EZkeys2 !!!!!

simon

1 hour ago, Fleer said:

And what about third party sellers? Used to get my Toontrack fix from Time+Space and Best Service. The former’s gone, the latter survives, but would they carry EZKeys 2 and add-ons?

Yes but maybe they will have a TTUP fee added.

• Great Idea 1
  • Haha 1

On 4/3/2023 at 8:29 AM, LAGinz said:

I’ve agonized over the update deals on Studio One 5-6 and Izotope Whatever to Whatever Plus, both of which are pretty core for what I do. Really worth it? No hesitation here. New features look absolutely worth  the pre-order price.

I tend to stay away from TT despite its high quality.  Their eco system gets bloated and expensive.  I can understand that for SD 3 but their addons for other instruments gets expensive.  

I’m in. For all its ancient shortcomings, EK1 is a core to my songwriting. I play piano and have a working understanding of music theory, but I simply can’t play what I hear in my head (a man has to recognize his limitations!) 

EK2 is a quantum leap — which it should be after a decade(?) of development stagnation. Given EK1, I CAN’T WAIT!

A bonus is a beautifully recorded grand piano as part of the package. 

• Like 2

I have EZD3 and SD2.  Looks like a good time to leap into EZKeys. Please share suggestions for a best first purchase for EZ Keys. Looking for best value and sounds, as in size of library and useful sounds. Are there any no-brainers to start off with.

Also wonder if getting a bigger package is more value. It is a little confusing cyphering the sound expansions etc..

Thank you for the recommendations in advance. 🙂

38 minutes ago, Hill62 said:

I have EZD3 and SD2.  Looks like a good time to leap into EZKeys. Please share suggestions for a best first purchase for EZ Keys. Looking for best value and sounds, as in size of library and useful sounds. Are there any no-brainers to start off with.

Also wonder if getting a bigger package is more value. It is a little confusing cyphering the sound expansions etc..

Thank you for the recommendations in advance. 🙂

Everyone is different in the approach, but honestly don't care about the built in sounds (none of them are world class) but simply use the brain to drive other VSTs.

The approach I'd tend to suggest taking is if you plan to use this to build out ideas, what instruments/sounds would you want to preview things with?  Then once you have ideas together you drag to other instrument tracks or route the midi output.  Thus something like a classic electric or grand piano can be a good "preview" instrument, where a mellotron is a really specific sound (and more of an expansion choice, IMO).  At ~$80 for one instrument expansion - they certainly are not a "go to" for me to expand the sounds of the product.   The value for me personally is in the engine.

It almost sounds like they are going to make the MIDI package broader in 2 which is a free upgrade.  

The Add On Mini Packs I think are where to be more strategic about it.  These are what can help fuel the creativity and ideas.

Edited by Brian Walton
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Fleer said:

Dang. Got an unused instrument expansion serial but no instrument to spend it on. 
Toontrack support is not helpful. At all. 

I have 3. I suspect they will start creating new instrument expansions soon after release. Makes cents to do so.

I only have 1 EZKeys MIDI serial left. Prices at Thomann have risen since my last purchase. Time to $tock up. 

Edited by Bapu
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, Bapu said:

I have 3. I suspect they will start creating new instrument expansions soon after release. Makes cents to do so.

I only have 1 EZKeys MIDI serial left. Prices at Thomann have risen since my last purchase. Time to $tock up. 

Let's see if Best Service will do an Easter Egg Hunt this year again with $20  off of a $100 Cart

• Like 1
  • Great Idea 2