Native Instruments Summer of Sound Sale

Wallace Ng

3 hours ago, PavlovsCat said:

I don't think there was anything in the list I didn't have that I wanted. Although I'm always open to suggestions.

The channel strips are pretty good. I quite like the Focusrite one, but I've seen the AMEK get lots of praise (I personally haven't tried it). The Shadow Hills are pretty good on the master bus (make sure you activate the sidechain to let the lows go thorough if its pumping). I've seen praise for the elysia alpha compressor too.

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, antler said:

For anyone still waiting for their PA vouchers, NI are probably just inundated right now. I just received an email from NI with my PA vouchers; I bought from Best Service a week ago.

Voucher arrived.

20230602_091032.thumb.jpg.1f66001b36dfa5b623928fd772742130.jpg

• Like 1

On 5/26/2023 at 5:24 AM, telecode 101 said:

In my case, I am only interested in Kontakt 7 and Guitar Rig 6. My upgrade price to K14U is around $250. If I just upgrade the items I want, its around $120. One of the new Kontakt libs I got, the Kareem Riggins uses uses K7. I run it through player.

How does that new Kareem Riggins compare?

1 hour ago, locrian said:

Do the $29 NI-PA vouchers have expiration dates?

I'd like to hold mine -- when they actually arrive -- until the next $20 no-minimum-spend PA vouchers are sent out so as to stack them.

Given the limited list of (routinely better discounted) products available for use with the voucher and PA's general sale practices, even stacking the two will likely land you where you pretty much might have been otherwise/cost-wise in a different sale/voucher setting.

That said, my voucher expires 12/31/24.

Edited by Anxiousmofo
  • Thanks 1

44 minutes ago, Anxiousmofo said:

Given the limited list of (routinely better discounted) products available for use with the voucher and PA's general sale practices, even stacking the two will likely land you where you pretty much might have been otherwise/cost-wise in a different sale/voucher setting.

That said, my voucher expires 12/31/24.

My plan is to stack the $29 NI-PA voucher with a $20 no-limit PA voucher to pick-up something like The Oven for only $9.  Assuming that's possible, I don't think I can achieve that with typical PA vouchers alone.

11 hours ago, antler said:

Sorry for being OT, but what effect/filter did you use to mangle the codes in that screenshot? It looks like a pixelation, but not.

Mosaic can be done quickly and easily with MS Paint😄

• Thanks 1

Quick OT reply -- I didn't make the pixelated image above, but wanted to add that the app Irfanview is free and has a multitude of effects to apply to images.   It also has an effects browser, where you can select a section (like a serial #) and test various effects on it and with varying intensities.  It's also my preferred image viewer for numerous reasons.  I have no association with them, but have used it for many years.

• Thanks 1

On 6/1/2023 at 12:52 PM, kitekrazy said:

Komplete doesn't erase previous version of Kontakt.   On my system Kontakt 5,6, 7 are installed.  Each on has a different icon.  Kontakt 6 was called Kontakt.

Yes, and that's very important.  I had one  instrument ( I don't remember which one) which didn't load into Kontakt 6, so it was nice to have Kontakt 5 available.  

4 hours ago, locrian said:

My plan is to stack the $29 NI-PA voucher with a $20 no-limit PA voucher to pick-up something like The Oven for only $9.  Assuming that's possible, I don't think I can achieve that with typical PA vouchers alone.

That's my point.  Great plan (I had it too), but the Oven isn't on the list.  The list is all stuff you would get for the same price anyway during one of their other sales using the standard sale pricing and a monthly voucher or the occasional no minimum voucher. In some cases you may more at the NI $29 "discount" starting point, minus a no minimum voucher, than you would  using a no-minimum voucher during another sale.

Edited by Anxiousmofo
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, Anxiousmofo said:

That's my point.  Great plan (I had it too), but the Oven isn't on the list.  The list is all stuff you would get for the same price anyway during one of their other sales using the standard sale pricing and a monthly voucher or the occasional no minimum voucher. In some cases you may more at the NI $29 "discount" starting point, minus a no minimum voucher, than you would  using a no-minimum voucher during another sale.

Yep. That was my point in my post earlier in the thread. Both the PA and NI vouchers are not of much value to me. I already own everything that interests me that is included on the PA list -- and, as you wrote -- you can get a better deal on that stuff during sales anyhow and the NI voucher is only good for items when they're not on sale, so if you you can find something that is $50 USD or less and not on sale, it's equivalent to a 50% or better sale. But right now, when NI is having big sales, everything that interests me is already on sale and the e-voucher isn't usable on sale items. So, like many have said in the past, there's really not much value to either voucher for me and many others. 

Edited by PavlovsCat
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Anxiousmofo said:

That's my point.  Great plan (I had it too), but the Oven isn't on the list. 

Hmm.  I was foolish for thinking that the verbiage "Get any PA plugin for only $29.99" in the ad below meant that I could get any PA plugin for only $29.99.

image.png.1b5748087ec261f5d9846cec66f5b32b.png

• Like 1

On 5/25/2023 at 9:34 AM, TW5011 said:

One potential way to save more money on this is with Sweetwater, if you're willing to wait.  In recent years, they sold gift cards on Father's Day for 10% off, which could then be applied to this upgrade.  They also have in years past discounted the upgrade during GearFest during June.

However, with the new owners, there are no guarantees.  GearFest is mostly just an online two-day sale now, and who knows if the gift card sale will happen.  (And be sure to check the terms of the gift card, in case they exclude anything.)

Just to clarify on this, Sweetwater is again offering the 10% deal on gift cards for Father's Day, however, they have changed it up.  They used to give the 10% added to the gift card, but now the bonus 10% is in the form of Bonus Bucks, which has its own set of limitations.  Not only are a few brands excluded (including Native Instruments), but "Bonus Bucks cannot be combined with any other special offers, including sale, promotional or clearance items."  So that greatly limits their potential.  They also expire after 60 days.  So the deal isn't as good as it was previously.  However, if there is something you're wanting to buy at normal price that would become free or very low cost with the Bonus Bucks you'd get, then it could still be a good deal.  But unfortunately it's not as good as it was previously.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 4 weeks later...

I'm waiting for NI to reply to my inquiry about Machine software. I purchased a Maschine Mikro second hand but the seller doesn't respond to my request to transfer the registration of the serial (he said he would do it, but after weeks and repeated reminders there is nothing but silence).

I hope that if I register it or at least get some confirmation from NI that I indeed own the product now, I can get the Maschine basic software for free. If I have to buy it, so be it. But it's 34,50 at this moment. I rather not find out that I have to purchase it seperately while waiting for them to answer me and the price doubling.