IK 25th Anniversary Group Buy!

cclarry

1 minute ago, chris.r said:

Can anyone confirm this? I only know the jampoints are going back down you can even get in the minus level if you resell too much :D 

I know I read this in another thread, but this is from the gb fine print at the bottom of the page:

Free selected promotional products cannot be sold/transferred. They reside in your account separate from the original purchase and would not be transferred if the original qualifying item is sold.

Note that qualifying products must remain registered in your IK account to retain eligibility.

It would be good for Peter to clarify this. It is not totally clear what was meant by "retain eligibility"

9 minutes ago, Doug Rintoul said:

I know I read this in another thread, but this is from the gb fine print at the bottom of the page:

Free selected promotional products cannot be sold/transferred. They reside in your account separate from the original purchase and would not be transferred if the original qualifying item is sold.

Note that qualifying products must remain registered in your IK account to retain eligibility.

It would be good for Peter to clarify this. It is not totally clear what was meant by "retain eligibility"

I found a simple solution to this dilemma: I just keep everything!

• Like 2
  • Great Idea 1
  • Haha 1

51 minutes ago, abacab said:

I wasn't actually planning to flip anything. I subscribe to the philosophy "He who dies with the most toys wins". LOL!!! 😎

Yeah, same here, I usually don't plan to buy something and then resell unless some extra condition happen. But this GB is all about getting the gear I want! 🤤

Edited by chris.r
  • Like 1
  • Great Idea 1

Anything you get as a "freebie" in the Group Buy is NFR.  Anything you purchase to enter the Group Buy
you have to wait 90 days before you can even think about "re-selling it"...and IK's resale value is S H I T E!

Edited by cclarry
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, abacab said:

It may not be you. It could be your browser, ISP, DNS provider, etc.

I'm looking at that page right now.

I use Google DNS servers 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4

https://www.pcmag.com/how-to/how-and-why-to-change-your-dns-server

Just tried it and it works from my tablet now, didn't from my DAW PC previously. All good! Thanks! 👍

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Jacques Boileau said:

You can already peruse the IK stuff for your next freebie which should come in today or early tomorrow!

In that case...can someone tell if ARC3 is useful for someone like me who has no room treatment whatsoever (I know the mic version is not included in de GB, but you can buy a listen mic for €30). Is it CPU hungy?

25 minutes ago, Nick Blanc said:

...can someone tell if ARC3 is useful for someone like me who has no room treatment whatsoever (I know the mic version is not included in de GB, but you can buy a listen mic for €30). Is it CPU hungy?

Good question! I know I can get away with some stock Sonitus plugins for mixing, also many other brands, that won't charge my CPU at all, or use a few TR5 instances and run out of power quickly. How's the ARC plugin?

50 minutes ago, Nick Blanc said:

In that case...can someone tell if ARC3 is useful for someone like me who has no room treatment whatsoever (I know the mic version is not included in de GB, but you can buy a listen mic for €30). Is it CPU hungy?

Just be aware that that mic probably wouldn’t be individually calibrated, but you should be able to find a generic calibration file.  The individually calibrated ones would around $70 (like the Dayton EMM6).

I would think it should help even without room treatment (but I’m sure would be even better with).  It takes measurements from 7 positions.

I just picked it up myself last night.

Edited by ALC

3 minutes ago, ALC said:

Just be aware that that mic probably wouldn’t be individually calibrated, but you should be able to find a generic calibration file.  The individually calibrated ones would around $70 (like the Dayton EMM6).

Nice addition, thanks!