What are your favorite guitar solos?

The solo that to this day that still gives me chills is Badge by Cream. Simple yet pure perfection of a solo in a song.

And the bass in this song ain't half bad either.

Edited by Bapu
  • Like 3

I can not believe it took me this long to remember this song: 

Let It Rain, by Clapton. The opening riff alone is one of the greatest in rock. But at the 3:48 mark that lick Eric throws out there is the best rock lead ever... bar none!! There is so much feel in that solo. That is the greatest solo in rock history.

• Like 4

I'm a guitar player who loves Dave Gilmour and Mark Knopfler, and my guilty pleasure is 80s hair metal so I know a lot of solos - and this unlikely monster is my favorite.

Chances are you've heard this song but NOT the solo, as they chopped off the like 80% or so on the radio version. In the video go to 2 minutes and 38 seconds and be amazed by the ferocity and accuracy of this dude's bending and his right hand technique. He was machine on this thing - and it's a long solo!

• Like 4

37 minutes ago, smallstonefan said:

I'm a guitar player who loves Dave Gilmour and Mark Knopfler, and my guilty pleasure is 80s hair metal so I know a lot of solos - and this unlikely monster is my favorite.

Chances are you've heard this song but NOT the solo, as they chopped off the like 80% or so on the radio version. In the video go to 2 minutes and 38 seconds and be amazed by the ferocity and accuracy of this dude's bending and his right hand technique. He was machine on this thing - and it's a long solo!

My friend and I got to see them play in a small bar in California once.  We ended up sharing a table right in front of the band with this little older lady who was dancing and singing along to every song!  During the break, the lead guitarist came over and introduced us to her:  His Mom!  She had never missed a gig.  Very cool story. 😊

• Like 2

16 hours ago, Grem said:

I can not believe it took me this long to remember this song: 

Let It Rain, by Clapton. The opening riff alone is one of the greatest in rock. But at the 3:48 mark that lick Eric throws out there is the best rock lead ever... bar none!! There is so much feel in that solo. That is the greatest solo in rock history.

The whole Eric Clapton Album was and still is one of my all  time favorite records of his  .

Let It Rain

Kenny

PS  Carl Radle's Bass Part is absolutely  sublime and it  locked the songs groove down tight  😊

Edited by kennywtelejazz
  • Like 4