Spitfire A new LABS is coming

cclarry

Uh-oh.... This does not sound like the Labs we have gotten in the past which were always free.

Here's what the website says:

"We have built something special for you.

Have your say, get a free trial and discounted early access by joining the waitlist."

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

I'm going to download all the free Labs instruments as a lot of them are great ... just in case. I can't handle any more subscriptions and use a Virtual Credit Card for any trials or "50% off" 1-year subscriptions (that I'd be more inclined to keep at the discounted price) - that way, when they try to "automatically" renew, the charge fails.

• Great Idea 3

15 hours ago, cclarry said:

Join the waitlist

https://www.labscommunity.com/

That landing page reminds me of the TV ads for the Infinity car brand that ran for a year before their launch with no cars in them, just scenery seen through a windshield. Except that the landing page looks like it was made with an 8-bit Atari running Basic. That's so "special".

church-lady-snl.jpg?w=1200&h=0&zc=1&s=0&

Edited by John Maar
  • Great Idea 1

20 hours ago, dubdisciple said:

Please refrain from political talk. One of the best things about this forum is it has remained politic free for the most part

Surprised this hasn't been locked yet,  Never hurts for people to edit their posts to avoid such things. 

21 hours ago, Michael A.D. said:

Uh-oh.... This does not sound like the Labs we have gotten in the past which were always free.

Here's what the website says:

Have your say, get a free trial and discounted early access by joining the waitlist."

Hmmm......maybe in the direction of Musio and Composer Cloud.  If that is the case it's not really a bad thing, Then again...........

If I' m wrong

It's statements like this that deserve the middle finger salute.

Ya know, if the DO go with a subscription like EW or Musio, I’m not sure I’d be disappointed.  There are a LOT of Spitfire libraries I’d love to check out but I’m not about to drop a ton of money to find out and hope it’s what I want.  If I could test them for a month or two, that would be awesome.    And if the price is right for a sub, maybe I’d try it for a year.  But if the sub is just for Labs, then no, not interested.

23 hours ago, Esteban Villanova said:

They fired their most visionary co-founder for refusing to cave to the woke mob...

This isn't the place to voice political / anti LGBTQ views.

Also,  you got the whole thing wrong. Henson has a child who is transgender and tweeted a myth that re assignment surgery is happening to young children. That's factually untrue.  The term "woke"  is a long time African-American slang term referring to people being aware and empathetic to the injustices of others. A mob never formed against Henson. Leaders in the LGBTQ community asked for a discussion.  Henson refused and quit. Spitfire has LGBTQ employees and that was clearly an issue. 

There's no woke mob. Leave your politics and intolerance off this forum, please. There are forum members of all races, ethnicities, nationalities, political views, genders and sexual orientations and all deserve to be treated with respect, not intolerance.  You might not like people who are different from you, but you don't have the right to make this forum hostile to those people. 

Edited by PavlovsCat
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 2
  • Meh 1

2 minutes ago, Esteban Villanova said:

I'm not going to read your enormous whines. Move on.

Report this individual, folks.  Two policy violations. A political/bigoted post and then an inflammatory post against another member. We are responsible for ensuring this remains a friendly,  civil forum. This individual serially does not represent those values. 

Edited by PavlovsCat
  • Thanks 2
  • Meh 1