Morten Saether

2020.09 Feedback

35 minutes ago, fonolit said:

Bug report: 

In Markers view, the "lock" symbols do not appear in the "Lk" column  when the marker is locked.

It does for me.

0schvsn.png

I see that you posted an identical issue in the 2020.01 Feedback thread, so it might be something specific to you PC or perhaps a faulty theme issue. Unless you have Mercury or Tungsten selected, switch to one of those and see if that solves the problem. The padlock icon is otherwise found in the Theme Editor under the node Theme > Markers View > Marker Lock Indicator.

A few other peculiarities with the latest update I don't see listed:

- Beginning of fade on specific clips in takes does not start at the beginning of the clip if going back and forth.

- If adding audio track, saving screensets and then deleting audio tracks (to 0 present) you can no longer change screenset.

On 9/17/2020 at 11:20 AM, Canopus said:

It does for me.

0schvsn.png

I see that you posted an identical issue in the 2020.01 Feedback thread, so it might be something specific to you PC or perhaps a faulty theme issue. Unless you have Mercury or Tungsten selected, switch to one of those and see if that solves the problem. The padlock icon is otherwise found in the Theme Editor under the node Theme > Markers View > Marker Lock Indicator.

Ah, thanks, you helped me!

You are right, the lock symbol works in Tungsten and Mercury. It does not work under Blue Aston, which I use. So now I used Theme Editor to fix that manually for Blue Aston. Thanks for the tip!

(Yes, I posted it before. It was then fixed for Tungsten in 2020.04 (it is noted in Release Notes) and (I am not 100% sure but I think) it worked also in Blue Aston until last update.)

On 9/19/2020 at 2:16 PM, fonolit said:

You are right, the lock symbol works in Tungsten and Mercury. It does not work under Blue Aston, which I use. So now I used Theme Editor to fix that manually for Blue Aston. Thanks for the tip!

(Yes, I posted it before. It was then fixed for Tungsten in 2020.04 (it is noted in Release Notes) and (I am not 100% sure but I think) it worked also in Blue Aston until last update.)

Huh. I just checked one of my custom themes, and the Lock symbol isn't showing up there either! I've checked the theme in the editor and there is no obvious reason why the lock image wouldn't be visible. My theme does not have a custom image overriding the default.

If I edit my theme so that it does supply a custom image, and save the theme, the lock symbol now shows up in Cakewalk.

Now I have a theory that custom themes that were created prior to the 2020.04 update; and that did not specify a custom image for the lock symbol; will demonstrate the same issue....

I happen to have another custom theme that meets this criteria, and, yes, it exhibits the same issue.

UPDATE

We can't say we weren't warned - Morten posted about changes in 2020.04 and it included the Markers view change, and somehow I completely missed that specific thing.

SECOND UPDATE

The bug fix in 2020.04 has created a related issue in that themes created from Mercury no longer show the marker lock indicator (unless a custom image has been provided for it). I have submitted a bug report about this.

Edited by Colin Nicholls

Version 2020.09 is an unusable crash-fest for me. (Windows 8.1 Pro x64).

Just trying to do a simple mix with 16 audio tracks and only low cpu channel strips, EQs and comps resulted in several Audio Engine stoppages and 3 Cakewalk crashes (crash dump file attached) in the space of about 10 minutes.

Uninstalling 2020.09 and rolling back to 2020.08 fixed the issue perfectly and I was able to work on the mix without any issues at all.

crash_dump_09192020_223948.dmp

11 minutes ago, RockinMillie said:

Version 2020.09 is an unusable crash-fest for me. (Windows 8.1 Pro x64).

Just trying to do a simple mix with 16 audio tracks and only low cpu channel strips, EQs and comps resulted in several Audio Engine stoppages and 3 Cakewalk crashes (crash dump file attached) in the space of about 10 minutes.

Uninstalling 2020.09 and rolling back to 2020.08 fixed the issue perfectly and I was able to work on the mix without any issues at all.

crash_dump_09192020_223948.dmp 1.49 MB · 0 downloads

According to the dump, the crash is in the ice9 plugin.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, msmcleod said:

According to the dump, the crash is in the ice9 plugin.

Which doesn't cause any problems at all in 2020.08 😉

Cerberus Ice9 is a soft auto mute plug which sits at the very end of the master bus signal chain. It's saved my hearing on many occasions. It didn't activate in either mixing session (2020.09 or 2020.08) as I always mix with plenty of headroom, so I'm not sure why it would cause version 2020.09 to crash ...

Thanks for the crash dump decode though.

Edited by RockinMillie

[comment moved to the UI thread as the "issue" is not really related to the 2020.09 release]

Edited by User 905133
to move the comment to a more appropriate thread