IK 25th Anniversary Group Buy (Continued)

marlowg01

28 minutes ago, Anxiousmofo said:

Considering a third buy-in on some Sampletank instrument I don’t care about (have everything I really would have wanted) to scoop a bunch of the Amplitube amps and pedals that have been added as potential freebies. Hmmmmm. 

My exact situation...3rd time's a charm?  😁

Edited by Billy
  • Haha 2

@Peter - IK Multimedia I have everything Amplitube has to offer except 11 pedals and 2 amps. Would it be worth buying a t-racks processor that I already have that came with T-Racks, to pick up the remaining AT gear? I assume they could all be had at the $50 level. I could pick up a processor that was included with AT when I bought it. Thanks.

Items left: Replica, Moller, Mudhoney, Pinnacle Deluxe, Power Grid, Contour Wah, Nu-Tron III, Nirvana, Seek Trem, Seek Wah, Shape Shifter and

JCA100H and JCA20H

Edited by bluzdog

3 minutes ago, bluzdog said:

I have everything Amplitube has to offer except 11 pedals, 2 amps and X-gear. Would it be worth buying a t-racks processor that I already have ( I have all things T-Racks as well), to pick up the remaining AT gear? I assume they could all be had at the $50 level. I could pick up a processor that was included with AT when I bought it. I'll be picking up 3 of the X-boxes when we hit the last tier ( I'm still deciding which one to skip). 

I think the x-gear are 129.99 each. 

Question for someone that has done multiple Group Buys, are your purchases cumulative?   I bought the Mastering EQ for $124.00 but there are a few things I want to pickup at the $150 level.    If I make another say $50 purchase does that get tacked on to the $124.00 I already have or do I have to make another $150 purchase to get there?   Thx,

Regards

50 minutes ago, markno999 said:

are your purchases cumulative? 

Not cumulative in price. If you want something at the $150 level you have to purchase something else at the $150 level.

They are "cumulative in quantity". If you buy something at $124 and something else at $50 you'll get 23 free selections at $124 or less plus 23 free selections at $50 or less (maybe 24 by the time you read this)

Edited by Eusebio Rufian-Zilbermann
  • Thanks 1

54 minutes ago, markno999 said:

Question for someone that has done multiple Group Buys, are your purchases cumulative?  

No.  It's per item vs per purchase.

From IKM web page: https://www.ikmultimedia.com/25gb/

"Free products must be of equal or lesser value than the purchased item"

Just buy something at the $150 level and get the Mastering EQ as one of your freebies.

Edited by TheSteven
  • Thanks 1

12 hours ago, Brian Walton said:

I went to guitar center for the first time in at least 5 years to do the 4th GB buy in thanks to the hardware addition.  The kiosk at the front of the store was basically all IKM products, I was shocked to see this.  But the stunned look on my face only continued as I brought up the group buy to the sales associates of which none of them had a clue what I was talking about.

If I worked there you can be certain I'd be selling that stuff like hot cakes with the promise of buy this and get a whole mess of software for free.  I realize GC associates get a bad rap, but this makes me wonder how information is being provided at the corporate level.  

Point being I agree 25k should have been hit a long time ago but seems like all the available spread the word channels were perhaps underperforming.  

We've provided all of the appropriate information multiple times to all dealers and explained clearly how they could do REALLY well pushing this.  Apparently it is not getting filtered down to all store associates apparently.  I will bump our dealer reps here again.

10 hours ago, Doug Rintoul said:

So the KVR IKM group buy page has finally reached 169 pages which is where the originals Deals IKM group buy thread was frozen. Is it legit to add the pages from this thread to the original thread? I say it is.

Yes, I'm on board with this as being 100% legit :)

7 hours ago, Pseudopop said:

Slightly stupid question to EU residents or @Peter - IK Multimedia: Is VAT added to the prices when using gear credits in the Custom Shop? I would guess not because to my knowledge there isn't such a thing as half a credit and I already pay VAT when I buy the gear credits. Right?

VAT is added when you purchase the Gear Credits, not to the price of the gear in Gear Credits when you use them.  We'd rather not collection government tax from you the first time, let alone twice.

4 hours ago, Fleer said:

Or as freebies.
Yes! Yes! Yes!

Not going to happen.  No TASCAM in this group buy.

4 hours ago, telecode 101 said:

I think a lot of the stuff that is in AT 5 Max that is not in AT 5 is included.  I have been picking up various amps and effects from AT 5 Max. I think I just have the ENGL's left. I am waiting to see if IKM will add any other items into the selection before I use them up.

There are no plans to add any more items.  We're in the final lap here, it has been extended twice already, and we will not be extending it again.

1 hour ago, Anxiousmofo said:

I think the x-gear are 129.99 each. 

149.99 each.

25 minutes ago, Sander Verstraten said:

Once we hit 25k. Are they going to add more tiers? 

No.

8 minutes ago, InstrEd said:

If you like something from IK now is the time to pony up 😁

Absolutely.  This is it, folks.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 4

3 hours ago, chris.r said:

from the GB FAQ:

WHAT PRODUCTS CAN I CHOOSE FOR MY FREE ONES?
You can choose any software product in the “Qualifying Products” section above of equal or lesser value than the product you registered. This excludes hardware products. ARC System 3 is available as a free product only as the "Software Only" version.

In addition a few products are marked as "Not selectable as a free product for 25 Anniversary Group Buy promotion." like the Electromagnetik and Cinekinetik bundles.

Yes, but I don't see the X-pedals on that list, for example. Are there any other "secret" products that are available as a freebie?

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Brian Walton said:

I went to guitar center for the first time in at least 5 years to do the 4th GB buy in thanks to the hardware addition.  The kiosk at the front of the store was basically all IKM products . . . .

After the addition of the hardware, I called my local GC over the spans of 4-5 days at different times of the day to see if they had any IKM products in stock.  No one ever answered the phone and there was no automatic answering system.  The website did not say they were closed, but maybe they only have kiosks in lieu of staff? 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, User 905133 said:

After the addition of the hardware, I called my local GC over the spans of 4-5 days at different times of the day to see if they had any IKM products in stock.  No one ever answered the phone and there was no automatic answering system.  The website did not say they were closed, but maybe they only have kiosks in lieu of staff? 

I was there obviously mid week, mid day and saw no less than 6 staff members, and I might have been the only customer.  No clue how they are still in business.  The IKM filled checkout counter (both in display cases and on the wall pegs) used to host a plethora of mics and recording interfaces by numerious brands.  

(BTW, the website should tell you if something is avaialbe for pickup at a particular location.  No need to deal with the call in hassle, just order online and wait for confirmation the item is ready to pickup).

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Doug Rintoul said:

442. I predict lift off in 26 hours.

I am gonna be sad when its over. It was a good 2 months of fun.

giphy.gif

I would also like to send out kudos to IKM and Peter. I think this was an amazing group buy and a great thing to do for people during the COVID pandemic. It gives people inspiration and something to enjoy and have fun with at home at a very decent and reasonable price point.

• Like 4