© 2019 By Ed Kocol & Daryl Greenway

Vocals - Danny Diaz
Organ, Backing Vocals - Daryl Greenway
Bass, Guitar Arrangement - Ed Kocol
Lead Guitar - Randy "X-Ray" Root
Drums - Hugo Ribeiro

Edited by Bapu
  • Like 3

Very cool rocking track guys!! Enjoyed listening 2x and everything translated nicely on H-phones. Not sure if it's listening through my phone/headphones, but the drums seemed less brighter (snare) during the guitar solo. Will listen again at home on a better system and see. Good job on the performances and a very clean/clear mix/production.

9 minutes ago, David Sprouse said:

Was that your alembic? :D:D Good to see Bapu hasn't fallen off the edge of the earth.   Sound's like early 80's rock .  Are those live drums? sound great.

David, That was my recently acquired 1971 Gibson EB3.

80s rocker is what we were going for.

Yep, live drums by a live drummer.

Ya, it does have that '80's sound.  Terrific performance and production.  The guitars (bass and 6 strings) really carry the song and the vocals are excellent  --- but --- the live drums are the icing on the cake.  It has been a while since we heard something from y'all and I'm glad that your back.  Keep 'em coming Bapu!

Well done CHC!
Great vocal Danny.
Maybe its the Bose cans, but if I'm honest (and when am I not) its a bit bass heavy, like I'm listening to the bass players tracking mix; just me...
Overall AAA+

Tom

ps: I would be remiss if I didn't mentioned the most excellent drumming. All the performances were top shelf!

On 11/6/2019 at 10:01 AM, Mesh said:

Very cool rocking track guys!! Enjoyed listening 2x and everything translated nicely on H-phones. Not sure if it's listening through my phone/headphones, but the drums seemed less brighter (snare) during the guitar solo. Will listen again at home on a better system and see. Good job on the performances and a very clean/clear mix/production.

Thankee Sai

Neat song, catchy chorus hook, killer drums, good lyrics, and the guitars are a treat. It's really hooky, still hear that chorus in my earwormhole!

When the vocal is doubletracked , I'm hearing something in the upper mids that pokes through a little too much. Might be worth a look. He has a good voice actually, just hearing something strident in the vocal that could be knocked down easily with eq. That Soothe plugin, if you have it, would do the trick.

That niggle aside, excellent job one and all!

cheers,

-Tom

Edited by emeraldsoul

HOLY MOLEY!!! Don't pay the ransom, my buddy Bapsi is back on the forum!😀👍

Dynamite job on this very cool rocker, Ed!  Everybody really did a super job on the instrumental performances, I really liked the keyboards at around 1:07 and 2:08, the vocals were really well done, and I loved the guitar solo work.  Your well constructed bass lines sounded great and fit perfectly with Hugo's classy drum work, and the mix sounds clean and punchy.👍

Really nice work, Ed, and seriously, it's great to see you back around and posting again!  And, if you happen to speak to my friend James G, please give him my regards and tell him that I said hello!😀

Have a good one, buddy!
Bob

On 11/6/2019 at 10:18 AM, daryl1968 said:

Nice playing and great job on the mix mate - this one seems like a long time coming but it's come out really well

You did a great job with your oran and backing vocal as well as co-writing this little ditty (or was it a P-Diddy?).

• Like 1