iZotope Music Production Suite 6 is here - update from V5 for $41.16

ralfrobert

6 hours ago, fitzroy said:

I've been playing around with Guitar Rig 7 for the past couple of hours. Didn't expect anything from it, next to everything else I own and use, yet I came off pleasantly surprised. It's quite inspiring for cleanish ambiental stuff, with some very good effects, flexible modulation options, and a nice (and large) set of presets to get you tweaking. I counted it as zero added value as I went for the MPS6 upgrade, so it's quite a nice bonus. I never bothered with Guitar Rig 6, so I have no idea if this is a significant step-up?  

Guitar Rig 6 was a bit of a step up from version 5.  The new IRs made a huge difference to existing amps.  The ICM amps, Chicago, Fire Breather, Fire Eater (or whatever)  were improvements over the existing models.  Hopefully the new ICM Vox, Twin, and SLO models are also improvements over the old versions.

I'll also say I'm not typically a Fuzz Face fan, but the Red Fuzz has something special about it.  Hopefully the new Seattle fuzz is worthwhile.

One other thing about 6 was that it was the first version to include all of the "Pack" effects as well as a version of Replika. 

TLDR GR 6 made a lot of significant improvements over v5.  It looks like v7 continues to go in that direction.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Can anybody confirm, is it possible to upgrade from Music Production Suite 5.1 to 6 for JRR price $49.00?  Was anybody able to do it? Cause as I understand it's only for owners of 5.2 . BTW pluginboutique has the same price:

https://www.pluginboutique.com/products/11157?nosto=manufacturerpage-nosto-1

I didn't buy it in August and I have Music Production Suite 5.1 ...Thanks!

Edited by valhill

Sort of OT, but related... JRR had Nectar 3 Plus (for a new non-iZotope user) for $99, while the upgrade was listed as $79 last week. When the newer versions got released, that jumped back up to $249 and seems to have since disappeared (iZotope has always excelled at removing older versions), but errors from a 3rd party often absolve the buyer... and screen caps of invoices are always recommended just in case. I have only had one issue with a vendor in the past and the first thing they asked for was the invoice from the 3rd party vendor... I sent that, issue resolved, done deal.

That iZotope sale the last week of August had some statement on the iZotope site to the effect of "Buy Ozone 10 Advanced or Nectar 3 Plus and qualify for special pricing when the new version arrives!" That was the first time I have seen a blatant "new version" ad, but the overall execution was a bit haphazard (probably due to the merger).

Edited by mettelus
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, valhill said:

Can anybody confirm, is it possible to upgrade from Music Production Suite 5.1 to 6 for JRR price $49.00?  Was anybody able to do it? Cause as I understand it's only for owners of 5.2 . BTW pluginboutique has the same price:

https://www.pluginboutique.com/products/11157?nosto=manufacturerpage-nosto-1

I didn't buy it in August and I have Music Production Suite 5.1 ...Thanks!

Your mileage may vary. I upgraded from 5.1 to 6 using this deal just fine. JRR said NOTHING about 5.2 or any purchase date restrictions.

• Like 3

16 hours ago, mettelus said:

NA also came up that I had to repair a lot of stuff... Not overly happy there.

Well crap... the "repair" is because I obliterated all the aaxplugins... had to "repair" a few to see what this was from.

Side note: All three of these applications install the aaxplugins as well without asking (NI taking over iZotope changed the installers iZotope uses now). I was a bit shocked to see aaxplugins for every module from Nectar 4 and Ozone 11. Ugh.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, mettelus said:

Well crap... the "repair" is because I obliterated all the aaxplugins... had to "repair" a few to see what this was from.

Side note: All three of these applications install the aaxplugins as well without asking (NI taking over iZotope changed the installers iZotope uses now). I was a bit shocked to see aaxplugins for every module from Nectar 4 and Ozone 11. Ugh.

There is an option in the settings section of the Izotope Product Manager, Preferences>Custom Install, that gives you manual install options. Then you get the usual pop-up to install and can select "custom install" and deselect AAX.

Edit: I just started installing the new products and see that you are correct and that Izotope have decided to circumnavigate customer preferences. *sigh* Brilliant! Yet another reason to nab up Izotope alternatives and cut the cord from these complete and utter corporatized dregs of the industry.

Edited by Royal Yaksman
It's in the doing

37 minutes ago, Royal Yaksman said:

There is an option in the settings section of the Izotope Product Manager, Preferences>Custom Install, that gives you manual install options. Then you get the usual pop-up to install and can select "custom install" and deselect AAX.

But that’s much harder than going on forums and blaming Izotope for all your problems.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, jngnz said:

But that’s much harder than going on forums and blaming Izotope for all your problems.

Don't worry, the blaming still stands. Just edited my post. The new products just auto-install and ignore the custom setting in preferences. I nominate Izotope to become the new Bud Light.😜

At least this appears so for Ozone 11.

Edited by Royal Yaksman
Pinpointing the issue
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Fleer said:

Just read both threads. Then you’ll see. 

Are they still letting people buy the upgrade for $42?

Wonder how they will check if you purchased in Aug?

Just waking up and I have not read both threads

Edited by Grem
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, Grem said:

Are they still letting people buy the upgrade for $42?

Wonder how they will check if you purchased in Aug?

Just waking up and I have not read both threads

I guess you should be fine. It’s an educated guess, but still…

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Fleer said:

I guess you should be fine. It’s an educated guess, but still…

I have no worry about my already installed and being used version!! LOL

I was wondering if others can still jump in on this? Or did they really close that loop?

IOW, if you jump through the loop now, will you still get it or will you be denied? Maybe they left that loop open for exactly the reason you stated in that other thread (or was it this one?)... Izotope is getting new customers!!

IOW they are saying it's closed... but you can still get in. 

Anyone made a purchase today that didn't buy Ozone or Nector in Aug and still got the upgrade for $42?

Enquiring minds want to know!!

Edited by Grem
  • Like 2

11 hours ago, ralfrobert said:

I asked JRR support, no answer yet. 

TBH I wouldn't expect them to respond as any response may create a liability.
The verbiage is (now) on their web pages to cover their keisters should iZotope/NI not be happy with out of scope users buying it.
And verbiage itself technically answers the question.

Yes either JRR or iZotope could have coded things to prevent out of scope users from either purchasing (please enter your MPS serial number to check if you qualify, etc.) or installing it but neither did probably because it's a friggin headache to do so and often has issues.

Edited by TheSteven
  • Like 3
  • Great Idea 2