🔥 How Many Plugins Do You Presently Have Installed on Your Computer?

PavlovsCat

How many total plugins (effects and instruments) do you presently have installed?   

93 members have voted

1. 1. How many total plugins (effects and instruments) do you presently have installed?

• I have less than 100 plugins installed
    • I have 100 - 199 plugins installed
    • I have 200 - 299 plugins installed
    • I have 300 - 399 plugins installed
    • I have 400 - 499 plugins installed
    • I have 500 - 699 plugins installed
    • I have 700 - 999 plugins installed
    • I have more than 1,000 plugins installed

I swear I posted about having over 1400 plugins (per a plugin scan who knows what the actual is) somewhere publicly and was ridiculed.

I thought it was insane not to have at least 1000 if you have been at this for many years. 

The poll confirms my assumption that I'm in good company with way more than actually get used. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Brian Walton said:

I swear I posted about having over 1400 plugins (per a plugin scan who knows what the actual is) somewhere publicly and was ridiculed.

I thought it was insane not to have at least 1000 if you have been at this for many years. 

The poll confirms my assumption that I'm in good company with way more than actually get used. 

I can't imagine anyone here would ridicule you over having that many plugins. It's more of a bragging right here! When I did this poll, I was wondering how I'd compare, figuring a lot of us regulars had a lot. 

34 minutes ago, Brian Walton said:

Yes, good company indeed!

image.png.ef198d8c571381464c07c1fcf3a0b823.png

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Marc Cormier said:

Next question: What would your plugin count look like without Larry?  Asking for a friend.

I really want @cclarryto weigh in. Come on, please Larry.  But yeah, without Larry my Mazda would have been a Porsche. 

Okay, not really,  but I definitely would have spent less. That said, Larry, like everyone else, you know I'm super glad to have you back whether or not you post deals. You're a very important part of this place. 

Edited by PavlovsCat

53 minutes ago, Brian Walton said:

I remember on the old forum, a guy was complaining about a bug in Sonar that happened when having over 800 plugins installed. He got trampled badly in the comments. A few years back I checked own plugin count and almost started a a thread to apologize to that guy on our behalf.  Some of us treat no-brainers and freebies like Pokemon now. "Gotta catch em all" LOL!🤣....I blame Larry 😉

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

11 hours ago, Russell said:

Wish there was a way to print a list of installed plugins . . .

Steve Cook maintains a utility that does just that.

@mettelus, It's been a couple of major revisions since Meldaproduction forced installation of formats you don't want. They don't even make 32-bit versions of their plug-ins anymore. Get the 16.01 installer, it has a lot of really great updates:

image.png.86639af2d3847c102cc28c4010eb8f33.png

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

5 minutes ago, cclarry said:

Plugin count is VERY deceptive, and some plugins have "multiples" for different purposes,
which each gets counted as a plugin, when in reality, it's one plugin that has two or more
"types"...i.e..Mono and Stereo (just as an example)

Waves does a lot of that.

And the Ozone and RX Suites from iZotope have a lot of individual plugins that are all separate components. That's not the same thing as what Waves does, as each has its own function, but it still pumps the count up.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, abacab said:

Waves does a lot of that.

And the Ozone and RX Suites from iZotope have a lot of individual plugins that are all separate components. That's not the same thing as what Waves does, as each has its own function, but it still pumps the count up.

As does Acustica also

20 minutes ago, cclarry said:

Plugin count is VERY deceptive, and some plugins have "multiples" for different purposes,
which each gets counted as a plugin, when in reality, it's one plugin that has two or more

Awwww, I was hoping you'd post something silly. Come on, one silly post, pretty please? 

• Haha 2

I was only half joking when I asked how many plugins we'd have without Larry's help.  I have to say, one of the best parts of the forum experience - for me anyway - is when Larry finds a deal or a group buy that brings a lot of us together at the same time after finding true "no-brainer" deals that we all jumped on.  Like kids at Christmas.  Or the excitement of when he posted the announcement of the famous IK Group Buy from a few years ago.  That one finally made me understand what it means to be "Maxed out" without being a Max customer!!!

It's great to have you back, Larry.  I've said goodbye to my wallet so its OK now.

Edited by Marc Cormier

2 hours ago, cclarry said:

Wait...  You means there's Mono AND Stereo???!!!  😮