2024.02 Feedback

Hi all - please use this topic to post feedback specific to the 2024.02 release. Release-specific feedback is valuable to us, and consolidating it in a single topic is extremely helpful.

We request that  discussion in this thread be restricted to issues directly concerning this release, to make it easier for us to assist users. For other topics, kindly use the feature request section or create new posts.  Off topic messages will be deleted.

Thanks in advance!

2024.02 Release Notes

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

All appears well... but I got a bit confused reading the Notes page that opens.

For downloading Cakewalk, it's showing Bandlab Assistant to use for the download???

I updated from within CbB, so I'm up to date. But I thought to mention that Product Manager requested an update as well, then showed nothing and locked with a spinner for far too long before I Task managered out. That was before applying the update from within CbB

Note... I just opened Product Manager again and it again requested the update. This time it ran and completed correctly.

But as I already updated to 098, it's showing it as an available download instead of re-install? Is this correct? O guess it's not recognizing that I already have in installed?

Edited by Keni

1 hour ago, Keni said:

All appears well... but I got a bit confused reading the Notes page that opens.

For downloading Cakewalk, it's showing Bandlab Assistant to use for the download???

I updated from within CbB, so I'm up to date. But I thought to mention that Product Manager requested an update as well, then showed nothing and locked with a spinner for far too long before I Task managered out. That was before applying the update from within CbB

Note... I just opened Product Manager again and it again requested the update. This time it ran and completed correctly.

But as I already updated to 098, it's showing it as an available download instead of re-install? Is this correct? O guess it's not recognizing that I already have in installed?

If you're on build 098 for CbB, Product Center should see that it is currently installed. It's possible you might need to refresh in CPC. Product Center was updated yesterday to build 051 so the auto-update is expected there. 

• Like 2

Please forgive me if this is the wrong place for this question. Product Center 051 shows that I do not have Melodyne Essential 1.0.0.7 installed. However, over the years I've updated Melodyne to Essential version 5. If I select download on the Cakewalk Product Center, is this going to install an earlier version of Melodyne? Or is version 1.0.0.7 later than Essential version 5?

27 minutes ago, Jonathan Sasor said:

If you're on build 098 for CbB, Product Center should see that it is currently installed. It's possible you might need to refresh in CPC. Product Center was updated yesterday to build 051 so the auto-update is expected there. 

Thanks Jonathan.

Maybe the order I did things made a difference? Or rapidity? I only had Firefox and Thunderbird open at the time.

I’m gonna go open CPC again in a few minutes and see if things are any different.

I don’t know why the first update attempt this morning failed. It appeared successful but re-opening opened the okd version and again requested the update. It took the second time.

Changing location now. Will try CPC first

8 minutes ago, Noel Borthwick said:

This is expected. It will only pick up products that have been installed using Product Center or one of the new installers since the old installers don't communicate with product center.

Thanks Noel.

Should I leave it as as or allow it to reinstall over itself so that CPC can catch up? Is it important for any reason?

I installed using the toast within CbB.

8 minutes ago, Keni said:

Thanks Noel.

Should I leave it as as or allow it to reinstall over itself so that CPC can catch up? Is it important for any reason?

I installed using the toast within CbB.

It shouldnt matter whether its installed from Cbb or from product center.

• Like 1

Just to note.

I closed all and waited, then opened CPC and it's still showing the 098 as a download not a re-install. 098 is verified previously on my system.

What would make it refresh and read what's in CbB already?

1 hour ago, Jonathan Sasor said:

By refresh, do you mean overwrite the current install by downloading/installing it?

53 minutes ago, Noel Borthwick said:

It shouldnt matter whether its installed from Cbb or from product center.

As I also reported to Jonathan, I have closed and re-opened all programs and CPC still shows 098 as an available download instead of as a re-install (or gone)

Opening CbB shows 098 installed and activated.

Opened my existing CPC installation (1.0.0.28)  got a message saying that this version has "expired" and needed updating. It has been "getting updates" now for over 30 minutes. Seems a bit excessive !!

cpc.jpg

EDIT: Over an hour now.....binned it.

EDIT 2: Downloaded CPC again and installed it. Now showing as  v1.0.0.051 and seems to be functioning.

Edited by paulo

52 minutes ago, Keni said:

As I also reported to Jonathan, I have closed and re-opened all programs and CPC still shows 098 as an available download instead of as a re-install (or gone)

Opening CbB shows 098 installed and activated.

Its always available as a download even if it has been installed. The green dot means its installed.

• Like 1

Offline authorization does not work here!

I have had a lot of trouble with the BandLab logins!

• With my previous user I had the problem that my display name changed back when I signed out and then signed in again! And unfortunately the number of changes for this one is limited in time! That's why I created a new user to solve this problem. So far so good!
  • Lately when I signed out of discuss.cakewalk.com with my new user (Sistine), I couldn't log in again. It said the password is wrong. After a lot of time I found out, that there is another user on the Bandlab site that uses Sistine as user or display name and if I entered only the display name it chose the wrong user entry. To cut a long story short: If I had used my email address for the user login, then it worked and I was in in the forum again. Oh my God!
  • Now, knowing that my short user name does not work, I have correctly used the full email address as user name in the offline auth request. But it seems that the new Product Center uses internally the short name, so it displays a wrong user name as signed in, although I used the whole email in the browser login and that worked successful. When I try to authorize the offline request it says the user does not match, but I have entered exactly the same string!

It is very annoying!!!

EDIT:

1. It seems to change the display name permanently you have to do it in BandLab.com (profile name).
  2. I had confused the BL.account name with the BL.profile name (display name in forum)!

Thus it was all my fault! Sorry!

Edited by CSistine

2 hours ago, Noel Borthwick said:

Its always available as a download even if it has been installed. The green dot means its installed.

Cool. I like that it remains available, but why the download icon instead of the re-install icone as other green dotted entries display?

10 hours ago, Keni said:

Cool. I like that it remains available, but why the download icon instead of the re-install icone as other green dotted entries display?

I guess the download icon makes sense if you just want to download the installer for an offline machine!

1 hour ago, CSistine said:

I guess the download icon makes sense if you just want to download the installer for an offline machine!

Don’t get me wrong. I'd rather it show than not but it’s not following conventions...