Universal Audio 1176 Classic Limiter Collection Super Flash Deal

cclarry

2 hours ago, TheSteven said:

have a different kind of blury issue because the plugin stores its resources in under "C:\Program Files\Common Files\VST3\uaudio_polymax.vst3\Contents\Resources" instead of any of the standard Windows locations

Ya gotta wonder why they make decisions like that. 

[TOTP]

Edited by Grem
  • Haha 1

UA Connect and the arbitrary limits of software location is currently the biggest gripe I have with UA plugins. Can't choose install locations and if you try to get away from the defaults by using soft/hard symbolic links, things don't work. Even if you choose a different folder to install files in the software, it still throws all the big ones to the system drive (since apparently the (Creative Bundle's) Grand Piano -files don't qualify under 'Instrument Content'.)

• Like 1
  • Sad 3

33 minutes ago, Kirean said:

UA Connect and the arbitrary limits of software location is currently the biggest gripe I have with UA plugins. Can't choose install locations and if you try to get away from the defaults by using soft/hard symbolic links, things don't work. Even if you choose a different folder to install files in the software, it still throws all the big ones to the system drive (since apparently the (Creative Bundle's) Grand Piano -files don't qualify under 'Instrument Content'.)

Wow, didn’t know. That sux. 

• Like 1

It's interesting how some people have problems and some people don't when using the same thing. UAD Connect is pretty much invisible and I never have any reason to pay attention to it except for when I want to activate and install something. The Ravel Piano installed onto my external drive just fine and it took zero effort to get it to do that.  I've also never had any issues with iLok, and I find their protection highly convenient. 

I'm on a MAC.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Hurricane said:

It's interesting how some people have problems and some people don't...

I actually played around installing/uninstalling/re-installing it again today. Finally was able to get the end results I wanted, but I first had to install it to a system drive before being able to move the contents via UA Connect to another drive (when I installed the Grand Piano a few times previously, I don't remember seeing that 'Move Contents' button).

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Kirean said:

1 hour ago, Hurricane said:

It's interesting how some people have problems and some people don't when using the same thing. UAD Connect is pretty much invisible and I never have any reason to pay attention to it except for when I want to activate and install something. The Ravel Piano installed onto my external drive just fine and it took zero effort to get it to do that.  I've also never had any issues with iLok, and I find their protection highly convenient. 

I'm on a MAC.

These and other things lead me to assume that UAD's development team is MAC based.
No offense intended to my MAC using brethren.

Note on iLok - I'm a PC user and I don't have issues with iLok (and haven't since Windows 98) but as they say YMMV.

• Like 2

On 8/29/2023 at 4:42 PM, MusicMan said:

I actually like the Waves CLA76 but want to get away from them and demoed this a little while ago and it was as good and better than Waves, but no WUP and even cheaper than the regular $29 Waves "sale" price!

I would've snatched the Overloud GEM at $29 from AudioDeluxe which I also demoed at the same time but the UAD just had the edge. Overloud Comp76 is really good too though.

Later CLA76 🙂

My thoughts exactly. 
Bye bye Waves. 
Go, UAD. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Nick Blanc said:

I didn't see the option to install the content for the piano elsewhere, so I didn't bother to install it. I have piano's, a lot. I'm sure this one won't be missed.

FWIW, the installer gave me the option on the piano content and even suggested several different drives, including showing the available space on each. Windows 10.

Edited by Anxiousmofo
  • Like 2

IMO the download/installation with UA Connect is ridiculous if I look at the resulting files installed (e.g. with PolyMAX). Especially I don't understand that there are no installation options to choose and I don't like the lack of transparency of their process. Also using iLok authorization I don't see the requirement to do some additional foggy stuff in this area, everything could be done in the iLok Manager itself as usual. No meanders are required!

Also never before I had to enter my iLok password for a plugin installation and it never happened to me that I had a prompt to allow web-access during plugin scanning. It seems to be a very shady company regarding their software (oops this will cause comments I guess)! And it never happened to me that my iLok was unlinked of my system, because I forgot first to put the authorization on it (happened with UA Connect!!!).

All in all I am convinced that I will not buy their stuff, it does not matter how good the deal will be, but YMMV! Luckily there are enough good products to a fair price on the market that can be installed/authorized more easily!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, mibby said:

Sorry if this has been asked and answered, but does UA give you a $25 coupon if you buy through a reseller?

I’m afraid not, at least that’s what I understood from their representative (Drew) in the Gearslutz forum. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

45 minutes ago, Fleer said:

I’m afraid not, at least that’s what I understood from their representative (Drew) in the Gearslutz forum. 

Out of curiosity, do you happen to know if two $25 coupons can be stacked?

Did anyone get a $25 coupon back when buying the 1176 bundle? I still haven't.

3 hours ago, sd said:

I got one back. Did you check your cart? And yeah, you can stack multiple coupons. 

Thanks 🙂 Did you pay the $39 price, or the $14 price? I have read that if it's under a certain value (not sure what) you might not get the $25 thank you coupon.

Also just to be sure, are you definitely referring to stackung 2  x $25 Thankyou coupons?

Edit: and yes, definitely checked the cart too. No email either.

Edited by MusicMan

IMG_5374.thumb.png.3bd4813491add8f236649b02eb345cf0.png

I’ve definitely stacked multiple coupons, I guess not multiple “thank you” coupons, but it doesn’t seem too unlikely. I got the 1176 for $14, and have gotten a $25 coupon with every purchase I’ve ever made with them. That said, they do seem a bit spotty on who gets certain discounts etc.

I jumped on the free polymax (& at this point own quite a few other plugins) and my creative edition bundle is still $299, so who knows?! I’m liking these fire sales they are doing now, though. That’s for sure.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1