2024.02 Feedback

I noticed that TTS-1 will be no longer installed in the future.

Would it be possible to copy the TTS-1 folder from C:\Program Files\Cakewalk\Shared DXi (for a future installation) and follow the instructions found in this page?

Thanks,

Giorgio

Edited by Giorgio Gabriel

On 2/23/2024 at 4:45 PM, CSistine said:

Offline authorization does not work here!

I have a lot of trouble with the BandLab logins!

• With my previous user I had the problem that my display name changed back when I signed out and then signed in again! And unfortunately the number of changes for this one is limited in time! That's why I created a new user to solve this problem. So far so good!
  • Lately when I signed out of discuss.cakewalk.com with my new user (Sistine), I couldn't log in again. It said the password is wrong. After a lot of time I found out, that there is another user on the Bandlab site that uses Sistine as user or display name and if I entered only the display name it chose the wrong user entry. To cut a long story short: If I had used my email address for the user login, then it worked and I was in in the forum again. Oh my God!
  • Now, knowing that my short user name does not work, I have correctly used the full email address as user name in the offline auth request. But it seems that the new Product Center uses internally the short name, so it displays a wrong user name as signed in, although I used the whole email in the browser login and that worked successful. When I try to authorize the offline request it says the user does not match, but I have entered exactly the same string!

It is very annoying!!!

It would appear that there may be some issue with your actual bandlab account. 
When you requested offline activation did you enter exactly the same user name as the one you used when you signed in from within product center?
If you PM me your account details I may be able to see whats going on.

• Thanks 1

On 2/24/2024 at 4:12 AM, dsurkin said:

Please forgive me if this is the wrong place for this question. Product Center 051 shows that I do not have Melodyne Essential 1.0.0.7 installed. However, over the years I've updated Melodyne to Essential version 5. If I select download on the Cakewalk Product Center, is this going to install an earlier version of Melodyne? Or is version 1.0.0.7 later than Essential version 5?

If you have Melodyne 5 installed, then you would (should) have updated from Celemony themselves.

I have Melodyne Studio 5.3.1.018 and this is the latest version.  I intend to ignore the version from Cakewalk Product Centre.

Melodyne updates are done from the Melodyne GUI itself and are handled by Celemony..

The Cakewalk Product Centre version would be for those who do not have any version of Melodyne installed and want to run the trial.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I just installed 2042.02 on my offline studio computer, and after an entire afternoon of battling Bandlab about the actual text of my username on their site, I actually got it activated and operating.

And it runs flawlessly on my trusty Core I8 powered XPS8500.

The details of the user name debacle are here :

I must assume that my problems with the user name stem from my usage of my email address to log in to Bandlab.

YMMV.

Anyway, it's flying now and I'm looking forward to Cakewalk SONAR when it re-appears.

ADVthanksANCE to all whose efforts on my behalf are sincerely appreciated.

-Jack (running great in Central Texas)

Win 8.1 Installation via CPC hung for ages at "Installing MS edge webview" window.  Not a new problem in my experience, so as previously I binned that window via Task manager and the installation finished. Unlike when it happened before, this time I was left with a "not activated" version which I got around by using the offline activation. Doesn't bother me in the slightest, just mentioning here it in case it's a problem that needs solving for anyone else.

Edited by paulo

• 2 weeks later...

I was surprised to get this message today  while using Cakewalk 2024.02 build 098, 64-bit. It's all Dutch to me 🙂.

image.png.1a47da1e700ce5107a9a8273a35d7f4d.png

My language settings are exclusively English as far as I know. The exact circumstances that trigger the surprise message seem to be:

• when trying to upload to Bandlab and choosing upload options that include audio tracks or mix-down, when neither are present.

1 hour ago, MarkP said:

I was surprised to get this message today  while using Cakewalk 2024.02 build 098, 64-bit. It's all Dutch to me 🙂.

image.png.1a47da1e700ce5107a9a8273a35d7f4d.png

My language settings are exclusively English as far as I know. The exact circumstances that trigger the surprise message seem to be:

• when trying to upload to Bandlab and choosing upload options that include audio tracks or mix-down, when neither are present.

