What's on your BLACK FRIDAY Wish List? (Not a Deal)

PavlovsCat

1 hour ago, TracingArcs said:

I have the studio 26C and can recommend it (It has a better headphone output) for not much more. Plus all the freebies you get with it.

Thanks for the recommendation.

I have read that the headphone out was better, but it's also about 50 bucks more. If it goes on sale for Black Friday, I'll get it.

Could you tell me whether it works via a usb c port on a laptop or not?....or does it not really make a difference? Because I've got this Usb-c port on my Dell which I never use.

3 minutes ago, Philip G Hunt said:

Could you tell me whether it works via a usb c port on a laptop or not?....or does it not really make a difference? Because I've got this Usb-c port on my Dell which I never use.

It should work with any USB port that is 2.0 or higher.

"1 USB-C ®-compatible 2.0 port

USB-C to USB-C and USB-C to USB-A cables included for compatibility with most computer"

57 minutes ago, Philip G Hunt said:

Thanks for the recommendation.

I have read that the headphone out was better, but it's also about 50 bucks more. If it goes on sale for Black Friday, I'll get it.

It would be no problem. It has USB C out. And comes with both USB C to C and USB C to A cable. Plus I think when checking it out (but may be wrong) the circuitry was also improved re: noise floor etc.

• Thanks 1

Pacific Strings (hopefully released soon, likely not on sale.)

Audiothing - Wires

Waves Abbey Road Collection

Ben Osterhouse (various)

Eventide Physion

Wavesfactory Cassette

Arturia FX (various)

Keepforest - Devastator Breakout Pro

IK Mesa Boogie v1 & 2

IK iLoud MTM

RME UCX II 

New 88-Key Controller (debating)

Spitfire Audio (various - curious what Black Friday brings)

NI Komplete CE update 13 to 14

Lifeline Console Full

Orchestral Tools (various - depends on sales)

I usually only buy stuff during Novemeber / December sales season, so hoping for some deals.

Edited by Carl Ewing

I have a pretty large wishlist, it's just not only for BF. In fact, I don't have the money to buy everything at once. Some i'm happy with postponing for the next year or a next sale. Some are on the wishlist more as a reminder to check them out (some Klevgrand precussion stuff for example, or the D16 delay). Some are just some cheap sample- or preset packs. Some are generic ("some Spitfire stuff if the freebie is cool"). Some are redundant (I don't really need both Rabae ánd Corey Wong from Neural DSP, I have no real use for Mathew Lane Dr. MS, I have enough alternatives for Overstayer MAAS, etc). Some are way too expensive and I will probably not get them even if they are on a steep sale (Slate + Ash Kontakt bundle, Spectrasonics Keyscape (which also goes in the redundant category)). Some will never be on sale (Valhalla plate, room and übermod, so no rush in getting them). Some are 'nice to have' but no priority (XLN Addictive drummer). The Komplete upgrade is on the wishlist but I think (hope?) that will go on a real sale during next summer).

I can go on. And the end of the day, I won't be surprised if I get almost nothing this year. Software that is. On my hardware list are: PWM Malevolent, Ampeg RB-108, SOMA Lyra8 and the Hologram Electronics Microcosm. I don't expect a deal on those, but I do want them and they have priority.

1 hour ago, Carl Ewing said:

Pacific Strings (hopefully released soon, likely not on sale.)

Audiothing - Wires

Waves Abbey Road Collection

Ben Osterhouse (various)

Eventide Physion

Wavesfactory Cassette

Arturia FX (various)

Keepforest - Devastator Breakout Pro

IK Mesa Boogie v1 & 2

IK iLoud MTM

RME UCX II 

New 88-Key Controller (debating)

Spitfire Audio (various - curious what Black Friday brings)

NI Komplete CE update 13 to 14

Lifeline Console Full

Orchestral Tools (various - depends on sales)

I usually only buy stuff during Novemeber / December sales season, so hoping for some deals.

How could I forget about Spitfire. 
Waiting for the Ton!

• Like 1

My BF Budget is going to jumpin' on a plane...for a week long vacation to LV! (NO I do not gamble!)
I just want to see it and check out the Strip!  I'm going by myself...no relatives, no kids,
no hassles, just little ole' me!:P

I managed to get roundtrip air from Detroit, and 3 Nights at the Luxor, for $200 - and that included
$30 a Day Food & Beverage Credit!  Then for another $200 I got over $1000 worth of shows,
attractions, and eats!  Arrival night I'll be seeing "The Tournament of the Kings" at the Excalibur,
which includes dinner!  Next day I'm headed to the Hoover Dam for half the day and then attractions
for the rest of the day!  The next day I'll be going to Bryce Canyon and Zion National Park UT, which is a
14 hr trip, and all of these trips include Roundtrip Transportation from the Hotel, and then that night
I'll hit the LA Comedy Club at the Strat! I'll hit the Skypod while I'm there!
Last day there is fully packed with attractions up until 7 pm, and my plane back to Detroit leaves at 10 pm.
My Itinerary is PACKED!

