IK 25th Anniversary Group Buy!

cclarry

24 minutes ago, kevin H said:

@Peter - IK Multimedia, So I decided to make a second purchase. I had one pick left from original purchase.  Once I made second purchase my left over freebie from first purchased disappeared from my account and promotions only shows second purchase freebies.  Is this expected? I opened a support case but wondering if anyone else ran into this issue. 

7 minutes ago, kevin H said:

Okay so although it only showed 5 freebies when I had 6 available,  the last redeem button once clicked revealed two product I could choose.  This was weird. 

Yup.  Works the same for me.  It looks like this for me:2143824382_ScreenShot2021-08-20at11_01_05PM.thumb.png.70b6670a7e7109d31caecc9ce58b2847.png

When I redeem one (say "AmpliTube Metal"), it disappears so the next time, only the unredeemed one ("One") is visible.

When I redeem both of them, then at the top level, the Available button gets replaced by "Downloaded" text.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, ALC said:

Yup.  Works the same for me.  It looks like this for me:2143824382_ScreenShot2021-08-20at11_01_05PM.thumb.png.70b6670a7e7109d31caecc9ce58b2847.png

When I redeem one (say "AmpliTube Metal"), it disappears so the next time, only the unredeemed one ("One") is visible.

When I redeem both of them, then at the top level, the Available button gets replaced by "Downloaded" text.

Thanks yea that totally threw me off :)

Thanks for confirming.  Among all the building posts you have been trying to actually be helpful so thanks hahha

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Nick Blanc said:

recommendations

Sunset Reverb is a must. Haven’t had time to run Comprexxor thru it’s paces. You have the “Black”, “White” is a must have too. 
A caveat; PC 76 and CA2A/PC2A are probably on my tracks much more these days. 
As to EQ’s and channel emulations, I have most of them, but rarely use them. But I don’t use the channel emulation in Pro Channel either. 
hth

t

Lurseen Console is interesting too

Edited by DeeringAmps

Yep, I went from I'll buy AT5 SE and get in at $149. Then I saw Lurssen and figure for $10 more I'll get in at the $159 level and get stuff lower. Then I saw that that would limit me to the MODO SE stuff so I took a look at AT5 for $40 more with all the gear included over SE and decided to go in at $200. Then with jam points and gear credits brought that entry point down to $112. Which is about a zillion Canadian dollars, but hey, who's counting when it's the group buy!

That's how the IK group buy works! 👍😋

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Nick Blanc said:

The Sunset reverb is 149 right? So buying Comprexxor doesn't qualify me. Or I have to switch it around, buy the Sunset reverb and tier up.

Buy Gear Credits at a discount at the IK website, you can buy 150 GC for $134.99, or 200 GC for $159.99. Plus you can use Jam Points for up to 30% of any purchase there.

Then go over to Custom Shop and spend those Gear Credits! 😁

Any qualifying item that you buy in the Custom Shop with Gear Credits, will be reflected in your IK account for Group Buy!

Edited by abacab

3 hours ago, Nick Blanc said:

So I've ignoring this thing a bit. But you're telling me if I were to buy Comprexxor for 129.99 now, when this thing is over I can get 6 (or more by that time) plugins of equal or less value for free?

You won't even have to wait till it's over. You can grab 5 freebies today if you wish! :)

5 minutes ago, Nick Blanc said:

Lurssen looks nice. Is it comprable with something like Ozone?

Here is my take on it:

On 8/20/2021 at 7:50 AM, Jacques Boileau said:

I was curious about Lurssen and decided to give it a try last week. It is very simple to use and sounds great. It makes mastering an easy task for non professional wannabe mastering engineer. I compared my master with Lurssen to the same done with Ozone element and found the Lurssen one clearer and more detailed.

I will definitly get it in the GB. It does require a powerful enough machine. On my machine I use it stand alone to minimise glitches, but I still get some crackle once in a while. But my machine is a 5 year old i7.

4 minutes ago, Nick Blanc said:

Hold on, I have Jampoints. Does using jampoints put me in a lower tier or does the original price count?

I know this has probably been talked about, but it's saturday and I'm not spending my weekend reading through 40 pages. That's what worktime is for :P

Yes, it puts you in the original price tier. That's the beauty of it. The same with gear credits and buying from the Custom Shop. It is always the original price that counts, before any discount you may apply.

Edited by Jacques Boileau

23 minutes ago, Nick Blanc said:

Lurssen looks nice. Is it comprable with something like Ozone?

Lurssen is quite cool! Not as "techy" or comprehensive as Ozone, but good for quick fixes. Lurssen put many of his personal mastering chain presets in there, so you can just pull them up and tweak.

I have found that just about anything run through Lurssen comes out sounding better!

Check out some of the Before/After tracks linked at this Sweetwater article:

https://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/LurssenMast--ik-multimedia-lurssen-mastering-console

Edited by abacab