Gwyneth Paltrow's Fanny Candle Explodes
London, 18 Jan 2021
A fanny*-scented candle by Gwyneth Paltrow exploded into flames causing an “inferno” in a woman’s living room.
Jody Thompson, 50, won the risque product sold by the Hollywood star and wellness guru in an online quiz. The candle is described on Gwyneth’s Goop site as “funny, gorgeous, sexy and beautifully unexpected”.
But Jody was taken by surprise after lighting it when a 50cm flame leapt from the candle and out of the glass jar. The media consultant told The Sun: “The candle exploded and emitted huge flames, with bits flying everywhere. I’ve never seen anything like it. The whole thing was ablaze and it was too hot to touch. There was an inferno in the room.”
Jody who lives with partner David Snow in Kilburn, North London, said: “We eventually got it under control and threw it out the front door. It could have burned the place down. It was scary at the time, but funny looking back that Gwyneth’s fanny candle exploded in my living room.”
* The British usage.