Native £45 Voucher

JoeGBradford

1 hour ago, JoeGBradford said:

Can't see this one here. I don't seem able to post the link but head over to NI to find the voucher

Cleverly it starts at a £90 spend - 50p more than a crossgrade to Kontakt7 so I would have to buy one of their £22 instruments / packs to get Kontakt cheaper. Pretty good deal though and I am increasingly tempted as Kontakt also includes two free Play Series (though I can't find much tempting in there!)   

I don't think you could possibly regret getting KONTAKT, Joe.

I have a thread full of my recommendations for free sample libraries for the full version of KONTAKT. There's a wealth of high quality instruments in there.  Pianos, synths, brass, strings, drums, percussion -- it's there. The included Factory library with KONTAKT likely also includes some libraries you'd enjoy. I don't think I have a single DAW project with multiple instruments that doesn't include KONTAKT. I use it far more than anything else. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, PavlovsCat said:

I do regret it, because I think in less than a year I've spent like $5000 on Kontakt libraries…

And also I can count the free libraries I'd actually use in a production on like half a hand.

So yeah, full Kontakt is the rabbit hole of rabbit holes.

Edited by jngnz
  • Like 3
  • Haha 3

2 minutes ago, aidan o driscoll said:

Anybody know of €14.50 expansion NOT included in Komplete 14 standard? I am adding an expansion to the upgr price for Komplete 14 standard to bump the price over €100 to make use of the €50 coupon

All of the MASSIVE (X) Expansions are in Standard, so you might need a Maschine one if you want something different!
See here: Komplete Compare

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Carl Ewing said:

This is another reason I like subscriptions. I hate playing these sales / voucher games. Just give me the whole catalog and all new products for one yearly fee. I pay it for upgrading CE anyway, and I hate waiting a year+ for newly released products I want. Hoping they add that option in 2024.

A couple of years back I bought iZotope MPS 4-point-something, and they let me in for free to MPS5, which was nice, and it was a curious release where they said, look, we're giving you only some of MPS5 now, and you'll get the newer versions of some things (I think Ozone and RX) later in the year.  It was kind of a cool situation because it avoided the one you describe now (I'm also in the same boat, with 14CE.). If they said buy 14CE now and get everything that's released up until 15CE comes out... like build in a year of upgrades into the price maybe...?  But then again, I've been on Komplete since v9, and the longer it goes on the more I kinda realise that it's like a lump-subscription, although, as you so accurately point out, it means that people "waiting on the next Komplete" have to play this weird waiting game...

Edited by joeletters
  • Like 2

I've always wanted to get the full version of Kontakt but kept putting it off. I checked on the price (because of the voucher email) and found I could get a cross-grade price of $99.50! I added on Session Strings for $49.50, used the voucher and got both for $99 total!

I'm happy...

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Fleer said:

I already have 13UCE so I can’t get 14 Standard through Native Instruments.

BUT I can crossgrade to 14 Standard from MPS6 through iZotope. 

Ultimate 14 upgrade from 13 is $179 at Thomann

https://www.thomannmusic.com/native_instruments_komplete_14_ultim._ud_8_13_ult.htm?listPosition=17&ref=search_rslt_Komplete_551465_0&type=quickSearch

• Like 2

5 hours ago, PavlovsCat said:

I have a thread full of my recommendations for free sample libraries for the full version of KONTAKT. There's a wealth of high quality instruments in there.  Pianos, synths, brass, strings, drums, percussion -- it's there. The included Factory library with KONTAKT likely also includes some libraries you'd enjoy. I don't think I have a single DAW project with multiple instruments that doesn't include KONTAKT. I use it far more than anything else. 

Thanks Peter - I had a quick listen through to the Kontakt libraries and although there is some good stuff in there I wasn't overwhelmed - especially as I have IK TotalStudio 2 Max and several other libraries & synths. However, as you suggest, the main temptation is the free libraries. I'm a tight git money wise but  I'll mull it over during the holiday and will probably bite - after all my New Years Resolution is likely to be to spend more time making music and less on Facebook and forums 😉 Oh and drink less beer which would pay for Kontakt - that's how I justified buying TS2 Max 🙂 - but only after drinking less beer! 

• Haha 1