IK 25th Anniversary Group Buy!

cclarry

2 hours ago, chris.r said:

It used to be in the past that anything bought with Gear Credits became automatically NFR. Not sure it is still the case though, might be worth checking out.

I bought Amplitube 5 SE with 150 Gear Credits (cost: $98.99), and my account just says I have to wait 90 days to transfer ownership. So GC purchases are not automatically NFR.

But that does raise the question of what happens to your Group Buy freebies if you transfer the qualifying item later? The freebies all appear to be NFR, but will they go away? Or are they yours forever after 90 days?

Edited by abacab

2 minutes ago, abacab said:

I bought Amplitube 5 SE with Gear Credits, and my account just says I have to wait 90 days to transfer ownership. So GC purchases are not automatically NFR.

But that does raise the question of what happens to your Group Buy freebies if you transfer the qualifying item later? The freebies all appear to be NFR, but will they go away? Or are they yours forever after 90 days?

They go away when you sell the original buy-in.

• Like 1

Just now, Doug Rintoul said:

Yikes! Well good to know!

But I wasn't actually planning to flip anything. I subscribe to the philosophy "He who dies with the most toys wins". LOL!!! 😎

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

3 minutes ago, InstrEd said:

are you in contest with Bapu 😆

No way am I ever going to out-Bapu the Bapu himself! LOL!

But by the end of this thing, I'll probably own everything that IK sells...

Edited by abacab

Just now, Nick Blanc said:

Well, I pulled the trigger and got Lurssen. Now I'm like a kid in the candy show with a seemingly unending dropdown of freebies.

GAS is lovely, right? Have fun!!!

And thanks for pushing us one step closer to 6 freebies!

• Like 2

1 minute ago, abacab said:

GAS is lovely, right? Have fun!!!

And thanks for pushing us one step closer to 6 freebies!

Well, as my girlfriend and I broke up this week, the plan to set up a podcast studio is also gone. So that leaves me with way too my much GAS money. I should not be in this forum...

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

13 minutes ago, abacab said:

I bought Amplitube 5 SE with Gear Credits, and my account just says I have to wait 90 days to transfer ownership. So GC purchases are not automatically NFR.

https://www.ikmultimedia.com/faq/index.php?id=1072&bu=aHR0cHM6Ly93d3cuaWttdWx0aW1lZGlhLmNvbS9mYXEvaW5kZXgucGhwP3NlYXJjaD1nZWFyJTIwY3JlZGl0

The Custom Shop purchases that are transferable include purchased AmpliTube/T-Racks Collections and individual T-Racks CS models purchased with credit card or PayPal, as they provide product serial numbers.

If you purchase T-Racks CS models using gear credits, they are not transferable to another user.

If you purchase any a-la-carte AmpliTube gear models, they are not transferable to another user.

If you purchase any SampleTank 3 or 4 libraries from the Custom Shop, they are not transferable to another user.

It seems that collections but not individual plugins are transferable.  So, if you buy Sunset Sound Studio Reverb, for example, that wouldn't be transferable, but AmpliTube Joe Satriani would be.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Doug Rintoul said:
30 minutes ago, abacab said:

Can anyone confirm this? I only know the jampoints are going back down you can even get in the minus level if you resell too much :D