A Tour of Sweetwater

cclarry

Awesome, it would take me more than a month to cover the entire showroom. Their customer service is second to none. They will call you personally to see how you are doing with you purchase or if you need any new gear or equipment. I have been a long time customer of Sweetwater. Nice tour video.

• Like 3

Looks pretty cool.  I used to get catalogs from B&H photo and video all the time. So once while visiting NY, I ditched my friends and took a cab there.  I was so exited. I walked in and was the worst experience ever. Not a single instrument or audio recording equipment was displayed.  Just bunch of cameras and general electronics like stereos. I expected it to be just like the sweetwater video. It was a Music Store catfish hahah

• Haha 1

Me and a couple of friends went to Sweetwater a few months ago (we drove down from Michigan).  It was great!  My Sales Engineer met us and spent a couple of hours showing us around.  We got to see all the sales areas and the studios, performance theater, warehouse area.  We finished off by having lunch at the cafeteria.

It was a really nice day.  Unfortunately I did not pick up any toys while I was there (not that there wasn't  a lot of temptation).  My wife told me that if I brought anything home, I better have gotten free!   LOL

Syphus

• Like 1

My sales-engineer for ~25 years was Stewart Hisey.

He recently retired...

I feel like an abandoned gear-addict.   😁

Sweetwater is ~6-hours round-trip for me.

I've made the trek numerous times the past couple of years.

If you're going to make the journey any time soon, check to make sure the desired gear is in-stock.

Edited by Jim Roseberry
  • Like 2

My experience with Sweetwater has not been good.  As a matter of fact, I purposely try to avoid them because of my experiences.  When I first purchased from them, I was assigned a "Sales Engineer" whose sole purpose seemed to try to upsell me.  In addition, he (quite honestly) didn't know a thing about synths (and I'm a synth guy).   It didn't really matter much to me, as I do my own research.    A year or two later, my wife and I decided to take a little vacation and head to Cedar Point in Ohio, then head to Nebraska for a few days.  I had heard amazing things about the place, so I talked my wife into driving a few hours out of the way to stop by.  I made contact with my SE, and we set a time for me to visit.  I reconfirmed with him the day before.

We arrived at the appointed time, and went in and asked the receptionist for him.  She told me that he wasn't there, and should be back in a bit.   I wasn't really happy, but  I figured something may have come up, and he would be back.  We waited around for two hours, just sitting on our thumbs.  No one else there bothered to say anything to us, apologize, or anything.  I was pissed.   We finally just left.

I emailed him that night, and the next day I received an email back from him that said he forgot.  No apology, nothing.   A few weeks later, I tracked down someone else at Sweetwater and asked for a new SE.  This guy was not happy that I was asking for someone else, even though I expressed all my issues with "my guy."

Since that time, I've been bounced around to a handful of SEs, and not a one of them has really taken any interest.

Like I said, I purposely avoid Sweetwater if possible.

• Sad 2