Ik kan je vertellen ( I can tell you), dat het 100% geen Nederlands is (it's not Dutch for a 100%). 😁

• Like 1

On 3/17/2024 at 11:55 AM, jeejeestudio said:

Ik kan je vertellen ( I can tell you), dat het 100% geen Nederlands is (it's not Dutch for a 100%). 😁

🤣 Ek kan vir jou vertel, (I can tell you) dit het 100% geen Afrikaans ook in. (Its not afrikaans either.)  🤣 

Edited by Will.
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

To take advantage of the translation theme. I installed it to test the new SONAR and realized that many screens still remain untranslated into my language (Portuguese). Is this true or not?
I post it here in this topic, as there are already so many topics about the new SONAR version that it is quite confusing to follow.

Edited by Milton Sica

After updating to this version, my cwp files don't produce any sound.

On the last track, there is an output property on the arranger, when set to master, no sound is heard, when set to speakers high definition audio device, the sound can be heard for that track only. 

No other tracks play sound as the output property cannot be changed.

What has happened and how do I fix this please?

Master.png

Edited by Bob Halilovic

18 minutes ago, Bob Halilovic said:

After updating to this version, my cwp files don't produce any sound.

On the last track, there is an output property on the arranger, when set to master, no sound is heard, when set to speakers high definition audio device, the sound can be heard for that track only. 

No other tracks play sound as the output property cannot be changed.

What has happened and how do I fix this please?

Master.png

What's the output of your Master bus set to?

Master bus output is set to Speakers (4 - High definition Audio Device)

I just noticed this only happens with stand alone CWP files and not to CWP files in a project folder, with those, each track points to Master and that property is selectable for each track, The Master track points to Speakers (4 - High definition Audio Device) and everything seems to work correctly.

I will try creating a new project and copying everything across.

Same here after installing 2024.02, except now half of my tracks don't play any sound. All are on Master. I am NOT a newbie. It's definitely a 2024.02 thing. All tracks played fine on the previous version. If this isn't fixed soon i will not be buying Cakewalk Sonar.

• Confused 1

6 hours ago, Timothy Harris said:

It's definitely a 2024.02 thing.

Given how many users are not experiencing such a problem, even if the problem is specific to this release, there must also be some project/setup-specific factor involved, in which case nothing will get 'fixed' if you don't share the project in question with the Bakers or otherwise provide steps to reproduce it.

• Like 2

On 3/30/2024 at 2:03 PM, Timothy Harris said:

Same here after installing 2024.02, except now half of my tracks don't play any sound. All are on Master. I am NOT a newbie. It's definitely a 2024.02 thing. All tracks played fine on the previous version. If this isn't fixed soon i will not be buying Cakewalk Sonar.

Operator error or something wrong with your setup...

On 3/23/2024 at 8:59 AM, Bob Halilovic said:

Master bus output is set to Speakers (4 - High definition Audio Device)

I just noticed this only happens with stand alone CWP files and not to CWP files in a project folder, with those, each track points to Master and that property is selectable for each track, The Master track points to Speakers (4 - High definition Audio Device) and everything seems to work correctly.

I will try creating a new project and copying everything across.

@Bob Halilovic very unlikely its related to the last update. there weren't any changes in that area. Which version did you update FROM?
Also, please PM the project that exhibits this issue and we can check.

Since updating, I've noticed that the audio playback of tracks using Cakewalk Sound Center instruments lags a little bit behind other tracks now.  Other instrument tracks play together, but the CSC track feels a fraction of a second behind.  If I set the MIDI Time offset for the CSC track to -50, it sounds closer.

Attached a sample project.

EDIT:

Here's an image showing the exported audio (top), which sounds correct/as it did before, and a recording of the actual playback (bottom).

The green is the Cakewalk Sound Center track, the red is the other.  They line up in the top file, but not the bottom.

comparison.png.01260d6dcb5961acf58552a06bdb81d2.png

Test Piano.cwp

Edited by Adam Biser
Added image