, cclarry said:

Yes.....seriously.  You have 90 Days to download your sounds, then the links expire, and if you
want to use them again you have to pay $10

Before the IK Product Manager, it was a pain, but now, just make sure you back up the installers and sounds files from the download directory before you clear it out.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Piotr said:

Cool :)

Do you have some history and previous shots to prepare a curve showing rate change in time? ;)

Interesting is it increasing or decreasing... 🧐

No, I don't have, I think it was just a temporary, arbitrary state of the mood... as if it was a woman (but not only, according to my recent experience) :D 

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, ALC said:

Before the IK Product Manager, it was a pain, but now, just make sure you back up the installers and sounds files from the download directory before you clear it out.

Another thing to keep in mind … the Windows and Mac installers use different files (zip vs dmg), so if you have both operating systems, make sure you do the installs and backup for both.

Edited by ALC
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, ALC said:

I'm looking forT-RackS recommendations...

yep these EQ73 and 81, I also like their take on the Pultec (EQP-1A), the Bus comp, White 2A and the classics
the reverbs are really useful if you have slots for them
if you feel like you'd use them then don't overlook the leslies
as to the tapes I like 99 the most but most people seem to prefer 24

• Thanks 1