[CLOSED] Cakewalk 2024.02 Early Access

We're pleased to announce Early Access of 2024.02! This release is primarily a maintenance release that includes a few bug fixes.  It also adds compatibility for the new Cakewalk Product Center application.

Please note:

CbB will eventually be discontinued as future development and support will transition to the upcoming Cakewalk Sonar release. If you wish to continue to use CbB, you must update to the 2024.02 version when it is released to the public. Earlier versions will cease to activate in the future.

Please note that Early Access installers are update installers, which only update from a specific version. To install the 2024.02 Early Access build, you must be on the latest public release of 2023.09 or later. 

Download Cakewalk 2024.02 EA installer

There is no rollback installer for this version.

If you haven't already done so, please read about the Early Access Program before participating.

Please keep responses specific to problems or comments on this release. Unrelated bugs or feature requests should be posted in other threads or the feature request channel.

Thanks again for your participation!
The Bakers

New Cakewalk Product Center

The new Cakewalk Product Center application has been released. This app will be the central portal to install and manage all future Cakewalk products going forward. CbB has now been updated to work with this app and offline activation for Cakewalk is now available once more by using Product Center.

Click the link below to read more about Cakewalk Product Center.

Updated to 29.09.0.096

This build contains the following improvements:

• CbB has been changed to work with the new Cakewalk Product Center
  • Offline activation is now available via Product Center
  • The Sonar promotional window should not appear when running CbB offline at this time
  • Updates for Sonar promotional window content
  • Fixed problems with unresponsive Sonar promotional window 
  • Fixes for analytics and app startup
  • Fixes for in-app updates

If you have encountered any of these issues, please check out this release and confirm that your issue is resolved before we release the official public version.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 5

• Morten Saether changed the title to Cakewalk 2024.02 Early Access

I downloaded and installed Center. In it I commanded the download of Add-ons that did not appear as installed for me, even though they were.
I commanded the installation and, even after the installation was completed, CENTER continued to show the image below.

Another question I have is the possibility of installing the Theme Editor, as in previous topics I understood that, for the new version of Cakewalk, it will no longer be possible to use the Theme Editor.

23 minutes ago, Milton Sica said:

Another question I have is the possibility of installing the Theme Editor, as in previous topics I understood that, for the new version of Cakewalk, it will no longer be possible to use the Theme Editor.

Depends on what you mean by Cakewalk. The current Theme Editor will work with any version of CbB, but it won’t work with Sonar.

• Thanks 1

In the announcement text at the top of the thread, this is said: "If you wish to continue to use CbB"  - Do you mean "If you wish to continue to use CbB till death do us part? - That would make me and I suspect a lot of others very vary happy.

Edited by bitman
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, bitman said:

In the announcement text at the top of the thread, this is said: "If you wish to continue to use CbB"  - Do you mean "If you wish to continue to use CbB till death do us part? - That would make me and I suspect a lot of others very vary happy.

It refers to using it in the short term. Cbb will be available for some time to give users time to transition to Sonar which will be the only product supported going forward.

I think we've all learned that lifetime messaging can be ambiguous right? 😉

The bigger question to me is why anyone serious about using our products want to use an old unsupported product, when a much better (and affordable) version is made available. If you want to see this product developed further, it's only fair that we ask for you to support us in turn. I don't think anyone expected that cbb would be indefinitely free forever.  In the future there may be a free version (with some limitations) however.

• Like 13
  • Thanks 2

6 hours ago, flangad said:

good news! i hope this can solve my activation issue!

What activation issue?

In my experience, if you cannot sign in at all using the standard web based auth then that is caused by some system side incompatibility with traffic being blocked from the browser to the app.

For such cases there is an alternate sign in mechanism using password flow that uses an in-app sign in process.

• Thanks 1

@Noel Borthwick  

Thanks for the update and the clarification of the future of CbB. I’ve been trying to tell people exactly this but for some reason people seem to take it as a slap in the face as opposed to being the good news that it is. 
And I guess some are worrying about cost.
I posted the pricing from the old Sonar compare versions page to demonstrate a possible pricing for the new Sonar. This includes Home Studio for $49.  
I got no reaction. It’s really just a few people who are negative about the company. 

And thanks for taking the time to fix the minor issues with activation and the splash screen as it was making the forum a very negative environment. 

You might be loosing a few impatient users due to Sonar taking longer to release than was originally expected. I think the majority of us would rather you take your time and get it right. 

We still have CbB and if this takes 6 more months then why would it matter. CbB is absolutely the best DAW for all us long time users and I personally couldn’t ever go backwards. 

The longer it takes the more time people have to save up. If you had put a dollar a day aside since last June you would now have $245 towards Sonar saved up. 

Edited by John Vere
  • Like 5

3 hours ago, Noel Borthwick said:

why anyone serious about using our products want to use an old unsupported product, when a much better

Because you asked: the ability to theme CbB is a very strong reason why I am still using it today. I have two themes I use and neither of them are Tungsten or Mercury. I'll wait and see what the future holds for theming Sonar before giving a final answer, of course 🙂

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Colin Nicholls said:

Because you asked: the ability to theme CbB is a very strong reason why I am still using it today. I have two themes I use and neither of them are Tungsten or Mercury. I'll wait and see what the future holds for theming Sonar before giving a final answer, of course 🙂

same here.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Colin Nicholls said:

Related to this, the ability to tweak and redesign elements (both images and colors/color combinations) can really help individuals with accessibility issues.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Noel Borthwick said:

The bigger question to me is why anyone serious about using our products want to use an old unsupported product, when a much better (and affordable) version is made available. If you want to see this product developed further, it's only fair that we ask for you to support us in turn. I don't think anyone expected that cbb would be indefinitely free forever.  In the future there may be a free version (with some limitations) however.

Because they won't be able to install the new version on their pc even if they wanted to ?

Also, until fairly recently I think it's fair to say that the impression was very much given that users would never be locked out of their older projects- that even if the program/company ceased to exist - something would be done to ensure that scenario wouldn't happen. That doesn't seem to be the case any more so if some people are now feeling a bit nervous about being a Cakewalk user all over again then I can understand that.

• Like 6