Native Instruments Summer of Sound Sale

Wallace Ng

9 hours ago, kevin H said:

I upgraded but told me no serial available at the moment. Perhaps needs to be manually generated. Just fyi. 

Update: just got my serial 

They just emailed you a serial number?

31 minutes ago, Bruno de Souza Lino said:

Do they still ship CE with a SSD with all the installers and data? Cause that was a nice backup strategy and didn't require you to spend who knows how long downloading 1TB of stuff.

I think that with version 14 they finally stopped offering a HDD boxed product, even in Europe.
It was never bundled with an SSD.

3 hours ago, cclarry said:

Tiny bit lower at Thomann.  JRR shop offers NO DISCOUNT whatsoever!

https://www.thomannmusic.com/search_dir.html?sw=Native Instruments Komplete&smcs=95b47c_5161

But for the dollar or two difference, you'd still be better off buying at Best Service and getting the Best Coins

It is still €299 for me at Thomann. So it's a matter of exchange rate where it will be cheaper. On the other hand, if I order at Thomann I can order a couple of cables and dustcovers in the same order to get to the minimum order amount to avoid shipping costs.

And I noticed this in the description for the upgrade to CE: "Includes a 25.00 EUR voucher for the Native Instruments online shop and three 29.99 EUR "Buy any plug-in" vouchers for use in the Plug-in Alliance online shop".

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Carl Ewing said:

Upgrading from Komplate CE 13 gives me:

Kontakt 7 Full
Choir - Omnia
Action Strings 2
Playbox
Sequis
Piano Colors
Ashlight
Lores
Session Guitar: Electric Vintage
East Asia
Session Bass: Prime Bass
Session Guitar: Picked Nylon
Session Guitar: Electric Mint
Super 8
Deft Line
40's Very Own Drums
40's Very Own Keys
Knif Audio Knifonium
bx_Oberhausen
Unfiltered Audio Lo-Fi AF
Focusrise Console SC
bx_Console N
bx_Limiter True Peak
Ozone 10 Standard

+ 37 expansions, including 10 Massive X expansions, which I use extensively.

All for $226.

Or I can buy Damage Guitars for $200. ¬¬

There are companies that sell products equivalent to Ashlight, Choir-Omnia, Lores, Piano Colors, Action Strings 2, Picked Nylon for the price of this upgrade. The current sale price for Ozone 10 Standard is $135, which is included in this upgrade.

I think your understanding of deals needs to be recalibrated lol. 

Also - would very much like NI to just start offering a $199 / year subscription for Komplete CE. Many people upgrade every year anyway (been on Komplete since version 1) so just get it over with.  It also makes no sense to own any of these products individually, considering the Komplete sale prices every year, and considering individual products still require fairly regular paid updates, and many of their products (including flagship products) have been discontinued entirely.

Thanks Carl. 
I’m skipping this time as I’ve already got the PA and iZotope stuff in there. 
And I don’t like them dropping the hard drive. 
Here’s looking out for K15U CE. 

21 minutes ago, Greg said:

Has anyone bought this during the sale and waited to register for the next version?  Would you get Komplete 15 at that time?  

Used to be like that. 
Did it last time with 13. 
No luck. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

One potential way to save more money on this is with Sweetwater, if you're willing to wait.  In recent years, they sold gift cards on Father's Day for 10% off, which could then be applied to this upgrade.  They also have in years past discounted the upgrade during GearFest during June.

However, with the new owners, there are no guarantees.  GearFest is mostly just an online two-day sale now, and who knows if the gift card sale will happen.  (And be sure to check the terms of the gift card, in case they exclude anything.)

So I'm just tossing this out there, if you're willing to wait and try it.  I've done it before, and will try it again, in case it works, since I'm not in a hurry to get the upgrade, and saving money is important for me right now.

• Like 2

KU comes with Ozone 10 and has unknown install error via Acess.  Zip file seems to install but that doesn't show up anywhere.  Besides shouldn't there be a serial for Ozone? 

I kinda regret upgrading because of a lot of Soundpaint type bloat.  The session guitars seem worth it.   

3 hours ago, Technostica said:

I think that with version 14 they finally stopped offering a HDD boxed product, even in Europe.

Yeah, one more reason for me not to jump now. If it’s only download, we may see pretty interesting offers in the future. 

I'd suggest using System Restore as your friend if you try their latest version of Access.  It sucks and basically read the whole internet and lost all feeling in my hands typing in these long ***** errors.   NI just doesn't have a good support staff.  Have of the solutions came from end users.   I decided not to dick around anymore and revert to the legacy Access on one system.  

For years I've had issues with NI updates on 3 systems and each even when through hardware upgrades.  They have their own delete tool which is a rebranded Windows Install Cleanup.  Run their tool and you see overkill in registry entries.

Another example of a user finding the solution 

https://community.native-instruments.com/discussion/10436/theres-an-issue-with-the-installer-service-error-while-downloading-komplete-bundle/p2

BTW Kontakt 7 will show blank on older video cards which someone created a solution to fix.

I thought the Maxx 4 game me a headache but this one tops it.

You also can't authorize Ozone 10 in legacy Access.  At least PA got it right so one can bypass Native Distress.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Nick Blanc said:

On the other hand, if I order at Thomann I can order a couple of cables and dustcovers in the same order to get to the minimum order amount to avoid shipping costs.

Didn't work, you can't order software like hardware. Seems like they saw right through my scheme 🤪

• Sad 1