Introducing Cakewalk Next and our new brand identity

1 minute ago, DeeringAmps said:

And that answers all your concerns and questions concerning "value", doesn't it?

t

They do, but I'm more interested in answers about "price" atm. I don't think I can buy a Cakewalk license with values which aren't of the "monetary" kind.

Edited by Bruno de Souza Lino

Oh come one! Stop asking about the price, people! Yes, it's important to know, but we'll get to know when they announce it. In the meantime, just be patient. We'll know.  What's the hurry?

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, Alan Tubbs said:

bandlab gave us 5 years of free updates on a free DAW

Exactly!

A quick search of QuickBooks tells me I have approximately $2356 invested starting at Cakewalk Pro 3.0.
$107.51 for the "Lifetime" updates. (odd number, but that's what QB shows.)
Using CbB for FREE for 5 years has certainly "paid" that debt (that was Henry's, not Meng's responsibility)

IF you plan to NEVER pay for SONAR as you were f**d by Henry, well we "get it", but please go and "troll" elsewhere!

That is all...

t

• Like 15

6 minutes ago, DeeringAmps said:

Exactly!

A quick search of QuickBooks tells me I have approximately $2356 invested starting at Cakewalk Pro 3.0.
$107.51 for the "Lifetime" updates. (odd number, but that's what QB shows.)
Using CbB for FREE for 5 years has certainly "paid" that debt (that was Henry's, not Meng's responsibility)

IF you plan to NEVER pay for SONAR as you were f**d by Henry, well we "get it", but please go and "troll" elsewhere!

That is all...

t

53 minutes ago, cclarry said:

I think we need to relearn that people are entitled to their opinion.
If you want to buy the new Sonar then buy it!
If you don't then don't!

You're welcome to express your reasons why!

BUT...

Don't expect others to feel the same way that you feel,
or berate them because they don't feel the same way you do!

• Like 1

something that just popped into my head is like in the past, going towards a pay model for Sonar now, does that mean they will have to bring back tech support to help people through their issues with Cakewalk???

Of course, if a company is going to offer Tech support, then that's going to be more money they will need to hire people to answer the phones...

Not worried at all ..    I've enjoyed years of using a free DAW thanks to Meng  , and support from the Bakers and everyone on this forum !

I guess in the future we'll have to ask "do you mean CbB , Cakewalk Next , or Cakewalk Sonar ??                ms

Edited by mark skinner
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

24 minutes ago, Einstein R said:

something that just popped into my head is like in the past, going towards a pay model for Sonar now, does that mean they will have to bring back tech support to help people through their issues with Cakewalk???

Of course, if a company is going to offer Tech support, then that's going to be more money they will need to hire people to answer the phones...

The have tech support now, either by submitting a ticket HERE or mailing support@cakewalk.com but they obviously need to keep paying these people moving forward...

• Like 3

The main issue with subscriptions is that they are frequently set too high, and they are a pain in butt if you don't remember to update billing info.

AVID wants way too much for any version of Pro-Tools.

Reaper is probably the best bargain next to Cakewalk.

Cubase is probably fairly priced.

Ableton Live is a little high.

I would hope that BandLab offers current users and Gibson victims an upgrade deal.

One issue that I would like to see addressed is education.

BandLab needs to reach out to schools to create courses that would use CakeWalk.

(Berklee I'm looking at you)

Edited by dragos
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, dragos said:

The main issue with subscriptions is that they are frequently set too high, and they are a pain in butt if you don't remember to update billing info.

AVID wants way too much for any version of Pro-Tools.

Reaper is probably the best bargain next to Cakewalk.

Cubase is probably fairly priced.

Ableton Live is a little high.

I would hope that BandLab offers current users and Gibson victims an upgrade deal.

One issue that I would like to see addressed is education.

BandLab needs to reach out to schools to create courses that would use CakeWalk.

(Berklee I'm looking at you)

You left off Harrison's Mixbus 32C. MSRP $349 but typically on sale for from $149 to $179.

2 hours ago, Terry Kelley said:

I said want. And it's not impossible but certainly unlikely. And if I disconnect from the internet Windows will continue to work even if it never connects again. The fact that companies do it now doesn't mean it's desirable.

Get ready, your heated seats, remote start and entertainment system in your car will be subscription.

Want.

My car is already subscription (OnStar). If I want remote access to it or to check stats, I have to pay $15 a month :)
I got a few years of free access when I bought it. Actual appliances have already gone this way. 
The classic 90's software model of paying for a specific version has changed many years ago whether we like it or not. As I mentioned in another thread, back in the day we had a hybrid model where you could do either pay as you go or buy that years version outright. It worked pretty well and satisfied most users needs.
While we haven't baked the final details I think Cakewalk's offering will be a pretty compelling value even compared to other DAW's. Obviously not free...

• Like 13
  • Thanks 3

Been a customer since 2001 and after Gibson sort of unceremoniously dumped all of us (AFTER “cashing the check“ as it were)  I tried to learn another DAW (I think it was Studio One - and I did not dig it).  Imagine my happy surprise when @Meng contacted all of us and said they would be continuing to develop our beloved DAW and that @Noel Borthwick was still involved.

Five awesome years later with LOTS of free updates I can’t thank Bandlab enough.  And now that we will have a “pay-for” version I’m onboard 10000%.  I’ve had the opportunity to troubleshoot an  issue on Zoom with @Noel Borthwick and the fact that he loves and takes great pride in this DAW came out clearly.

We are in good hands, folks, and I’m looking forward to seeing the next iteration or iterations.

• Like 5