• Like 8
  • Great Idea 3

I am looking at VSL instruments.. the free piano they have convinced me.. is the best free piano imo. the GUI is not as fancy but I actually - for the first time - do not need to change the first preset they have for it. 

I just open it up and play.. 

Edited by Peter Hintze
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Nick Blanc said:

Oh and a new coffeemaker. But the model I want isn't in production anymore so I'm condemned to the secondhand market. Which isn't too bad to be honest. A first glance at the prices and it will save me about €60.

Where would we be without coffee?! Seriously,  I'm a huge fan. 

• Great Idea 1

2 hours ago, cclarry said:

My BF Budget is going to jumpin' on a plane...for a week long vacation to LV! (NO I do not gamble!)
I just want to see it and check out the Strip!  I'm going by myself...no relatives, no kids,

I managed to get roundtrip air from Detroit, and 3 Nights at the Luxor, for $200 - and that included
$30 a Day Food & Beverage Credit!  Then for another $200 I got over $1000 worth of shows,
attractions, and eats!  Arrival night I'll be seeing "The Tournament of the Kings" at the Excalibur,
which includes dinner!  Next day I'm headed to the Hoover Dam for half the day and then attractions
for the rest of the day!  The next day I'll be going to Bryce Canyon and Zion National Park UT, which is a
14 hr trip, and all of these trips include Roundtrip Transportation from the Hotel, and then that night
Last day there is fully packed with attractions up until 7 pm, and my plane back to Detroit leaves at 10 pm.
My Itinerary is PACKED!

I think we need to get Larry's deal tips on vacations! Funny, Larry, like you,  I'm no gambler. Not for any religious reasons or anything like that; primarily because after taking a class called Probability and Statistics in college I was cured of any desire to gamble (true story)! I've been to Vegas maybe three or four times, always on business, and maybe blew a total of $60 USD on slot machines! Have fun, Larry! It sounds like that should be easy to do on the trip. 

Edited by PavlovsCat
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, PavlovsCat said:

I have seen a lot of praise for all three of those at VI and the demos sound good for all of them, but I was looking to keep my purchase under $100 USD.  What do you find most useful for rock or folk rock productions -- basically situations where one goes for a dry sound as opposed to a larger room? 

For that you might want to check out this (whether it goes on sale during BF I don't know) wavelet-audio.com/ashen-scoring-cello/ and this little gem as well insanitysamples.com/products/cello-one-expressive-solo-cello :) 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, cclarry said:

My Itinerary is PACKED!

My roundtrip stays the same low no matter I'll Hoover the Excalibur over the Strat Strip or not :P 

(obviously all ITB)

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, PavlovsCat said:

Where would we be without coffee?! Seriously,  I'm a huge fan. 

Me, nowhere 😜

I got the one I was looking for, at 5 minutes from my house. I needed a specific model with the water reservoir accessable from the right side (most are from the back). And about 1/5 the retail price. Which doesn't really matter because they discontinued this model. Now I can finally make some coffee without holding the machine in a weird angle which spilled water everywhere and starting 3 times over because it got stuck in an error mode.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Nick Blanc said:

Me, nowhere 😜

I got the one I was looking for, at 5 minutes from my house. I needed a specific model with the water reservoir accessable from the right side (most are from the back). And about 1/5 the retail price. Which doesn't really matter because they discontinued this model. Now I can finally make some coffee without holding the machine in a weird angle which spilled water everywhere and starting 3 times over because it got stuck in an error mode.

When my last coffee machine died,  it was terrible! I had to wait three days or so for the next one and survived on instant coffee. I don't know how I made it through. I suppose it's a testimony to perseverance. Okay, just writing this makes  me want to start another cup. Seriously. Starting now.... 

• Great Idea 1

13 hours ago, PavlovsCat said:

I have seen a lot of praise for all three of those at VI and the demos sound good for all of them, but I was looking to keep my purchase under $100 USD

Audio Modeling SWAM Cello is currently within that range if you're interested.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, PavlovsCat said:

I have seen a lot of praise for all three of those at VI and the demos sound good for all of them, but I was looking to keep my purchase under $100 USD.  What do you find most useful for rock or folk rock productions -- basically situations where one goes for a dry sound as opposed to a larger room? 

I’d say wait for the new Bohemian from Virharmonic, that Gorilla engine is quite remarkable.