T-Racks Make Your Own Bundles

cclarry

From what I can see, IK has recently stepped up with a clever new marketing tool called "V2".

IK takes an existing product, adds content but no new features, and it becomes V2. Of course, that's destined for confusion until Peter clarifies all the details... ;)

1 hour ago, LAGinz said:

The Audio Deluxe listing looks good . . . 

IK Multimedia T-RackS 30 Plug-ins User Bundle - Mix Your Own Bundle Sale -  $2,699.99|$149.99

IK Multimedia T-RackS 20 Plug-ins User Bundle - Mix Your Own Bundle Sale - $1,799.99|$119.99

IK Multimedia T-RackS 10 Plug-ins User Bundle - Mix Your Own Bundle Sale - $899.99|$79.99

IK Multimedia T-RackS 5 MAX v2  - Spring Sale -  $299.99|$199.99

• From IK's Site:
    • T-RackS 5 MAX v2
    • Get all 53 T-RackS plug-ins
      • at $/€3.77 each.
    • TOTAL VALUE $4,514.00 -  YOU SAVE $4,314.00
    • $299.99|$199.99
Edited by User 905133
added info from IK's site to show the actual value/savings

3 hours ago, telecode 101 said:

Hi @Peter - IK Multimedia can we confirm, are we able to pick any item listed in TRacks 5 Max as an item in bundle?

You can choose any of the T-RackS plugins available.  You are making a custom bundle from any of the 53 T-RackS processors that exist.  I will take a look at https://www.ikmultimedia.com/mix-your-own-bundle/ and see if that needs further clarification.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

9 minutes ago, Peter - IK Multimedia said:

You can choose any of the T-RackS plugins available.  You are making a custom bundle from any of the 53 T-RackS processors that exist.  I will take a look at https://www.ikmultimedia.com/mix-your-own-bundle/ and see if that needs further clarification.

Please note: The IK webpages already seems to address this issue. 

How the promo works

Below are five T-RackS 5 User Bundles showing how many processors you can choose for each. Purchase and register your User Bundle and then start choosing your T-RackS mixing and mastering processors from the IK User Area. Once you’ve made your picks, go to IK Product Manager to install your new plug-ins.

If you choose T-RackS 5 MAX v2, you can go straight to the IK Product Manager and install all 53 plug-ins at once.  [emphasis added]

This only makes sense if the User Bundles are chosen from the full slate of 53 plug-ins.

Also note:  There are other sources of confusion mentioned in this thread that still exist.

Here's the answer I got from Peter on the IK forum:

"There are no plugins listed for each bundle it is just a bundle of x number of plugins from T-RackS of your own choosing. So you can pick any of the 53 T-RackS processors that are available to make your own custom bundle.

https://www.ikmultimedia.com/mix-your-own-bundle/ should have more information

Edit - as an example you can see under the 30 plugin bundle it says "Create your bundle with 30 T-RackS plug-ins of your choice at $/€4.99 each."

Hm.  This’ll be a great way for me to almost top off my T-RackS from the group buy.  I’m only missing 7 of the latest.

$50 - $15 (Jam Points) or $35 is a great price for:

- The Farm Stone Room Studio Reverb

- Joe Chiccarelli Vocal Strip

- FAME Studio Reverb

and two of

- TASCAM 388

- TASCAM Porta ONE

- TEAC A-3340S

- TEAC A-6100 MKII

Any suggestions for the tape emus?

Very tempting.

Not sure I can hold out for a MAXgrade to Total Studio 4 MAX.

15 minutes ago, Magic Russ said:

If you were to get five out of these products, which ones would you get?

• The Farm Stone Room Studio Reverb
  • Joe Chiccarelli Vocal Strip
  • FAME Studio Reverb
  • TASCAM 388
  • TASCAM Porta ONE
  • TEAC A-3340S
  • TEAC A-6100 MKII

Hahahaha. That’s the list of the ones I don’t have. Probably get the vocal strip and fame and farm stone becasue they’re the expensive ones. Then a couple of Tascams and then pick up the rest on a group buy using a free serial number you got somewhere. 

23 minutes ago, ALC said:

Hm.  This’ll be a great way for me to almost top off my T-RackS from the group buy.  I’m only missing 7 of the latest.

$50 - $15 (Jam Points) or $35 is a great price for:

- The Farm Stone Room Studio Reverb

- Joe Chiccarelli Vocal Strip

- FAME Studio Reverb

and two of

- TASCAM 388

- TASCAM Porta ONE

- TEAC A-3340S

- TEAC A-6100 MKII

Any suggestions for the tape emus?

Very tempting.

Not sure I can hold out for a MAXgrade to Total Studio 4 MAX.

Yeah. Plus VAT. I’m trying to work out if it’s cheaper to buy in $ from Audio Deluxe or use jam points and buy it in € direct from IK. 

4 minutes ago, MrFigg said:

Hahahaha. That’s the list of the ones I don’t have. Probably get the vocal strip and fame and farm stone becasue they’re the expensive ones. Then a couple of Tascams and then pick up the rest on a group buy using a free serial number you got somewhere. 

It seems like all the regulars here are in that boat.  Too bad there is no 7-pack.

• Haha 2

Think I'll maybe just get the 5 bundle from AudioDeluxe and get UVI Model D free. Thing is...Fame and Stone Room and Sunset studios or whetever it's called. Aren't they just Impulse responses in different wrappers?

1 hour ago, User 905133 said:

If someone were so inclined, a thesis could be written about the confusion.  Clever New Marketing Tool--CLENEMATOOL (not as "contagious" as CLAP).  😜 

Any marketing Ph.D. candidates looking for a dissertation topic?  

Confusion probably drives as many sales away as purchasing.   To work in marketing you have to be clueless about the area you are in.   

14 minutes ago, MrFigg said:

Think I'll maybe just get the 5 bundle from AudioDeluxe and get UVI Model D free. Thing is...Fame and Stone Room and Sunset studios or whetever it's called. Aren't they just Impulse responses in different wrappers?

Pretty sure theyre a mix of algo and IR which makes them so good, I use Sunset all the time and now my chance to get Fame

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, tom said:

Pretty sure theyre a mix of algo and IR which makes them so good, I use Sunset all the time and now my chance to get Fame

Yeah, Sunset is great. I just demoed the two other reverbs and they're nice too. Get the Vocal Strip just because. But I really don't know which two tapes to go for. I'll probably never use them anyway.

• Like 1