IK 25th Anniversary Group Buy!

cclarry

I’m contemplating doing a purchase at the $49.99 level to get the Cinekinetic and Electromagnetik libraries.  It depends on how many freebies we end up with.  I figure that’s the way to maximize the freebies rather than using the $199.99 and $99.99 tier freebies.

• Like 3
  • Great Idea 1

13 minutes ago, ALC said:

I’m contemplating doing a purchase at the $49.99 level...

My guess is that the IK guys, in their calculations, expected more of it. There are so many $49, and less, items this year that they've had probably been thinking that people will figure out to enter with additional $49, or so, tier and get even more freebies. Hence the "up to 21x1".

Edited by chris.r
  • Like 1

25 minutes ago, DeeringAmps said:

I've got a cover of All Right Now with Sunset Reverb all over it, mastered up in Lurssen if you want to hear it...

t

Yes please.  Sunset I should of added to my list. If IK extends I would do another buy.

• Great Idea 1

2 minutes ago, husker said:

What is the difference between TRackS 5 and TRacks5 SE ?   Usually "SE" denotes a cut down version, but that doesn't seem to be the case here.  It just seems like different plug ins.

I was wondering that too.  Turns out you are correct and that is the difference. Bit strange.

As long as we are constructively thread building now- I decided I want to spend one of my freebies on the Leslie to relive my youth a few decades back when we used to run my guitar through one for a few tunes.  I am comfortable with Amplitube, which I have been using for a while.  Is there a good reason to consider getting the T-Racks version instead?  From my research, it looks like Amplitube actually gives more routing options, but I would expect them to be the same? 

Edited by Brian Lawler

6 minutes ago, Brian Lawler said:

As long as we are constructively thread building now- I decided I want to spend one of my freebies on the Leslie to relive my youth a few decades back when we used to run my guitar through one for a few tunes.  I am comfortable with Amplitube, which I have been using for a while.  Is there a good reason to consider getting the T-Racks version instead?  From my research, it looks like Amplitube actually gives more routing options, but I would expect them to be the same? 

If you were doing research online I’m assuming you likely ran into this comparison from a user.  I initially got the Amplitube version but then used another freebie to get the tracks version as the standalone plugin appealed to me.  Some of the JS presets in Amplitube used the Leslie so spoiled with freebies I don’t regret it.

Here is the comparison from couple years ago but still applies:

T-RackS Leslie: 

-- is a single plug-in, which will run in a DAW, T-RackS 5 (the (free) Custom Shop program or a paid-for edition) or the TR5 Suite plug-in,
-- the GUI has 3 panels,
-- the first panel is for the Setup, Amp and EQ controls
-- the second is for selection of amp (from 5) and cab (from 6) and for mic positioning,
-- and the third is for mic mixing,
-- the Amp controls look generic.

AmpliTube Leslie:

-- is 11 separate gear models: 5 Leslie Amps and 6 Leslie rotary-speaker cabinets
-- they can only be loaded into the AmpliTube program or plug-in (the free Custom Shop program or a paid-for edition, v4 onwards), 
-- in AT4 CS the Cab Room GUI will look and be simpler (as for other AT cabinet models),
-- the Amp controls are on each AMP GUI, which look like the different models,
-- pop-out panels on the Cabs show Cabinet selection, mic mixing, EQ, (and speaker and room browser?), 
-- you can (when released) download full working models from the AmpliTube Custom Shop and try them out free of charge,
-- I presume that they can be mixed and matched with other AT4 gear models.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

2 hours ago, RSMcGuitar said:

Is there a way to figure out release date of some of these processors? I would prefer sticking to the newest (bestest?) stuff, where possible.

For T-RackS, at least, it seems that many of the newer T-RackS modules cost more ($129.99, $124.99).  The older modules seem to have gone down in price over time from their initial release prices.

The newest modules are not included in T-RackS 5 MAX, so in Custom Shop, check that the module doesn’t show inclusion in T-RackS 5 MAX.  These would include Sunset Sound, Comprexxor, Space Delay, and Tape Machine.

The release date would certainly be a useful column to add to a spreadsheet.

Edited by ALC
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1