"Better Weather"

Lee Shapiro

After a long period of writer's block, I'm finally finished with a new song for the new year.
An unusually uptempo song for me, it's a mixture of optimism for the future and trying to rid myself of feeling down.
Even though I fell back on some old writing techniques, I think this one is interesting all the way through and I'm really happy with how it turned out.
BUT, I'm always open for comments and suggestions.   Thanks for listening!

(Lyrics are on the song page)

Better Weather

Edited by Lee Shapiro
added info
  • Like 2

Hey, I haven't check this forum for a couple of days, so sorry for the delay in replying to all the new posts.

Thanks again for listening and for posting your thoughts and suggestions.
Yes, I always prefer a live sound, whether it's music I'm listening to or creating myself.  To me, some great songs are done a great disservice by the cold, sterile feeling created by studio recordings, where they are recorded one track at a time, losing that energy and emotion of playing together live. (In the old days of buying vinyl records, I'd always start with a band's live album, if there was any, then work my way through their studio albums)
 But for me, even though I am recording everything myself, one track at a time, I still try to create that "live band" feel.
Also, I appreciate the mixing suggestions.  I did have a little trouble with the final mix,  having my vocals and solo instruments not quite loud enough.  I'll eventually get around to remixing it.

Thanks again for all the positive feedback, as always it's most appreciated.

On 3/14/2021 at 12:03 PM, freddy j said:

reminds me of Lou Reed a bit

I was thinking Springsteen myself.

Good stuff Lee!

t

it has been a weird year, I look back and see my lack of productivity, so I get where you're coming from on that front.
but Better Weather is here; right? 😎

The whole thing is sort of I dont care, this is the song, take it or leave it type attitude, I  just loved it , it could do with tightening up but then it would lose its ..I dont know ,.... yeah....... great lyrics by the way  cheers .. I could say much more , but it wouldnt make any more sense ..cheers

Springsteen, Petty, Jackson Browne, that's a great lane to be in. I dug the lyrics and the song's backstory was well presented. I liked the bgv's which were supportive without being overpowering.

A song in this lane absolutely benefits from the live feel, good job on that!

cheers,

-Tom

• Thanks 1