NI Guitar Rig updated to 7.01

cclarry

5 minutes ago, mettelus said:

GR 7 was surreptitiously embedded into iZotope's MPS 6 upgrade. Most of us had no clue it existed until folks started installing that.

Well ... it was mentioned in the text right below the headline on the front page 🤔

grafik.png.a904634a21176f79e85e17523d84ceee.png

Edited by audioschmaudio
  • Like 1

I can't get it installed. Current Native Access says it needs to be installed, installs it, says it was successful and then still lists it as installable.

I downloaded the single installer and get this error message. Guitar_Rig_7_Setup_PC_1mKLaQoXCk.png.7299bbaba0074f72a15dcd40866712bc.png

No files are copied to the directory indicated and it says it fails at the end.

SORRY; I already solved it. Took ownership of the %programData%\nastive instruments folder.

Edited by jim137
Solution

9 minutes ago, PavlovsCat said:

Just curious,  I don't have GR7, I'm still using GR6. Does GR7 load the user presets you made for GR6? 

Not directly for me.  I had to import them again (one by one) but they work after that.  No need to re-save after the import.  I only had 5 or 6 so it didn’t take any time.

• Thanks 1

I was playing around with GR7 today. Clicked on the presets, looked at the pane on the left and realized I had no clue about what to look for, and wasn't really sure I wanted to sift through a bunch of bs.... but a "Clean" tag caught my eye. I clicked it and that brought up some presets at the bottom.of the left pane.  One of the first few was a preset named "Michael's Favorite " or something close to that. I clicked on it because my name is Michael! Anyway, it sounded really good, clean and rich. Clicked on a few more and they all sounded great. I spent a good part of an hour and a half and only went through 4-5 presets!!

Yep... this might be a keeper.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Grem said:

I was playing around with GR7 today. Clicked on the presets, looked at the pane on the left and realized I had no clue about what to look for, and wasn't really sure I wanted to sift through a bunch of bs.... but a "Clean" tag caught my eye. I clicked it and that brought up some presets at the bottom.of the left pane.  One of the first few was a preset named "Michael's Favorite " or something close to that. I clicked on it because my name is Michael! Anyway, it sounded really good, clean and rich. Clicked on a few more and they all sounded great. I spent a good part of an hour and a half and only went through 4-5 presets!!

Yep... this might be a keeper.

So are you, Michael. 

• Haha 1

I've used Guitar Rig since v2, but I don't like the $99 upgrade price from 6. You had me @ $50, but $99 is just not enticing enough to upgrade at this point.

It also isn't in Komplete 14 (it may be in 15, who knows?).

Edited by hockeyjx

Most companies don't update bundles with products that have come out since the bundle came out.  That's why it is not in Komplete yet.

It is in the Izotope bundle because that is a new bundle and they are owned by the same company and some of the new features in GR7 comes from Izotope anyway.

Edited by Magic Russ
  • Thanks 1