What are the deals you really want to see?

Magic Russ

Always hold out hope for 50% off Plasmonic. No luck yet. 

Holding my breath for a sub-$50 Novum or Kult.  

Would have  been interested in a better V-Collection upgrade offer. Seems that is not in the cards. 

Any no-brainer-grade Melda bundle upgrade offer would definitely get my attention. 

A deep Tomofon sale might get me too. 

I also want a pony. A free one.

9 hours ago, Magic Russ said:

I'd like to find the plugin that can make my modest acoustic with a sound hold pickup sound like a well mic'd guitar in a room at a no-brainer price.

Nembrini's Acoustic Voice requires a piezo pickup - it's Martin emulation sounds good. I converted an all acoustic Takamine Jade (budget line they produce) to acoustic electric using a JOYO JE-307 I bought on Amazon for $24. I'm going to try it with Acoustic Voice at some point. 

Blue Cat also has a guitar body/pickup emulator that includes acoustics. 

10 hours ago, Magic Russ said:

I'd like to find the plugin that can make my modest acoustic with a sound hold pickup sound like a well mic'd guitar in a room at a no-brainer price.

36 minutes ago, Doug Steinschneider said:

Nembrini's Acoustic Voice requires a piezo pickup - it's Martin emulation sounds good. I converted an all acoustic Takamine Jade (budget line they produce) to acoustic electric using a JOYO JE-307 I bought on Amazon for $24. I'm going to try it with Acoustic Voice at some point. 

Blue Cat also has a guitar body/pickup emulator that includes acoustics. 

Actually, all you need is an IR loader and the right IR.  Here's a site with free acoustic IRs: http://acousticir.free.fr/ ... you'll want to find an IR that matches the pickup type.

Following the guitar IR, you could chain compression, EQ, modulation (e.g. chorus), delay, and a room reverb.

That's pretty much what Nembrini's Acoustic Voice is doing but doing it in a single plugin.

For a free IR loader, I'd suggest MConvolutionEZ.

Edited by ALC
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, audioschmaudio said:

Zebra 2 second hand is an option too, but I haven't seen a good offer yet 

You probably know this, but it would be a better option because it gives you Zebra Legacy for free* AND an upgrade path* to Zebra3 (for about €30 if I recall correctly). That's something to take into account when considering the price. I managed to buy Zebra2 in last July, so they are out there if you have the patience (and luck).

* if it was originally purchased before November 2022, but I don't think it was sold after that anymore.

Just now, audioschmaudio said:

@pseudopop yes, I know, but I'm not sure if the free upgrade to Legacy is also true for people who got the license second hand. Because technically it means that I did purchase it after November 2022.

According to u-he's customer support it applies to second hand licenses also, or at least to the one I purchased.

• Thanks 1

I need some multiples of McDsp stuff.  

And an APB at 50% off would be schweet.  Hey- a boy can dream.  

Some Accentize stuff.

Some UHE stuff. 

Some Kilohertz stuff.

Audiomovers Binaural Renderer.  

A path to the UAD Capital Comp.

Antares multiples.  

Maybe some Schwabe digital.  

A free Waves plug in that I’ll never use.  

And if Serum2, or Altiverb8mmersive drops, I wouldn’t be mad at an upgrade path.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Cableguys full shapperbox 3         -  79€

Output bundle (whats missing)   - 124€

UVI Augmented orchestra.            - 149€

Klevgrand BF Synth Bundle.           -  79€

Ableton Live 12 upgrade.                - 159€

Cinesamples Musio 1.                        - 299€

Kidney.                                                        2000€

BF budget.                                               1.111€

Plenty of money to spend… Hey Kilohearts? Neural DSP?? What are you waiting for???

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, Pragi said:

I'm searching for deals related to

NI Session Horns UG to SessionHorns Pro

But this never happens.

And

Isotope Ozone Elements  UG to Ozone Standard.

I'm pretty sure that I stumbled across someone trying to sell the NI Session Horns Upgrade to Pro when I was doing searches at the unfortunately-named KnobCloud a couple of weeks ago. If you're not familiar with the site, it was created by a forum member from VI Control as a place where people can resell their sample libraries and plugins (in the cases where the developers permit it). I've found that people sell NI libraries for a small fraction of their list prices there. I've only done one purchase and it was Abbey Road Modern Drummer, and I bought it a couple of weeks ago, and paid around $21 USD, which is less than half of the lowest price I've ever seen NI sell it for. Everything went smoothly (I bought it from a seller with a lot of transactions with a top review rating). I think Izotope allows resale, so you might want to check search on that there too. 

• Thanks 1

I'm pretty happy with the sound of my Neo Soul Keys Studio, except historically, this developer had a bad habit of remotely deauthorizing my software without notice. And it didn't happen just once. So I promised to myself, should that happen to my NSK Studio, the next minute I will literally open Scarbee website and start looking for a sale on his EP 88. So today I launched my NSK Studio and straight out of the blue, there is my NSK Studio main view dimmed out and a pop-up window asking for an activation serial. Now imagine that would happen right before a gig 😱. So that was it. My 'to buy' list I'm gonna open with Sca... oh, bear with me...

<1 minute later>

NVM! Just bought the Scarbee, wishlist fulfilled :D 

Now onto the... what 'tines' was it? Oh yeah, Vtines!

I am like last year not wanting anything special, nor can afford it if I saw it come up. I have gotten my bass (electrical issue, which is fixed and back) and Les Paul (needed the lot) fixed, so emptied my pockets quite a bit more than I hoped...

Not complaining, as I feel I have what I need (even if not all I want) this year.

All the best.

• Great Idea 1