Arturia Black Friday (check your account)

Niky Serrano

I have V Collection 8 and also have SQ80v. The augmented stuff doesnt interest me, I also found them system hogs, so for $99 upgrade I would get KORG MS-20 V + a few of the existing instruments upgraded. Its a hold off for me anyway :D

I also have FX Collection 2 and can upgrade to 4 for $69 .. seems it has 4 new additions 

https://support.arturia.com/hc/en-us/articles/9023960780700-What-s-new-in-FX-Collection-4-

Again I dont think so

However for €87 I can upgrade my ableton 11 to the new v12 .. so most likely thats the choice I will make

Edited by aidan o driscoll
  • Great Idea 1

10 minutes ago, aidan o driscoll said:

I have V Collection 8 and also have SQ80v. The augmented stuff doesnt interest me, I also found them system hogs, so for $99 upgrade I would get KORG MS-20 V + a few of the existing instruments upgraded. Its a hold off for me anyway :D

I also have FX Collection 2 and can upgrade to 4 for $69 .. seems it has 4 new additions 

If you have FX2, isn't there like 8 new products (FX3+FX4)? But it's good to know that if I skip this year, the upgrade price could possibly be 69 again next year from FX3 to FX5...

And yeah, best to probably wait for V Collection 10 if you're not in a hurry.

• Like 1
  • Great Idea 1

12 minutes ago, aidan o driscoll said:

https://support.arturia.com/hc/en-us/articles/9023960780700-What-s-new-in-FX-Collection-4-

Again I dont think so

However for €87 I can upgrade my ableton 11 to the new v12 .. so most likely thats the choice I will make

Upgrading from FX Collection 2 is not only 4 new additions. You forget to include what’s new in version 3.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, User 905133 said:

Before today, I think I was also seeing the $129 price for the FX Collection.  Today, I see the $69 price.  It shows up as $249 before I login/click Buy.  Once I login and click Buy, I see the $69 price for FX Collection 4. Not sure I will get it, but maybe the sequence of steps is helpful for others.

What did you already have?

1 hour ago, MrFigg said:

It might just be me but are quite a lot of the instruments in the V Collection pretty CPU intensive?

Yes, but at least they sound incredibl…y mediocre for it. Sold V9 and never looked back. Only slightly miss the MS-20.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Kirean said:

I think it might be 49 bucks if I didn't own it already. But then it might be more if I didn't own Pigments too. From I've seen, I think people get the best deal when they go from Pigments to V Collection to FX (ie. crossgrade will be cheaper than upgrade.) Don't quote me on any of it though.

I own both V Collection 9 and Pigments. My crossgrade price for FX Collection 4  is €69. That’s 30 effects I might actually never use.

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Promidi said:

Yay, I can get V Collection 9 and FX Collection 4 at a huge discount......

Thing is.  I already have them!

Actually, I think the reason this happens is when one has multiple Arturia products that trigger the upgrade offer.

That would be a 2nd license which I guess would come in handy of you have 10 machines.

Skipping it this round again and might consider V Collection 10 when it comes out. My upgrade offer is $149 for V Collection, so nothing special so I might as well leave it until the new release.. or never.. lots in there, but I have plenty of alternatives to keep me happy. Their upgrade offers are a lucky dip really.. 

I've been watching the upgrade to the FX Collection 4 for a few months now. I own Analog Lab Pro and the full Augmented Strings along with a handful of the freebie FX from over the years: Tape MELLO-FI, Rev PLATE-140, Filter MS-20, and Chorus JUN-6.  I was sitting on a $129 upgrade to the FX Collection when they introduced Efx MOTIONS. 

But someone here said they upgraded during BF last year for $49!  So I waited, and the offer went away.

Today, with the 2023 BF sale, my "Crossgrade to FX Collection 4"  is ....

... (drum roll) ...

$129   

I'm relieved, but not excited.  There are a bunch of these plugins that are duplicate/triplicate.etc. to what I already have. But, there are also a few that seem very creative and useful. Plus, you guys seem to really like them for the most part which means there might be some I might actually use...  

The other offers are:

• Crossgrade to Pigments $69
  • Upgrade from Analog Lab Pro to the V Collection 9 $149

Plus, it doesn't seem like UAD will be having anymore $14 plugins.   🤔

Edited by mibby