Native Instruments Summer of Sound Sale

Wallace Ng

To date I have never used my $25 NI evouchers as they are so limited what you can do with them it’s really not worth it. They are basically a joke on forums.  I probably have hundreds of dollars worth of unused vouchers sitting somewhere.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Patrick Derbidge said:

I've been in this game for a long time. I've spent over 10k on virtual instruments alone, not including the other plugins I've spent money on. NI is a reputable company, Thomman is reputable, and Best Service is reputable. Every company is going to have a glitch once in a while but as long as you're patient with their customer support they will get you sorted out, if by chance you end up with an issue like this. Most of the time the people complaining online either haven't waited a fair amount of time for customer support to resolve the issue, or they never even tried, or they're just trolls. We live in an instant gratification culture today, and people seem to have lost the ability to think reasonably anymore.

You are absolutely right. I'm not concerend. I merely stated that didn't know what was going on and that I thought the situation was kind of funny. I'm sure they'll figure it out.

• Like 1

On 5/26/2023 at 9:14 AM, Nick Blanc said:

image.png.6ae816279b8877cad74258d3120cfb4d.png

Ah yes, a $2043 voucher. Completely normal.

Edit: Ok now what? I don't see any vouchers, no extra licenses, just an email which thanks me for my order. I just threw away THOUSANDS of dollars. 

😢

Second and I promise the last edit: I located them, I seem to have 8 licenses of a number of plugins and 5 of another number. Really useful. In case I somehow lose 7 licenses of the Black Box Analog Design HG-2, PA's got me covered 😎

Still no clue what that "three 29.99 EUR "Buy any plug-in" vouchers for use in the Plug-in Alliance online shop" business is all about though.

I didn't figure this out the first time either.  When you put in the code you get a credit for $2043.   The important thing is that it balances out to $0.  So then you check out and pay nothing.   You have to check out and pay nothing or it doesn't work.

After that, when you sign in to the PA Installation Manager (you may need to download this) your plugins show up in the "My Products" folder.  

I downloaded them and they installed perfectly.

I still haven't received my NI Voucher yet, though.  Did anybody get it? 

Edited by Reid Rosefelt

12 hours ago, kevin H said:

To date I have never used my $25 NI evouchers as they are so limited what you can do with them it’s really not worth it. They are basically a joke on forums.  I probably have hundreds of dollars worth of unused vouchers sitting somewhere.

I have used the vouchers for massive preset packs and expansions 

• Like 1

3 machines and 3 hassles trying to get NA 2 to install.   There's more sloppy development in the distribution of a product these days. 

Some of us discovered there was a flaw in IK TS Max authorization which they eventually fixed.   At least when you download you can archive the installs.  This is what I don't like about NI. 

I'm sick of proprietary installers.  Some of them do not give the end user choices.  About every month I have to delete about a GB of aax plugins.   I prefer to only have vst3 installed to cut down on scanning time. AAS and Waves are bad at this, NI also installs both VST versions.  Delete your 32bit or vst2 it wants you to repair.

I seem to have many NI updates fail and have to use a reg tool to fix it. I'm not alone in this or they wouldn't have this tool.

Poor development begins when a user is instructed to wander into areas of their OS they fear.  Sometimes removing that brick makes the wall tumble down.   It says a lot when an end user comes up with a fix and the developers still don't patch it.   The poor development is not often in the end product but the installation and distribution. Unfortunately developers have to deal with the (d)evolving OS.  

Now I have NA2 working I'd be afraid to update it since it is not as solid as NA1   A mess was created just to change the paint  

3 minutes ago, kitekrazy said:

Just curious if anyone installed the new factory library.

If you mean the Kontakt Factory Library 2, I still have 18 minutes left on the 40gb download.

I had to uninstall Native Access and then manually install NA2 and it seems to be working ok.

It already installed Kontact 7 without problems.

7 minutes ago, Paul P said:

If you mean the Kontakt Factory Library 2, I still have 18 minutes left on the 40gb download.

I had to uninstall Native Access and then manually install NA2 and it seems to be working ok.

It already installed Kontact 7 without problems.

I had to use Windows Fix It and then do a circle jerk with the NTKDaemon.

Is the Factory Library 2 compatible with K6?    

6 minutes ago, Fleer said:

Would like to know that too, but I fear it isn’t. Anyway, would be a reason to get Kontakt 7 for $49. 

I'd like to hear from the average joe instead of those who use higher end stuff.   When Gigastudio was king and those libraries were pricey, I was thrilled to get all of the sounds in Kontakt 2.

Still debating on other stuff to install.  

The average user doesn't really need K7 unless it's player products.   It looks more like a phone app.   

The K7 feature that I really appreciate so-far is being able to see my non-player Instruments (with patches) in the same browser as the Player stuff.  What has me stymied is installing Ozone 10.  It just errors out (see below) on Windows.  Not a big deal, as I have 9 and rarely use it anyway.

2023-05-27_9-44-12.jpg.1024f0a5c4cfe87feacdea9bd200b5a5.jpg

2 minutes ago, Brian Lawler said:

The K7 feature that I really appreciate so-far is being able to see my non-player Instruments (with patches) in the same browser as the Player stuff.  What has me stymied is installing Ozone 10.  It just errors out (see below) on Windows.  Not a big deal, as I have 9 and rarely use it anyway.

I didn't even bother to install Ozone as I'm a Sonible / HorNet guy myself.

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, kitekrazy said:

I'd like to hear from the average joe instead of those who use higher end stuff.   When Gigastudio was king and those libraries were pricey, I was thrilled to get all of the sounds in Kontakt 2.

Still debating on other stuff to install.  

The average user doesn't really need K7 unless it's player products.   It looks more like a phone app.   

Me too. I'm at 13 Standard. Only $99 up upgrade to 14 std, so assuming I "needed" Kontakt 7, there's prolly enough new stuff to justify the upgrade. But honestly, so far, I am unable to convince myself I should. Pretty sad cuz I'm easily convinced LOL. 

I've also looked at what upgrading to 14 Ultimate or CE would bring and I'm totally underwhelmed. I rarely, if ever, reach for NI stuff. I'm also not a Kontakt fan to say the least. I only use it cuz I have to.

5 minutes ago, Brian Lawler said:

I think that's an iZotope installer bug that's been there forever. I'm guessing your install path has spaces in it. It's not expecting any and interpreting anything after a space character as a command line switch.

Try checking to make sure your install path doesn't have any spaces.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I purchased KOMPLETE UPDATE (the standard version) from Best Service a little while ago and the serial was sent out to me immediately. When I plugged the serial it in Native Access I needed to do a refresh and everything was there. I own a lot of Izotope plugins, but the mixing and mastering plugins I own are the version before the current one, so KOMPLETE UPDATE moved me up to the latest version of Ozone Standard. I have no idea if that will end up showing up in my Izotope list of products at their site and in their app, but it currently does not show up in either. But it installed fine.  

As far as KONTAKT 7, I have been told from some KONTAKT sample developers that there are significant advances NI made from KONTAKT 6 from their perspectives, so it is a worthwhile purchase. There are some simple end user changes that I like too, like the ability to create a starred lists of your favorite presets, just like you can do with a lot of synths for your favorite patches. 

Edited by PavlovsCat
  • Like 4

Used K7 last night for the first time ever. Initializes small and takes a bit to look like K5/6. The library browser is nicer and seems the newer libraries preview before loading. Not sure if that is specific to K7, but saves a lot of time finding suitable patches for me.

• Like 1