SSL X Saturator

cclarry

13 hours ago, Jacques Boileau said:

Anyone know how it compares to IK's Saturator-X?

bump!! ^^ anyone?? I am a big fan and user of IKM Saturator-X. It seems though, this is just a saturator. IKM Sat-X does a lot more than just saturator.

Edited by telecode 101
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, telecode 101 said:

anyone??

So I won’t be much help because I tried to buy this forgetting I already got it last round in 2020 when it was also $19 haha.  But I’ll answer it this way.  I have not regretted buying any of the ssl plugins at $19 as all sound amazing. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

3 minutes ago, kevin H said:

So I won’t be much help because I tried to buy this forgetting I already got it last round in 2020 when it was also $19 haha.  But I’ll answer it this way.  I have not regretted buying any of the ssl plugins at $19 as all sound amazing. 

^^^^THIS!

• Like 1

It's good. Different animal than Sat-X. If you have it, put it before the SSL Channel Strip as that doesn't emulate the input transformers (at least I don't think so as the input gain doesn't introduce harmonics) and Bob's yer uncle. Wide range of very usable saturation.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

4 hours ago, cclarry said:

I am hoping this goes on sale on the Solid State Logic website so my purchase will be registered with them. 
If not,  I will wait until the last day of the sale to purchase from Audio Deluxe

Thanks Larry,  👍

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, jesse g said:

I am hoping this goes on sale on the Solid State Logic website so my purchase will be registered with them. 
If not,  I will wait until the last day of the sale to purchase from Audio Deluxe

Thanks Larry,  👍

You save a dollar by buying at Audio Deluxe and get the free license for Ozone 9 Elements

• Thanks 1

This one is good!  I got it back in 2020 and DO use it.  I haven't used IK's much since I just got it in last year's Group Buy.  But I'm a saturator collector. For reference, my 2 most used saturators are  Kush's Omega TWK and Nembrini's  Lofi.  Next in line would be the SSL. (At least that's how they rate these days.)  But different flavors for all the them.  :)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

dang, this one might just be irresistible! I've been so good lately too...

ETA: It is a little wonky that there is no way to add my previous purchases to my SSL account. I know they're attached to iLok, but still...

Edited by RSMcGuitar
  • Like 3