IK 25th Anniversary Group Buy!

cclarry

18 minutes ago, ALC said:
1 hour ago, Nick Blanc said:

In that case...can someone tell if ARC3 is useful for someone like me who has no room treatment whatsoever (I know the mic version is not included in de GB, but you can buy a listen mic for ). Is it CPU hungy?

Just be aware that that mic probably wouldn’t be individually calibrated, but you should be able to find a generic calibration file.  The individually calibrated ones would around $70 (like the Dayton EMM6).

For similar price ($70) you can buy the IK's MEMS mic and be done with it. The €30 mic is not a bad idea but if you're planning on getting TR5 Mic Room in the group buy then there's another way of using the same MEMS mic for measurements and then for some recordings.

• Great Idea 2

20 minutes ago, InstrEd said:

Why isn't a SSD drive in this group buy?  

Just sayin ;)

Alexa just informed me that this is in my mailbox right now:

2021-08-21_12-22-13rs.jpg.b87029ce0afdd3a1e760911ec4c11976.jpg

I am pretty sure that Lars put me on to this a few days ago in this very forum.  Y'all are a bunch of enablers y'know!

• Like 1

@Nick Blanc "comprable with something like Ozone?"

I would say more like Slates' FG-X plug in, which is quick and easy, and lets be honest here; we are talking about small "m" mastering.
Even with Ozone its still small "m" (I mean how many Grammy nominated tunes are Mastered in Ozone?)

But the question is "do you like the Lurssen Console", yeah I can get a pretty quick and easy "loud" mix.

Now, could I s-can Ozone and use say my suite of Fab Filter tools to do the same thing, oh yeah!

Could I master in TRackS 5; oh yeah!

We're all "slutz" when it comes right down to it! 🙃

t

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

5 minutes ago, cclarry said:

It's $152.99 with code EMCXEASE3 now!

That code won't work for me at Newegg.

It applies the code when entered, and shows the discounted price in the cart, then goes whoops when I actually try to purchase it. Then it reverts to $179.

And $179 is still $50 off the list price, and is what Amazon and B&H are currently showing as the sale price.

Edited by abacab
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Nick Blanc said:

can someone tell if ARC3 is useful for someone like me

I would say yes, one bonus to buying the the package, ARC 3 and mic, is you get TrackS 5 Deluxe Free.
That would get you into the GB at the $150 level. (that's what I did, $105 using whammy jammie points).
But you're in a $159 with the Lurssen IIRC...
so buy the mic (no GB there) and pickup ARC 3 as one of your GB freebs...
Or, better yet, get the ARC 3 package and double your pleasure, double you fun.
(it way better than doublemint gum!)
It all gets a bit too confusing, just tell Lars what you have and your buyin level, he'll work the best deal out for ya!

t

Thats why @cclarry is our King!

Edited by DeeringAmps
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, DeeringAmps said:

so buy the mic (no GB there) and pickup ARC 3 as one of your GB freebs...

I suppose you could use $20 leftover Jam Points towards that $69.99 mic...

But then IK does charge $12.99 for ground shipping...

Would the Behringer or Dayton measurement mics at Amazon ($72.25 or $68.35, respectively) possibly be a better buy with free Prime shipping?

Edited by abacab

46 minutes ago, abacab said:

I suppose you could use $20 leftover Jam Points towards that $69.99 mic...

But then IK does charge $12.99 for ground shipping...

Would the Behringer or Dayton measurement mics at Amazon ($72.25 or $68.35, respectively) possibly be a better buy with free Prime shipping?

I would got for the Dayton over Behringer. IIRC the Dayton comes withe a correction file, not the Behringer.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3