T-Racks Make Your Own Bundles

cclarry

15 hours ago, Bruno de Souza Lino said:

At least you didn't have Syntronik 2 added to your account, never installed it once, then came to discover you can't use it because the sounds downloads expired and that confuses you because the first version didn't have this BS.

I got confused with Modo Drums 1.5 CS being added to my account free of charge when the 1.5 update came out, without a way of re-downloading sounds free of charge as they have already expired. Then I have read some people reported that after installing the update they found out that the sounds were gone from disk. So I still didn't update, just in case to avoid getting into this troube. Maybe someone could confirm that a simple install of the 1.5 update over the existing version doesn't clear out the samples anymore?

Edited by chris.r
  • Like 1

Like many I always ask myself the same question, in the short or the long because these mega companies always have to profit (Customer pay again for the downloads) with the great customers that we were and we are the ones who support the growth of these mega companies today, it is unfortunate from every point of view the terrible post-sale groping and not to mention the lack of respect to the customer to have a bad support when they leave us forgotten and one has to insist to be attended as appropriate, IKM, Waves with the perpetual or non-perpetual licenses, and so many others today giant of the industry that instead of supporting us by facilitating things they profit with disadvantages for the customer, UNFORTUNATE!

2 hours ago, Peter - IK Multimedia said:

We did not state that MAX v2 bundles were updates to the audio engine.  They are updated bundles with all of the currently available gear in them.

Man, IK Multimedia are the Kings of "one step forward, 2 steps back".  I really love some of your stuff, and I get excited when I see new stuff from you,  but every product rollout you do is just a confusing mess.  To me (and I'd assume pretty much everyone else here) v2 means Version 2, which would indicate that it's an update to the software itself and not just additional bundled content.  Don't get me wrong, I do appreciate the added content, but it's very misleading to customers.  

Peter, I know you do your best, and we all appreciate your presence, but have you brought it up to the powers that be that every time something new comes out you need to spend weeks on forums clarifying the information that should have been crystal clear from the launch? 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Peter - IK Multimedia said:

We did not state that MAX v2 bundles were updates to the audio engine.  They are updated bundles with all of the currently available gear in them.

I guess I will have to yell because several times I quoted from the IK website:

T-RackS 5 v2 has evolved into the most powerful mix and master modular system ever, offering maximum processing versatility, an improved audio engine and up to 53 high-quality modules in T-RackS 5 MAX v2. It’s everything you need to professionally treat and finalize your audio from raw mixes to a perfect finished product ready for uploading to the leading digital delivery and streaming services or for CD printing.

[even more emphasis added because . . .  well, because posting in normal text doesn't seem to be communicating properly. ]

Wait a sec.  Maybe you did read it and changed the website?  

UPDATE: Maybe the T-RackS webpages have been updated?  If so, that does not mean that you didn't say what I quoted!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

To be clear, since the IKM website had (and still has) the statement that I quoted, this:

3 hours ago, Peter - IK Multimedia said:

We did not state that MAX v2 bundles were updates to the audio engine.  

is disingenuous.  Technically you [IK] did not say those specific words, but the webpage did say and still says:

T-RackS 5 v2 has evolved into the most powerful mix and master modular system ever, offering maximum processing versatility, an improved audio engine and up to 53 high-quality modules in T-RackS 5 MAX v2. It’s everything you need to professionally treat and finalize your audio from raw mixes to a perfect finished product ready for uploading to the leading digital delivery and streaming services or for CD printing.

Edited by User 905133
updates after quadruple checking IK's website

2 hours ago, Magic Russ said:

Other than the PortaStudio model sounds a little harsh and tinny on the cymbals and hats, I am not hearing a huge difference between the dry and processed sounds.  Am I missing something or are these really that subtle?

I think the original IK tapes were really subtle, but it's easier for my ears to hear the difference made by the teac/tascam ones . You do need to drive the input a bit to hear what's going on IMO. I find that I don't notice much when I add tape, but miss it when I take it off!

13 hours ago, Magic Russ said:

Other than the PortaStudio model sounds a little harsh and tinny on the cymbals and hats, I am not hearing a huge difference between the dry and processed sounds.  Am I missing something or are these really that subtle?

