Moon Over Gotham

Rico Belled

Hey Guys,

Here's a nice one from Keiko Matsui and us poor out-of-work musicians recording from home! My track was of course done with Cakewalk by Bandlab, mixed and mastered by Jimmy with software that shan't be mentioned 😉 Hope ya like it!

• Like 4

So Hot, such talent . . . in the words of Moby "I would stand in line for this" . . . in fact, I would pay some money for this, hopefully you are getting remunerated for this somehow . . . OK, I will do the search and support some amazing "out of work" musicians, that should never happen with talent like this . . . glad you've kept the music alive, and I'm also curious about the technology that makes this all "live" online . . . with seamless video ?  Maybe this is the future.

Wow guys! Thanks for all the kind words! Let me answer the questions in backwards order:

9 hours ago, David Sprouse said:

I wont stand in line for anything but maybe food, but this is really a great piece.  So *in-the-pocket* for being recorded over the internet(s). How did y'all meet eachother?

Keiko has been at this for a LONG time. I actually did a tour with her back in 2000, and then after my Ripps buddy Dave Karasony got the gig in 2011 or so, the bassist who took over for me in 2000 moved on and recommended me in 2013. JP took over not long after that from Grecco, and Jimmy came in the picture when Carlitos del Puerto produced an album for Keiko. We have now been her touring band for 3 years or so!

16 hours ago, noynekker said:

So Hot, such talent . . . in the words of Moby "I would stand in line for this" . . . in fact, I would pay some money for this, hopefully you are getting remunerated for this somehow . . . OK, I will do the search and support some amazing "out of work" musicians, that should never happen with talent like this . . . glad you've kept the music alive, and I'm also curious about the technology that makes this all "live" online . . . with seamless video ?  Maybe this is the future.

The 'live' moniker  is a little misleading here. We did not play live together, but other than the guitar overdubs, we did all play one take, then sent the files to Jimmy who put it together. Once this pandemic subsides come see a live show! We've got stuff booked!

R

7 minutes ago, Mesh said:

Excellent track Rico!! Would love to see you guys live....in FLORIDA! ;) 

Thank! We will be in Florida FOR SURE, we play all over the state every year. Lately at the Boca Black Box Theater, Jacksonville jazz fest was booked, also in the panhandle sometimes... where are you located?

R

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mesh said:

I'm in the Orlando area.....Jacksonville isn't too far from here. When will you be there?

Only gig in Florida with the band on the calendar right now is November 10th and 11th in Boca Raton. Keiko is doing Daytona Beach before that, but I believe that's with the festival house band. You can see her schedule at www.keikomatsui.com; normally I do keep my website current, although right now all bets are off and shows are still being cancelled as far ahead as July so ......

• Thanks 1

Rico - Fantastic work with Kaiko Matsui. It's been many years since I've seen her band Live, hope to again soon, hope to see you then as well. That is my forte style of music, and I am really glad such talented folks are keeping it alive and well and carrying it forward. SWEET !

• Like 1