Gswitz

Solved (thanks!!) Can i buy an ad free forum experience?

Honestly, I can't see it generating a ton of revenue. Forums are traditionally not a great place to run ads -- too many views from too few unique users, and very few people actually click on the ads.  

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Amicus717 said:

Honestly, I can't see it generating a ton of revenue. Forums are traditionally not a great place to run ads -- too many views from too few unique users, and very few people actually click on the ads.  

Indeed - and some of these ads behave badly. You hear reports of some ads doing bit-coin mining in the background on your machine.

You can always install an ad blocker extension I guess.

Some ads are overlapping to the posts. So I can't read them.

Edited by HIBI
  • Like 1

Tons of adds periodically appear on top of posts, Firefox/Linux. Not consistent, re-opening the thread removed them.

PS. what people expect from "free" forum for "free" product?  Have you never played in F2P games? 😎

lets be perfectly real though, if this is what it takes to keep Cakewalk going, than im not opposed to it.

I don't particularly like it, but it beats paying 300 bucks for sonar every new version.

12 minutes ago, HIBI said:

Overlapping to the posts. It's a problem...

1892946844_overrapingads.jpg.4d93968a579172b9950de86d538c103f.jpg

I thought it was against forum rules to put ads in your posts. @Cactus Music should be admonished for this... Or paid.

• Like 1
  • Great Idea 1

3 hours ago, InstrEd said:

Windows Phone (yes I still use one)

You too!!! I still have my Lumia 950XL. But I went ahead and ordered a Galaxy S10 for me and the wife. Her's has shipped and will be here in few days. Mine may take a day or two longer.

Back to topic: I am on my Surface that uses a cell phone hotspot and I see ads. I see them everywhere. And they scare me.

(I hate ** ads)

Got loads of ads on my android tablet,  all from dear old Google, changed to Operea browser which has a built in add blocker, alls well now. Just hope it stays that way.

Roy

17 minutes ago, James G said:

Ads all over posts now. W10 desktop.  That'll kill this place for me.

Forum ads.jpg

I'm getting the same thing, James. I suspect it's a configuration problem with the site and the ad tags. For me, the obscuring ads are related to folks' signature. If you close their signature, it clears the banner away. At least, it did for me.

Edited by Amicus717

I'm still seeing no ads here.  I'm using a laptop and desktop with both Firefox and MSEdge.

Odd.

Edited by Skyline_UK
Typo.

Seeing them here on

ios sqfari

win8.1 firefox

That said, small price to pay for having Cakewalk free!