2024.02 Feedback

Problem solved. I recently installed the Dorico (Steinberg) program, and the "Steinberg Built-in ASIO Driver" was installed with it. I managed to enter the settings and it turned out, that Cakewalk automatically picked it up, and the Yamaha ASIO Driver disappeared from it. In the Windows Control Panel I simply uninstalled the driver and everything fell into place.

• Like 1

Not sure if it's specific to 2024.02, but is related to activation which has changed a lot recently.

I use cakewalk in a space without internet,  and I missed the activation period by a few days. Being non activated, saving was disabled as expected, but what I also found that the GUI would freeze every so often for a few seconds at a time - coinciding with the red activation toast message being displayed.

I suspect that the app is trying to call home even though there is no internet connection - and the GUI thread is being blocked while this happens (audio playback was not stopped).

Bit of an edge case, but perhaps the activation check could be moved off the GUI thread, or the checking limited to only when the app is opened / trying to save a project - rather than repeatedly during normal use.

• FWIW, I still log into CbB several times a week (might miss a week here or there), and today I got the toaster that saving is disabled until I reactivate Cakewalk.
    • I have 2024.02 build 098. 
    • The help menu gives me an option to log out from Bandlab.
    • Check for updates says I have the current version.
    • I have options to use offline activation, but I don't generally use that.
    • Help > About also says "Please sign into your Bandlab account to activate Cakewalk.
  • I seem to recall others have had this issue (being logged in yet having to log in to reactivate).
    • Did anyone solve it?
    • Are we supposed to log out and then log back into the Bandlab account?**
    • If anyone did that recently, does it work to reactivate CbB?
  • Thanks.

**UPDATE: I took a chance, logged out of Bandlab from within CbB, looked up the user name and password, rebooted CbB (might not have been necessary to close/reopen CbB), and logged into Bandlab starting from within CbB.  That worked for me.

Edited by User 905133
to add an update [solution that worked for me]

Hey, looks like I'm having weird GUI performance issues.

It looks similar to the PAUSE mode, but is less pronounced. During playback the cursor moves, then halts, and then jumps. Same story with Now time indicators, etc. In fact, it's the entire GUI that becomes unresponsive for a moment every other second, e.g. I click a button and only see the visual response later.

I have the latest NVIDIA Studio drivers 552.22 on Windows 11 Pro 23H2 (22631.3447) and do not observe any other issues in the system.