IIRC, these tapes plugins you really need to  tinker with the input and output knobs to get the results you are looking for. but yeah, they are supposed to be subtle. its hard to get an idea how people are using them. I was always under the impression, because they are so heavy on CPU, they are bus plugins and you are supposed to feed them multiple instruments. But then I am also seeing posts of people using an instance on each insert. So really hard to tell.  Just curious, what sort of music are people making which makes the these TASCAM plugins appealing? Are you making lofi or hiphop?

I make whatever comes together when I sit at the computer.  That does include lofi but not so much hip hop.

For my lofi though I mostly put XLN's RC-20 on it.  I'm really only asking about these tape sims because if I go with the 5 plugin bundle to get the 3 I want, that leaves two of the TEAC bundle for me to decide on.

2 hours ago, Magic Russ said:

I make whatever comes together when I sit at the computer.  That does include lofi but not so much hip hop.

For my lofi though I mostly put XLN's RC-20 on it.  I'm really only asking about these tape sims because if I go with the 5 plugin bundle to get the 3 I want, that leaves two of the TEAC bundle for me to decide on.

I wish I could offer an opinion. But truth is, i haven't used them enough to have an opinion. I use the other tapes more often.

@Peter - IK Multimedia but something to consider for the IKM marketing folks.^^  Perhaps get someone to do an in depth video on how to use these and what to do with them. 😉

7 hours ago, telecode 101 said:

its hard to get an idea how people are using them. I was always under the impression, because they are so heavy on CPU, they are bus plugins and you are supposed to feed them multiple instruments.

For lighter tape plugins, e.g. Overloud Tapedesk, I'll put one on each track/bus as the last plugin.

For the IK ones, I'll just put one instance on the main bus as a finishing effect - usually after compression and EQ, but before the limiter.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, antler said:

For lighter tape plugins

CWbBL has tape emulation built into each track. Works as expected and is very light on cpu. And it comes with several tape options.

Page 1119 of the reference manual explains all the features.

Edited by Grem
  • Like 3

On 5/12/2023 at 1:53 AM, chris.r said:

I got confused with Modo Drums 1.5 CS being added to my account free of charge when the 1.5 update came out, without a way of re-downloading sounds free of charge as they have already expired. Then I have read some people reported that after installing the update they found out that the sounds were gone from disk. So I still didn't update, just in case to avoid getting into this troube. Maybe someone could confirm that a simple install of the 1.5 update over the existing version doesn't clear out the samples anymore?

IKs strategy consists of giving new users very attractive deals then nick and dime them for every cent in their wallets once they're suckered in.

And on the Modo Drum thing, it's hard to say. Sometimes the sounds don't even install right and you have to try multiple times. But most likely they expire. The Syntronik 2 ones do. I don't see why that would be different for Modo Drum. I'm pretty sure they would do the same thing with Modo Bass if it used samples. Or Amplitube.

1 hour ago, antler said:

For lighter tape plugins, e.g. Overloud Tapedesk, I'll put one on each track/bus as the last plugin.

For the IK ones, I'll just put one instance on the main bus as a finishing effect - usually after compression and EQ, but before the limiter.

Or you could use the free CHOW Tape, which can pretty much sound like any of those Tascam jobs due to how configurable it is.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Grem said:

CWbBL has tape emulation built in the each track. Works as expected and is very light on cpu. And it comes with several tape options.I 

If you're talking about the pro-channel modules, I believe they're a cut-down version of TapeDesk; when Sonar was announced as discontinued, Overloud offered a crossgrade price.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Bruno de Souza Lino said:

Or you could use the free CHOW Tape, which can pretty much sound like any of those Tascam jobs due to how configurable it is.

Thanks - I didn't know about that one.

Just posting to let you know that IKM support finally came through on my ticket about the duplicate vocal strip that I accidently selected. They removed the duplicate and gave me a key for the TEAC 3340S. It took them awhile to respond and resolve the issue but I am a happy camper now. 

• Like 2

On 5/9/2023 at 11:38 PM, MrFigg said:

Last from me: TEAC-3340S and Tascam 388. Done.

On 5/10/2023 at 1:43 PM, Grem said:

Was thinking the same.

OK, I'll do likewise, since I don't know any better.

Edited by ALC
  • Haha 1

On 5/18/2023 at 11:09 PM, Doug Rintoul said:

TEAC 3340S

Have you found the time to play with your 3340S yet, how you like it? From some youtubes I hear it does alter stereo image (sweeten?) more than the 6100 OTOH I don't hear this strong tape compression that I hear with 6100 anymore. Can't make up my mind between these two... gosh first world problems :D 

• Haha 2