IK 25th Anniversary Group Buy!

cclarry

22 minutes ago, Jacques Boileau said:

MixBox is a bit mysterious to me in the sense that if you have most IK plugins in their TRacks form why would you want them again in the form of MixBox? There is probably something I am missing and need to research this a little more..

In my opinion, MixBox is best inserted as a channel strip to a track. Instantly call up an FX chain preset. So it's a fairly quick and easy way to shape the sound on an instrument. Think of it more like an Amplitube effect for instruments other than guitar, like keys, synths, and samplers. The module controls are simplified to just what you need to work fast. Great for musicians that just want to lay down a track.

T-RackS would be better on a send bus, or for mastering. But you could do either with either, just thinking of workflow here... The controls on T-RackS are more detailed and comprehensive, thus will require more study and understanding. Not really for average musicians writing and recording a song, but more applicable for mixing and mastering.

• Thanks 4

8 minutes ago, cclarry said:

It's an application that you download.   It will come with just about anything you buy

OK.  So I buy $200 in Gear Credits.

I download this thing:

https://www.ikmultimedia.com/products/st4cs/

Somewhere in that application I can put the 200 Gear Credits in and "Buy" Amplitude 5.  It is then registered in my account, and I am eligible for the group buy freebies?

9 minutes ago, husker said:

OK.  So I buy $200 in Gear Credits.

I download this thing:

https://www.ikmultimedia.com/products/st4cs/

Somewhere in that application I can put the 200 Gear Credits in and "Buy" Amplitude 5.  It is then registered in my account, and I am eligible for the group buy freebies?

No, not "that" Custom Shop". That's for SampleTank CS.

This "Custom Shop" => https://www.ikmultimedia.com/products/amplitube5cs/?pkey=amplitube-5-cs

To get to the Custom Shop purchase page, download and run Amplitube 5 CS, then click on the button at the top right labeled "Custom Shop".

Under you user name, you will see a pulldown menu with option to "Redeem Credits Code". This is where you put the 20 digit code from the IK store to redeem your GC. Then you can buy anything in the CS up to the amounts of GC you have available. Confusing, right!

Edited by abacab

9 minutes ago, husker said:

Perhaps I'll just keep my money.

That's what you think! But whether you realize it or not, you have already been bitten by the GAS bug.

So you will spend money whether you want to or not! Resistance is futile! 🤣

• Haha 1

19 minutes ago, abacab said:

In my opinion, MixBox is best inserted as a channel strip to a track. Instantly call up an FX chain preset. So it's a fairly quick and easy way to shape the sound on an instrument. Think of it more like an Amplitube effect for instruments other than guitar, like keys, synths, and samplers. The module controls are simplified to just what you need to work fast. Great for musicians that just want to lay down a track.

T-RackS would be better on a send bus, or for mastering. But you could do either with either, just thinking of workflow here... The controls on T-RackS are more detailed and comprehensive, thus will require more study and understanding. Not really for average musicians writing and recording a song, but more applicable for mixing and mastering.

I agree with the above . I think it all depends how you use tracks. Do you need or care about the advanced settings or are you happy to have a little stripped down  controls and be able to pile them up endlessly. 

I think If you try out some of the effects in syntronic, you will get an idea of how mixbox is. 

• Thanks 1
  • Great Idea 2

Just now, telecode 101 said:

I agree with the above . I think it all depends how you use tracks. Do you need or care about the advanced settings or are you happy to have a little stripped down  controls and be able to pile them up endlessly. 

I think If you try out some of the effects in syntronic, you will get an idea of how mixbox is. 

I have both, and I believe that each can serve a useful purpose without too much overlap.

2 minutes ago, abacab said:

That's what you think! But whether you realize it or not, you have already been bitten by the GAS bug.

So you will spend money whether you want to or not! Resistance is futile! 🤣

Welcome!  You will always have a place among the GAS. Look I see a nice spot on the Orange couch from the seventy's era :D 

2 hours ago, husker said:

I correct my previous statement.  IK is not confusing, it is really  confusing.  Perhaps I'll just keep my money.

Thank you all for your help and replies!

That's true. They're ridiculously confused with their product lines, so stubborn to admit it and fix it (ignoring countless opinions). In addition, you have to pay 10 EUR to download the sample libraries you bought if you lost them and a few months after the purchase ...

But...

At the same time they have very good quality stuff (even if they are a bit too worn and buggy) and this sale is one of the best opportunities to get so many very versatile goods for work / play. Also compared to the competition. Therefore, I believe that it is worth forgiving them for some problems with the offers of mastering products. Some guys are great at understanding customer amenities while others take more time to learn or insist on knowing what is easier and more enjoyable for customers than themselves.

But we can still be their friends ;)

Edited by Piotr
  • Like 3

Just now, Sander Verstraten said:

So.. 

If I get someone in the US to buy me 200 gear credits, can I use the code in my EU account? Or will I just get 160 if I register them there? 

I would believe 200 credits is 200 credits.  You'd be bypassing VAT on the actual purchase (the Gear Credits)
and there should be no VAT on the Credit Purchase, as you've already (supposedly) paid VAT on THAT,
said the Cat...in the Hat..he knows a LOT...about THAT!

• Great Idea 1
  • Haha 2

41 minutes ago, kevin H said:

West 4th street, downtown NY…ask for Peter…don’t look him in the eye, just put your money down…

Down by Washington Square Park.  Been there plenty, I'm OK with that location.  I'll post my schedule soon.

4 minutes ago, Sander Verstraten said:

So.. 

If I get someone in the US to buy me 200 gear credits, can I use the code in my EU account? Or will I just get 160 if I register them there? 

When you purchase Gear Credits they are put into your account directly.