[CLOSED] Cakewalk 2024.02 Early Access

9 hours ago, Starship Krupa said:

Rhetorical question, probably, but I think I can at least speculate.

Pricing: users don't know what is meant by "affordable." Affordable relative to what? Will there be a subscription option? If so, how will the cost of updates be handled for people who choose a perpetual license over the subscription? All of these questions are still up in the air.

The "much better" is well earned, but pricing and licensing is still a mystery, and we know that it's still being worked out and you can't make any guarantees. Everyone has to trust that you're industry veterans and smart cookies who know where Sonar fits in the marketplace and what you should charge for it.

Another element might be residual uncertainty about investing time and effort into a freeware DAW. Cakewalk by BandLab has been too good to be true for 6 years now. Many adopters wondering what the catch was, maybe thinking aha, here's where they get us.

Lastly, the people who use CbB LOVE CbB. Maybe they're not as sure they'll love Sonar as much.🥰

Another point for me is the threat with the re-authorization. If it goes on that way, I am not sure if I will proceed, because you never know how long the company allows re-authorization for a specific version and I hate to be forced to buy/use a new version in any case (don't know if I will like it, can afford it in the future), even if the first version of the new Sonar complies with my requests. Almost all other companies allow the authorization/usage of older versions for infinite time!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

10 hours ago, Starship Krupa said:

Rhetorical question, probably, but I think I can at least speculate.

Pricing: users don't know what is meant by "affordable." Affordable relative to what? Will there be a subscription option? If so, how will the cost of updates be handled for people who choose a perpetual license over the subscription? All of these questions are still up in the air.

The "much better" is well earned, but pricing and licensing is still a mystery, and we know that it's still being worked out and you can't make any guarantees. Everyone has to trust that you're industry veterans and smart cookies who know where Sonar fits in the marketplace and what you should charge for it.

Another element might be residual uncertainty about investing time and effort into a freeware DAW. Cakewalk by BandLab has been too good to be true for 6 years now. Many adopters wondering what the catch was, maybe thinking aha, here's where they get us.

Lastly, the people who use CbB LOVE CbB. Maybe they're not as sure they'll love Sonar as much.🥰

they're clearly avoiding timing and pricing questions right now 🤷‍♀️

• Haha 1

@Noel Borthwick Problem solved with 29.09.0.093. Thanks!

Meanwhile I see that now there is also a 29.09.0.096 update, I tested also this latest EA update and all is still ok! So I think there are no evident problems for offline users with latest EA updates. Thanks again.

Edited by Ronny.G
Update for 29.09.0.096 release
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

This will be the first product I’ve own (I got it for free a couple of years back) that I have to stop using it because the company stopped making it. Maybe one where consumables were no longer available but this a first.

We stopped making the Corvette so stop driving yours. 

😉

22 minutes ago, Terry Kelley said:

This will be the first product I’ve own (I got it for free a couple of years back) that I have to stop using it because the company stopped making it. Maybe one where consumables were no longer available but this a first.

We stopped making the Corvette so stop driving yours. 

😉

Whut?

• Like 1