What's on your BLACK FRIDAY Wish List? (Not a Deal)

PavlovsCat

2 minutes ago, PavlovsCat said:

BTW, if 8Dio puts their piano sample libraries on sale for the same kind of price as their drum libraries ($20 USD), that would be impossible for me to resist. I think I only I've only bought two of their piano libraries in their SoundPaint format, and they're nice. As they don't require sophisticated KONTAKT scripting -- which, IMO, 8Dio isn't very good at; it simply doesn't invest the effort in creating intuitive scripts for the string libraries  -- it's less of a concern for piano libraries, so I wouldn't hesitate. I'd love to pick up their upright piano library. So, I suppose, that would be on my BF wish list, as would Toontrack libraries that I can use in SD2 and the solo cell library I already mentioned.  There are still 4 or 5 AD2 drum libraries I don't own, so possibly those too. Yeah, I'm one of the sample/plugin hoarders for sure. Larry is my Sam from Cheers or Walter White, you pick the preferred analogy!   

I'd save your dough and buy one good upright piano. Specifically, VI Labs modern U. A good piano library *does* require good scripting, and it doesn't get better than VI labs. Per the comment above re buying cheap and buying twice, you'll literally never need another upright library (or potentially any piano library) with VI Labs.

I am geeking out over pianos of all kinds at the moment. Probably don't really need anything but I'd like pianoteq and keyscape and key suite and the acoustic samples modelled electric pianos but I only have enough money for one or two of those... 

I'm probably happy waiting for a Komplete upgrade in the summer of sound. 

I want some Xils synths and the Plug N Mix VIP bundle but they're on sale until January so no rush. 

I feel like I don't have the perfect delay yet but I'm not sure it even exists haha. I kinda want D16 repeater and the rest of their silverline plugins. Why they don't do an upgrade to the bundle I don't know. I own about 5 silverline plugins and the only way to complete the set is one by one. 

I was thinking about V Collection upgrade but I think I might wait until the next version. 

Ultimately I'm probably better using my money upgrading to a new PC. My i7 4790k is getting a bit long in the tooth. 

59 minutes ago, Craig Fowler said:

I'd save your dough and buy one good upright piano. Specifically, VI Labs modern U. A good piano library *does* require good scripting, and it doesn't get better than VI labs. Per the comment above re buying cheap and buying twice, you'll literally never need another upright library (or potentially any piano library) with VI Labs.

That is a beautiful, pristine sounding upright,  but I am after uprights that are closer to the realm of character pianos. 

Okay,  I think I decided what solo cello I most want. Sonixenima Solo Cello. If anyone has it, I'd love to get your thoughts.

That said, as I recently bought Have Audio's NORDISK KONTRABASS and PMed the developer who told me about an upcoming huge discount of NORDIC CELLO for Black Friday, I think I'm going to pick up that too -- for more unusual cello parts. Demos of both libraries sound great to me and they're very different from each other. 

Edited by PavlovsCat

2 hours ago, Fleer said:

Lots of cello libs here, but IMO the Emotional Cello by Harmonic Subtones is still the one to get, together with Cinesamples’ Tina Guo m, while awaiting that updated cello from Virharmonic. 

I have seen a lot of praise for all three of those at VI and the demos sound good for all of them, but I was looking to keep my purchase under $100 USD.  What do you find most useful for rock or folk rock productions -- basically situations where one goes for a dry sound as opposed to a larger room? 

3 hours ago, PhonoBrainer said:

Does Reason ever go on sale? I don't want to bleed out $$$ for years for the subscription variant, "Reason +" . . .

If starting out, the cheapest way is usually to buy Reason Lite from KVR etc for $10 and then buy the Upgrade from Lite for roughly $160 when it's on sale.

This UK company still has it on sale from the last time, although the sale generally is over. They are a very large and reputable company:

https://www.andertons.co.uk/upgrade-to-reason-12-for-intro-ltd-essentials-lite-owners-esd

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Philip G Hunt said:

This year I'm only interested in hardware.

Pre Sonus Studio 24 C

SSD for my laptop (perhaps a Crucial Nvme)

I have simple tastes....and far too much software 

I have the studio 26C and can recommend it (It has a better headphone output) for not much more. Plus all the freebies you get with it.