Native £45 Voucher

JoeGBradford

52 minutes ago, Technostica said:

Desolate Guitars is a third party product and not a collaboration so won't be in komplete.

Third party products very prominently show the vendor name at the top of the product page, whereas collaborations just mention the names towards the bottom of the page.

Good catch - thanks for pointing that out.

37 minutes ago, GoncaloL said:

Just to add Schema: Dark that it is still to be included too

Now that i see the list there is already more than enough products to justify a new iteration, while there is nothing that really standout, there are some really interesting instruments… Fables, Valves , Session Percussionist…

Totally missed that - thanks!

44 minutes ago, chris.r said:

I just realized it didn't come with a timbale! 😱😱

it does even more cowbell though..

Having cowbell without timbale is sacrilegious where I'm from. Strange too, because a lot of the rhythms in that library walkthrough have a Cuban / Latin vibe.

Looking through the percussion list, it's odd they left out so many key percussion instruments. It's a really thin list, heavily weighted to light percussion spectrum, that likely cripples the library's versatility. Hopefully they add to it in the future.

Edited by Carl Ewing

41 minutes ago, Carl Ewing said:

Having cowbell without timbale is sacrilegious where I'm from. Strange too, because a lot of the rhythms in that library walkthrough have a Cuban / Latin vibe.

Looking through the percussion list, it's odd they left out so many key percussion instruments. It's a really thin list, heavily weighted to light percussion spectrum, that likely cripples the library's versatility. Hopefully they add to it in the future.

Totally agree. I wonder if there's indeed any chance that they would add some missing pieces in future, I'd expect that would require some extensive re-working of the huge patterns library.

16 hours ago, aidan o driscoll said:

Anybody know of €14.50 expansion NOT included in Komplete 14 standard? I am adding an expansion to the upgr price for Komplete 14 standard to bump the price over €100 to make use of the €50 coupon

you can buy some effects for this price, like Replika XT or Supercharger GT upgrades

• Like 1

I slept on this possible upgr to K14 standard from 13, and even though its about €65 to do so with coupon, is it still worth it with respect to the meat and veg core of Komplete instrument wise. Outside of play series and expansion froth ( :D ) the only core addition is Kontakt 7?? Plus a few guitar instruments? 

The Q I am asking myself is I imagine K15 will happen 2024? Is it best hang onto this €65 for then?   

11 minutes ago, aidan o driscoll said:

I slept on this possible upgr to K14 standard from 13, and even though its about €65 to do so with coupon, is it still worth it with respect to the meat and veg core of Komplete instrument wise. Outside of play series and expansion froth ( :D ) the only core addition is Kontakt 7?? Plus a few guitar instruments? 

The Q I am asking myself is I imagine K15 will happen 2024? Is it best hang onto this €65 for then?   

It is tempting the offer and more coming from the komplete version I have which is 12, but I will wait for komplete 15.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, aidan o driscoll said:

K15 it should be around the corner, but keep in mind that the upgrade cost will double, and you will probably have to wait one year until a sale on that one.

If you are not feeling the urge on this one just wait one more year.

To me the sweet spot is always the first sale on each iteration, or even skip one iteration at all if there is nothing really  appealing, and wait for a first sale on the next one.

Been doing this since K5

• Like 2
  • Great Idea 1

Thanks @Carlos Iglesias @GoncaloL ... I tend to look at Komplete from perspective of the core instruments .. the rest to me is bloat eg the expansions and play series. I would say if we wre all honest to ourselves we do NOT use these things much if at all. Take all that out and there really is not much bar Kontakt 7 full in K14?

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, aidan o driscoll said:

Thanks @Carlos Iglesias @GoncaloL ... I tend to look at Komplete from perspective of the core instruments .. the rest to me is bloat eg the expansions and play series. I would say if we wre all honest to ourselves we do NOT use these things much if at all. Take all that out and there really is not much bar Kontakt 7 full in K14?

While i agree that Kontakt 7 is the real deal, would say that Piano colors and Lores are great, and the Light Trilogy is really fun.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, GoncaloL said:

While i agree that Kontakt 7 is the real deal, would say that Piano colors and Lores are great, and the Light Trilogy is really fun.

Yip - but then thats IF these are useful to you I reckon. Im just being truthful to myself. I upgraded a destop PC of mine last while with SSD and took opportunity to only install what i use plugins, software wise. This included only installing what I truthfully use in Komplete rather than installing alot of what i call the bloat vs actual core items 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, JoeGBradford said:

Thanks Peter - I had a quick listen through to the Kontakt libraries and although there is some good stuff in there I wasn't overwhelmed - especially as I have IK TotalStudio 2 Max and several other libraries & synths. However, as you suggest, the main temptation is the free libraries. I'm a tight git money wise but  I'll mull it over during the holiday and will probably bite - after all my New Years Resolution is likely to be to spend more time making music and less on Facebook and forums 😉 Oh and drink less beer which would pay for Kontakt - that's how I justified buying TS2 Max 🙂 - but only after drinking less beer! 

I've been doing that for 20 years.....like next year will be different? 

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

I got an Maschine Expansion even though I don't have the hardware other than a M32.  So I got Lores and Fables base on everyone's recommendation. 

I was too stupid to figure out the tax trick.  Often the expansions also come with Massive X presets and there are also one shot and loops to use in other ways.

Too bad that voucher couldn't be used on hardware. 

2 hours ago, aidan o driscoll said:

Which is what I’m doing, in the end. 
Got 13 KUCE and I’m thinking 15 could be very different, what with the iZotope and Plugin Alliance integration and all. 

• Like 2