SSL X-Plugins Valentine's sale starting at $19.99

Craig N

SSL bringing out the big guns for Valentine's Day

Using the coupon code FEB2022 will give an extra discount (eg X-ValveComp is $18.98 with code), and you earn DeluxeBucks on purchase too.

https://www.audiodeluxe.com/brand/solid-state-logic?f[0]=bm_field_on_sale_now%3Atrue&solrsort=iss_commerce_price asc

Solid State Logic SSL Native X-Saturator $19.99 

Solid State Logic SSL Native X-ValveComp $19.99

Solid State Logic SSL Native X-Phase $24.99

Solid State Logic SSL Native X-Comp $29.99

Solid State Logic SSL Native X-EQ 2 $39.99

Solid State Logic SSL Native X-Echo $49.99

• Like 5
  • Thanks 5

If you buy 3 Plugins it's possibly good to check at SSL.

https://www.solidstatelogic.com/products/3-for-2-plug-ins

Buy three plug-ins and receive the cheapest FREE

SSL Plug-in's are often regarded as the best kept secret in audio production. To help spread the word we're offering a 3 for 2 custom plug-in bundle across the entire range. You could add some console style saturation, advanced dynamics processing or any of the console grade plug-ins within the SSL Native range and beyond to create your perfect custom bundle.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3
  • Great Idea 2

31 minutes ago, cclarry said:

Yep...$39.98 for 3 $19.99 plugins!

2 minutes ago, Fleer said:

But which 3?

I might be missing something but I think there are only 2 $20 plugins in the offer at SSL, so the best case is $45 to get X-Phase (i.e. $25 - assuing this works, wasn't on the landing page but is on the home page), Saturator, X-Valve Comp.

X-Comp $30

EQ2 is $40

SSL 3 for 2:

$19.99 SSL Native X-Saturator

$19.99 SSL Native X-ValveComp

$29.00 SSL Native X-Comp

$39.99 SSL Native X-EQ 2

$199.00 SSL Native Drumstrip

$279.00 SSL Native FlexVerb

$329.00 SSL Native Bus Compressor 2

$329.00 SSL Native Channel Strip 2

Purchased X-Saturator during recent sale.

Three lowest cost for me are 20 +30 + 40 = 90 - 20 = 70 for 3, or about $23 per

• Like 1

Is X-Phase @ $24.99 a part of SSL's 3 for 2 deal?

It isn't "officially" listed as an eligible product.

Did you place all 3 in your cart and see the 3-for-2 pricing?

EDIT --> Appears to work for plugins not "officially" listed. Added 25 + 30 + 40 = 95 - 25 = 70 BUT charging me 20% ($14) tax, for a total of $84 ?!

Edited by Bad Penguin

1 hour ago, Bad Penguin said:

Is X-Phase @ $24.99 a part of SSL's 3 for 2 deal?

It isn't "officially" listed as an eligible product.

Did you place all 3 in your cart and see the 3-for-2 pricing?

And is "X-Phase" actually any better than MFreeformPhase from Melda Production which is free?

Edited by Brian Walton

15 hours ago, Craig N said:

Solid State Logic SSL Native X-Phase $24.99

Solid State Logic SSL Native X-Echo $49.99

These are the only two I don't have. At audiodeluxe these would cost me $69.41 (with my measly $0.94 in DeluxeBucks, and points on my CC). So I went for it.

I have these.

2 hours ago, Bad Penguin said:

SSL Native X-Saturator

SSL Native X-ValveComp

SSL Native X-Comp

SSL Native X-EQ 2

SSL Native Drumstrip

SSL Native FlexVerb

SSL Native Bus Compressor 2

SSL Native Channel Strip 2

• Like 1

Pulled the trigger on:

SSL Native X-Comp

SSL Native X-EQ 2

SSL Native X-Phase

20% tax was removed by the time it came to actually pay.

Already own SSL Native X-Saturator & SSL Native Drumstrip, so I guess I am halfway "there" . . . hope I have enough GAS to continue . . .

• Great Idea 1
  • Haha 2

What significant other wouldn't want a nice plugin for Valentines Day?* Personally, I went with the more traditional route this year. 

They're stretching this Hallmark holiday a bit far with so many devs trying to make this about sales; they should stick to exploiting the birthdays, deaths and resurrections of religious figures to put plugins on sale.  On a related note, do any of us really anticipate our significant other will buy us a plugin or sample library for Valentine's Day or plan on buying their significant other a plugin or sample library?  Hint to Mrs. Fleer, get him the WUP, he really wants the WUP. 

*Please, do not try to make a double entendre out of this. It's way too obvious already. 

6 hours ago, Bad Penguin said:

Pulled the trigger on:

SSL Native X-Comp

SSL Native X-EQ 2

SSL Native X-Phase

20% tax was removed by the time it came to actually pay.

Already own SSL Native X-Saturator & SSL Native Drumstrip, so I guess I am halfway "there" . . . hope I have enough GAS to continue . . .

I heard people stealing gas up north ...

55 minutes ago, Zo said:

Anyone can comment on xphase ?

Is this just a one day sale? I'd be a lot more interested if I had a bet more time so that I could demo some of these.

I find many of the SSL video demos are great at just how little they actually show you.
For example XValveComp
No A/B comparison, no hearing it manipulating isolated tracks, just someone twiddling knobs over a mix I'm unfamiliar with.  
Edit: I've just watched it again and must conclude that the soundtrack is not tied to the actions shown.
If I don't get a chance to demo it, I'll probably pick it up anyway because of what I think it should do.

Re: XPhase - video demo sucks, I can't tell squat from it other than it has a pretty GUI.
"X-Phase can also be used to create a comb filter by applying a filtered signal to an unfiltered version of the same signal."
If this is a big selling point - then why no wet/dry mix control?
As an alignment tool if you're trying to align/fix the combination of 2 tracks you might be able to do wonders with it (providing you have the patience to manually dial everything in) but for combining / fixing multiple tracks - for example poorly done multimic'd drum tracks, I just can't see it working.

Edited by TheSteven